|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain compare steamboats to in Chapter 38?
(a) A large farm.
(b) An average fancy house.
(c) An average hotel.
(d) An average train.
2. What was the main quality good pilots needed to have according to Twain in Chapter 13?
(a) Quick reflexes.
3. What did Twain say was profitable before, but were later hardly worth anything?
(a) Grain transports.
(b) Steamboat bars.
(c) Passenger transport.
(d) Steamboat poker tournaments.
4. Who did Twain talk to in Chapter 40?
(a) Mrs. Rosenberg.
(b) Mrs. Bourg.
(c) Mrs. Trollope.
(d) Mrs. Talp.
5. What was causing the impression of a bluff reef in Chapter 9?
(a) An alligator.
(c) A trunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Twain's friend want his money to go to?
2. What did Twain think of the romance of the river in Chapter 28?
3. What did the pilot find to be a silly game?
4. What would smaller ships do after bumping into larger steamboats?
5. What did Twain discover after talking with the pilot in Chapter 24?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)