|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bixby have to pilot the boat around in Chapter 7?
(a) A port.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A barge.
(d) An island.
2. Why did Twain have to change a name as mentioned in Chapter 47?
(a) The name didn't reflect the content.
(b) The owner of the name brought a libel suit.
(c) The name was a mouthful.
(d) The name was too long for the cover.
3. Where was Twain's brother hospitalized?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Baton Rouge.
(d) New York.
4. What southern occupation did Twain describe in Chapter 45?
(a) Economical tak.
(b) War talk.
(c) Politic talk.
(d) Peace talk.
5. How was the pilot able to get a raise in Chapter 14?
(a) By doing a "$175 job."
(b) By doing a "$250 job."
(c) By doing a "$60 job."
(d) By doing a "$125 job."
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the Mississippi River according to Chapter 1?
2. What did Twain say was profitable before, but were later hardly worth anything?
3. What did Twain trace back the towns in Chapter 23 to?
4. What was important in Twain's early life according to Chapter 4?
5. How many died in the battlefield described in Chapter 34?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)