Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Pi had no bait, what did he cut up to fish with in the morning, after his leather shoe was unsuccessful?
2. What was Pi careful to maintain with the tiger in his quest to be known by the tiger as the alpha male?
3. What did Pi fail to control as time passed on the liferaft?
4. What did Pi tell to the interviewers?
5. What did the officials say to the author about the interview with Pi?
Essay Topic 1
Pi develops a friendship with the tiger over time, through both taming and training. Explain the process Pi used to tame and train the tiger. Why would a training process be beneficial? Why couldn't Pi simply do this in one day? Why do you think a tiger would want to be trained?
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of turtles in the book? Using specific examples from before the shipwreck as well as after, describe their importance to the book.
Essay Topic 3
Is Richard Parker a human or a tiger? Using Chapter 2, the early chapters about animal behavior, and Richard Parker's behavior once shipwrecked, describe whether you believe he is a human or a tiger.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)