|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the man Twain took his name from write under that pseudonym?
(a) Silly articles.
(b) Opinion pieces.
(c) News articles.
(d) Steamboat reviews.
2. Who did Twain take the name Mark Twain from, according to Chapter 50?
(a) Captain Stephen.
(b) Captain Roberts.
(c) Captain Marks.
(d) Captain Sellers.
3. Where was Twain's brother hospitalized?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) Baton Rouge.
(d) New York.
4. Why did the pilot of the boat where Twain was on in Chapter 19 get in trouble?
(a) He did not navigate a turn the proper way.
(b) He refused to slow down.
(c) He tried to hit Twain.
(d) For not stopping at a specific point.
5. What was Twain's brother's name according to Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was causing the impression of a bluff reef in Chapter 9?
2. Who did Twain run into in Chapter 53?
3. What did the pilot in Chapter 26 transport during the Civil War?
4. Who did Twain's brother think killed the bum?
5. What did Twain have to learn besides the physical markers on the Mississippi?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)