1. How long is the Mississippi River according to Chapter 1?
(a) 750 miles.
(b) 1,300 miles.
(c) 300 miles.
(d) 2,300 miles.
2. How long would the Mississippi be if it was in a straight line?
(a) 675 miles.
(b) 975 miles.
(c) 595 miles.
(d) 235 miles.
3. When was the Mississippi first seen by a settler?
4. Who was the first settler to see the Mississippi?
(a) de Vama.
5. How long after the first settler saw the Mississippi did the following settler see the river?
(a) 130 years.
(b) 150 years.
(c) 210 years.
(d) 90 years.
6. Where did Marquette come from when he explored the Mississippi junction in Chapter 2?
(d) New York.
7. Who told Marquette that the Mississippi was dangerous?
(a) The Spaniards.
(b) The French.
(c) The British.
(d) The Indians.
8. Who proved that the Mississippi emptied in the Gulf of Mexico?
(a) De La Villa.
(b) La Grange.
(c) La Salle.
(d) La Rosa.
9. What did Huckleberry Finn do in Chapter 3?
(a) Illustrated how men on the Mississipi talked.
(b) Illustrated how men on the Mississipi lived.
(c) Illustrated how men on the Mississipi treated slaves.
(d) Illustrated how men on the Mississipi traveled.
This section contains 3,862 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)