Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
2. Which of the following statements is true about Pi's parents' practice of their religion?
3. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
4. What separated Pi from the Tiger on the boat?
5. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 90, how did another man enter the story?
2. Pi started to take on some of the tiger's traits in Part 2, Chapter 77. Why?
3. How did Pi learn to use the ocean to his benefit against the tiger in Part 2, Chapter 59?
4. What is one small detail of Pi's suffering that the author describes in Part 2, Chapter 64?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 94, how did Pi and Richard Parker part ways on the beach in Mexico?
6. How does Pi react to the story of Jesus in Part 1, Chapter 17?
7. What event in Part 2, Chapter 85 seemed to suggest that Pi was impressed and appreciated natural wonders? What was Pi's reaction to the event?
8. Why did Pi find himself distracted & entertained by the underside of the raft in Part 2, Chapter 67?
9. What did Pi really achieve by studying the navigational directions in the survival manual in Part 2, Chapter 65?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 54, Pi worried about what to do with the tiger. Discuss his conclusions.
How do Pi's religious views shape his view of his ordeal?
What is the role of Pi's diary in his ordeal? Is it important? Is it just "filler?" Why?
Pi develops a friendship with the tiger over time, through both taming and training. Explain the process Pi used to tame and train the tiger. Why would a training process be beneficial? Why couldn't Pi simply do this in one day? Why do you think a tiger would want to be trained?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)