|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the greatest of contradictions, according to Pi?
2. What did Pi plan to do with the tiger once the tiger expressed friendliness and harmlessness?
3. What did the interviewers do after Pi finished telling them what he told them?
4. What happened after Pi discovered he was blind?
5. What did Pi bring to the tiger in the morning after they had both had a restless night's sleep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of turtles in the book? Using specific examples from before the shipwreck as well as after, describe their importance to the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the "circle of life and death" is exhibited before the shipwreck in the zoo, and after the shipwreck in the lifeboat.
Essay Topic 3
Pi learns he must out-smart the tiger, because he is unable to out-muscle him. Describe, using specific examples from the book, some ways that you believe Pi out-smarts the tiger. How does the tiger not know what Pi is doing? Is the tiger dumber then Pi? Does the tiger focus on different things then Pi? Did the tiger allow himself to be outsmarted?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)