|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain think he would do using a steamboat according to Chapter 5?
(a) Explore the Mississippi.
(b) Run a flourishing trading business.
(c) Explore the Amazon.
(d) Try to cross the Atlantic.
2. What choice did the captain of the steamboat in Chapter 19 choose at the end?
(a) Brown over Twain.
(b) He didn't take sides.
(c) Twain over Brown.
(d) He fired Both Twain and Brown.
3. What did Twain try to do in Chapter 22, but failed?
(a) Be hired as a ship mate.
(b) Travel incognito.
(c) Smuggle liquor on the boat.
(d) He tried to buy a boat.
4. What was the normal wage for a pilot in Twain's time?
5. What was the name of Brown's ship according to Chapter 20?
(a) The Little Man.
(b) The Pennsylvania.
(c) The Gold Rush.
(d) The Wisconsin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain say made the river even harder to navigate in Chapter 8?
2. What task does Twain describe in Chapter 12?
3. What did the gang in Chapter 29 steal?
4. When was the Mississippi first seen by a settler?
5. What would smaller ships do after bumping into larger steamboats?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)