Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Pi had no bait, what did he cut up to fish with in the morning, after his leather shoe was unsuccessful?
2. What was Pi careful to maintain with the tiger in his quest to be known by the tiger as the alpha male?
3. What did Pi fail to control as time passed on the liferaft?
4. What did Pi tell to the interviewers?
5. What did the officials say to the author about the interview with Pi?
Essay Topic 1
Which animals in the book are most like people in Pi's life? Use specific examples to explain why you chose various animals and what similar characteristics to their human counterparts they exhibit.
Essay Topic 2
There are multiple storms during the story. Each storm leaves Pi with a new vision and attitude about his ordeal and the future. Pick one such storm and describe the storm, its immediate effects on Pi, and its overall effect on the larger story themes.
Essay Topic 3
What is the definition of anthropomorphism? What role does it play in the book? Why is it important to the story? Please support your answers with examples from the text.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)