|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 48, Pi explains that the tiger got his name from what source?
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
4. After the hyena killed the zebra, what did the hyena do?
5. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 41, what is noted as having helped Pi stay alive after the shipwreck?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 39, where did Pi end up after being thrown overboard?
3. Who is Ganesha in Chapter Part 1, 15?
4. What part of Pi's life seems painful, as the author is with Pi looking through photo albums in Part 1, Chapter 33?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 54, Pi worried about what to do with the tiger. Discuss his conclusions.
6. How does Part 1, Chapter 21 set the reader up for the remainder of the story?
7. How do Pi's parents view him in Part 1, Chapter 27?
8. In Part 1, Chapter 31, what do Mr. Kumar and Mr. Kumar represent in terms of Pi?
9. How does the female black leopard in Part 1, Chapter 11 try to blend in with her environment after escaping from the Zurich Zoo?
10. How is the zebra like Pi in Part 2, Chapter 46?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the "circle of life and death" is exhibited before the shipwreck in the zoo, and after the shipwreck in the lifeboat.
Essay Topic 2
In the early chapters, there are different descriptions of animal behavior. Choose one, and compare and contrast it to a later animal behavior or event in the book that has the same characteristics.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Orange Juice and the hyena in the story?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)