Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Pi had no bait, what did he cut up to fish with in the morning, after his leather shoe was unsuccessful?
2. What was Pi careful to maintain with the tiger in his quest to be known by the tiger as the alpha male?
3. What did Pi fail to control as time passed on the liferaft?
4. What did Pi tell to the interviewers?
5. What did the officials say to the author about the interview with Pi?
There are multiple storms during the story. Each storm leaves Pi with a new vision and attitude about his ordeal and the future. Pick one such storm and describe the storm, its immediate effects on Pi, and its overall effect on the larger story themes.
One of the themes of the story is the survival of life. How do the animals, besides the tiger, play a role in this theme?
Pi learns he must out-smart the tiger, because he is unable to out-muscle him. Describe, using specific examples from the book, some ways that you believe Pi out-smarts the tiger. How does the tiger not know what Pi is doing? Is the tiger dumber then Pi? Does the tiger focus on different things then Pi? Did the tiger allow himself to be outsmarted?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)