|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ran out before Pi was done writing in his diary?
(a) The ink in his pens.
(c) His hope.
(d) Room on the page.
2. What was the tiger trying to do with his feces?
(a) Hide them from Pi.
(b) Eat them.
(c) Push them into the water.
(d) Push them onto the raft.
3. What did Pi smell when he was next to the boat?
(a) The smell of his wet blanket.
(b) The smell of the ocean.
(c) The smell of rotting food.
(d) The tiger's urine.
4. What was the island made out of, which Pi ate in massive quantity?
5. What type of storm was Pi struck with the beauty and wonder of?
(a) A monsoon.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A thunder storm.
(d) A lightning storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi find solace in, even though he had to continually reconsider his place in God's universe?
2. What was one method of Pi's escapism?
3. How long had Pi been at sea for when he calculated it?
4. What did he do to provoke the tiger during training?
5. What else did Pi catch besides fish?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pi's daily routine start showing through in Part 2, Chapter 62, a week since the ship sank?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 57, readers have their first encounter with "Prusten." What is it?
3. How did Pi put his crisis in perspective in Part 2, Chapter 60?
4. What event in Part 2, Chapter 85 seemed to suggest that Pi was impressed and appreciated natural wonders? What was Pi's reaction to the event?
5. Why did Pi find himself distracted & entertained by the underside of the raft in Part 2, Chapter 67?
6. How was Pi's sleep effected by his stress in Part 2, Chapter 68?
7. In Part 2, Chapter 79, Pi was entertained by the tiger's behavior with the sharks. Explain.
8. Discuss the encounter with the other ship in Part 2, Chapter 86.
9. Pi started to take on some of the tiger's traits in Part 2, Chapter 77. Why?
10. How did Pi learn to use the ocean to his benefit against the tiger in Part 2, Chapter 59?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)