|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi not find after looking around on the boat?
2. According to Pi, when have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
3. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
4. Who is Mamji?
5. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the zebra like Pi in Part 2, Chapter 46?
2. How is the lion in the zoo in Part 1, Chapter 13 an example of the well-defined social order of animals?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 25, why did Pi not feel as though he fit in anywhere?
4. How do Pi's parents view him in Part 1, Chapter 27?
5. What part of Pi's life seems painful, as the author is with Pi looking through photo albums in Part 1, Chapter 33?
6. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Pi discusses his teacher, Mr. Kumar. How are they similar and different?
7. In Part1, Chapter 9, Pi discusses what observation about animal behavior?
8. How did Pi get his name?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 51, readers see Pi's persistence pay off as he finds food and water. How did Pi find the food and water?
10. What does the closing sentence of Part 1, Chapter 35 foreshadow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, which one of the animals in the zoo is most like Pi and why?
Essay Topic 2
Which animals in the book are most like people in Pi's life? Use specific examples to explain why you chose various animals and what similar characteristics to their human counterparts they exhibit.
Essay Topic 3
Pi's ordeal involves his faith in God, his faith in himself, and his will to survive. Discuss each of these, using specific examples from the book.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)