|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the hyena killed the zebra, what did the hyena do?
2. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
3. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
4. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
5. What is the omega animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 23, the author discusses the "three wise men." Who are they?
2. The book begins in Part 1, Chapter 1 with many unanswered questions. What are some of these questions?
3. What part of Pi's life seems painful, as the author is with Pi looking through photo albums in Part 1, Chapter 33?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 38, what pivotal event of the book takes place?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 54, Pi worried about what to do with the tiger. Discuss his conclusions.
6. How is the lion in the zoo in Part 1, Chapter 13 an example of the well-defined social order of animals?
7. How did Pi get his name?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 51, readers see Pi's persistence pay off as he finds food and water. How did Pi find the food and water?
9. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Pi discusses his teacher, Mr. Kumar. How are they similar and different?
10. How did Satish Kumar influence Pi's studies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Orange Juice and the hyena in the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of Pi's diary in his ordeal? Is it important? Is it just "filler?" Why?
Essay Topic 3
How do Pi's religious views shape his view of his ordeal?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)