|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a 'dream rag'?
(a) A map of the sea in the manual.
(b) Pi's cloth that gave him amazing dreams and hallucinations.
(c) A cloth that silenced and pacified the tiger.
(d) The tarp that protected Pi from the tiger.
2. What did the interviewers want to know first?
(a) What food Pi had eaten to survive for the past few months.
(b) Where Pi had learned his survival techniques from.
(c) How the ship sank and what happened to the ship's cargo.
(d) Who the tiger was and where Pi had been the past months.
3. What was Pi careful to maintain with the tiger in his quest to be known by the tiger as the alpha male?
(a) Sufficient sleeping space.
(b) Plentiful food.
(c) Plentiful water.
(d) Eye contact.
4. What was the island made out of, which Pi ate in massive quantity?
5. What did the interviewers feed Pi before he told them his story?
(a) A cookie.
(b) A sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened as starvation began to set in?
2. What did the great storm one afternoon take with it?
3. What did Pi first use to communicate with the tiger after his hope returned?
4. When did Pi start spending more time on the lifeboat?
5. How did Richard Parker react when Pi shouted a greeting to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 81, what did Pi attribute his survival with the tiger to?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 76, the author discusses Pi and the tiger's behavior regarding the tiger's feces. What does their behavior signify?
3. In Part 3, Chapters 96 and 97, Pi told the Japanese officials what about his ordeal?
4. Discuss Pi's training sequence for trespassing with the tiger in Part 2, Chapter 71.
5. What did Pi say about fear in Part 2, Chapter 56?
6. What is the symbolism of the flares in Part 2, Chapter 69?
7. How did Pi learn to use the ocean to his benefit against the tiger in Part 2, Chapter 59?
8. Pi started to take on some of the tiger's traits in Part 2, Chapter 77. Why?
9. What event in Part 2, Chapter 85 seemed to suggest that Pi was impressed and appreciated natural wonders? What was Pi's reaction to the event?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 89, Pi reached his lowest point in the crisis, and did what? What was Richard Parker's state during this time?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)