|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain describe in Chapter 11?
(a) How cargo wasunloaded.
(b) The trip of a family en route for New Orleans.
(c) An amazing piece of piloting.
(d) His fear of piloting alone.
2. What did pilots use to perform the task described in Chapter 12?
(b) Steel lines.
(c) Long ropes from the shore.
(d) Small boats.
3. What did New Orleans have fewer of in recent years according to Twain in Chapter 41?
(c) Sewer problems.
4. Who was doing the depth measurement according to Chapter 28?
(a) Government boats.
(b) The steamboat captains.
(c) Smaller boating companies.
(d) Local residents.
5. How long were steamboat pilots shifts?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What manufacturing city did Twain describe in Chapter 39?
2. Where was the man who tried to teach Twain a lesson from Chapter 30?
3. What did Twain find amazing about learning to navigate the Mississippi?
4. How did the men treat Huck after finding him?
5. What was the name of the man in competition with Twain for a girl?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)