|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain have to learn besides the physical markers on the Mississippi?
(a) How high the boat was to avoid bridges.
(b) How high the river was at any given time.
(c) To follow the light on the shore.
(d) To read maps.
2. What did Twain compare pilot's loss of romance toward the Mississippi to?
(a) To the food losing their mystery to farmers.
(b) To the ocean losing its mystery to sea captains.
(c) To gravity losing its mystery for an aviator.
(d) To the human body losing its mystery for doctors.
3. What was the job of Twain's friend in Chapter 31?
(a) Watching over a ice depot.
(c) Watching over dead bodies
(d) Prison guard.
4. Why was Twain delighted concerning Bixby in Chapter 48?
(a) He finds him exactly the same.
(b) He finds him in a wheelchair
(c) He finds him without a job.
(d) He finds him aged..
5. Where did the man Twain describe in Chapter 48 sent correspondence from?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) The afterlife.
(d) The land of the lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the letter the man received in Chapter 52 say?
2. Who was Bixby according to Chapter 6?
3. How long did Twain stay with his brother before his death?
4. What did the man try to teach Twain about in Chapter 30?
5. What did Sir Walter Scott do to the south according to Twain?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)