|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Twain's friend's wife and child?
(a) They were arrested.
(b) They were murdered.
(c) They left him.
(d) They died in an accident.
2. What did the gang in Chapter 29 steal?
3. What did Twain describe in Chapter 11?
(a) An amazing piece of piloting.
(b) His fear of piloting alone.
(c) How cargo wasunloaded.
(d) The trip of a family en route for New Orleans.
4. What did Twain promise his instructor?
(a) $500 out of his first wages.
(b) $250 out of his first wages.
(c) $800 out of his first wages.
(d) $50 out of his first wages.
5. What did Twain try to do in Chapter 22, but failed?
(a) Be hired as a ship mate.
(b) He tried to buy a boat.
(c) Smuggle liquor on the boat.
(d) Travel incognito.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Twain stay with his brother before his death?
2. What saint did Twain mention in Chapter 42?
3. What did Twain think he would do using a steamboat according to Chapter 5?
4. Who helped complete the pilot's association monopoly?
5. What did Twain say made the river even harder to navigate in Chapter 8?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)