|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Twain stay with his brother before his death?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 5 days.
2. Who did Twain befriend on the steamboat from Cincinnati?
(a) The pilot.
(b) The captain.
(c) The mecanic.
(d) The night watchman.
3. Why did Twain think the New Orleans graveyard to be dangerous?
(a) Because of alligators.
(b) Because of the chemicals the dead bodies emitted.
(c) Because of open graves.
(d) Because of grave robbers.
4. Who did Twain talk to in Chapter 40?
(a) Mrs. Talp.
(b) Mrs. Trollope.
(c) Mrs. Rosenberg.
(d) Mrs. Bourg.
5. What did Twain say was profitable before, but were later hardly worth anything?
(a) Steamboat bars.
(b) Grain transports.
(c) Passenger transport.
(d) Steamboat poker tournaments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain describe in Chapter 11?
2. Who helped complete the pilot's association monopoly?
3. What task does Twain describe in Chapter 12?
4. What did Twain say made the river even harder to navigate in Chapter 8?
5. What did the steamboat pilots have to do to navigate the Mississippi according to Chapter 9?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)