|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Twain on a different boat than the one he started he training on in Chapter 18?
(a) He was writing an article.
(b) He was fired.
(c) He resigned form the other boat.
(d) He was loaned out.
2. What stories did the pilot in Chapter 24 tell Twain?
(a) War stories.
(b) Pilot stories.
(c) Alligator stories.
(d) Boat stories.
3. Who told Marquette that the Mississippi was dangerous?
(a) The Spaniards.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The French.
(d) The British.
4. What would smaller ships do after bumping into larger steamboats?
(a) Go repair their boat.
(b) Sue for damages.
(c) Try to board the larger steamboats.
(d) Try to pay more attention.
5. What was the name of the pilot in Twain's story in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed Twain's life in Chapter 21?
2. What was important in Twain's early life according to Chapter 4?
3. What did Twain trace back the towns in Chapter 23 to?
4. What part of the river did Twain write about in Chapter 25?
5. What is a bluff reef?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)