|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi discover, days after the tiger started rubbing his eyes and meowing?
(a) The tiger's sensitivity.
(b) The tiger's sore leg.
(c) The tiger's blindness.
(d) The tiger's gentleness.
2. What of Pi's disintegrated from the sun and salt?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His food.
(c) His boat.
(d) His raft.
3. After a few days when Pi started exploring the island, what small, furry, carnivorous animal did he find?
4. What did the manual suggest Pi drink as a nutritious drink?
(a) Sea Water.
(b) Tiger urine.
(c) Turtle blood.
(d) Fish guts.
5. What equipment did Pi fish the most with?
(d) His hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the two men dispatched to the town interview Pi for?
2. What did the tiger associate with trespassing to remember to avoid it?
3. When Pi awoke in the middle of the night and saw the huge moonlit sky before him, what did he think about with regards to himself and the rest of the sea?
4. Since Pi had no bait, what did he cut up to fish with in the morning, after his leather shoe was unsuccessful?
5. What did Pi do to exert his dominance over the tiger?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 92, Pi and Richard Parker landed on an island. Why didn't they stay?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 79, Pi was entertained by the tiger's behavior with the sharks. Explain.
3. What did Pi and the tiger encounter in Part 2, Chapter 84 after the great storm?
4. How was Pi's sleep effected by his stress in Part 2, Chapter 68?
5. Discuss Pi's training sequence for trespassing with the tiger in Part 2, Chapter 71.
6. In Part 2, Chapter 94, how did Pi and Richard Parker part ways on the beach in Mexico?
7. In Part 2, Chapter 57, readers have their first encounter with "Prusten." What is it?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 72, Pi created a shell shield out of a turtle shell. Discuss his persistence in maintaining his shield.
9. What did Pi say about fear in Part 2, Chapter 56?
10. What is one small detail of Pi's suffering that the author describes in Part 2, Chapter 64?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)