Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Pi had no bait, what did he cut up to fish with in the morning, after his leather shoe was unsuccessful?
2. What was Pi careful to maintain with the tiger in his quest to be known by the tiger as the alpha male?
3. What did Pi fail to control as time passed on the liferaft?
4. What did Pi tell to the interviewers?
5. What did the officials say to the author about the interview with Pi?
Essay Topic 1
Is Richard Parker a human or a tiger? Using Chapter 2, the early chapters about animal behavior, and Richard Parker's behavior once shipwrecked, describe whether you believe he is a human or a tiger.
Essay Topic 2
What makes Pi's ordeal so difficult for the Japanese interviewers to believe? Would it have been easier if the Pi had described the tiger as Richard Parker, a human?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of Pi's diary in his ordeal? Is it important? Is it just "filler?" Why?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)