|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi always feel at the center of?
2. What smell reminded Pi of childhood?
3. What did Pi call the tiger's snorting in and out?
4. What did the interviewing men decide had caused the ship to sink?
5. What did Pi finally realize after reading the manual written by a British Royal Navy commander?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which animals in the book are most like people in Pi's life? Use specific examples to explain why you chose various animals and what similar characteristics to their human counterparts they exhibit.
Essay Topic 2
Pi develops a friendship with the tiger over time, through both taming and training. Explain the process Pi used to tame and train the tiger. Why would a training process be beneficial? Why couldn't Pi simply do this in one day? Why do you think a tiger would want to be trained?
Essay Topic 3
At many times in the book, Pi nears death, as he runs low on food and the will to live. Using specific examples from the book, discuss some of these events and what Pi learns about himself through the events.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)