|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the underside of Pi's raft?
(a) It became an ecosystem full of sea life.
(b) It started breaking apart.
(c) It turned green with algae.
(d) It started rotting.
2. What did Pi do to exert his dominance over the tiger?
(a) Cleaned the fish he caught in front of him.
(b) Conducted his daily routine in front of him.
(c) Handled the tiger's feces in front of him.
(d) Cleaned the boat of the tiger's urine in front of him.
3. What did Pi use a page from his notebook for?
(a) To write a goodbye note to his mother.
(b) To write the dream from the previous night.
(c) To write a last will and testament.
(d) To write a note telling of his plight.
4. What did Pi wish for in his quiet days on the liftboat?
(a) A book.
(b) More food.
(c) To be rescued.
(d) A friend.
5. What else did Pi see a group of, which stayed with him an entire day?
(d) Sea Lions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of storm was Pi struck with the beauty and wonder of?
2. What did Pi smell when he was next to the boat?
3. What did Pi call the tiger's snorting in and out?
4. What did Pi do each time he thought he saw lights in the distance?
5. Where did Pi, Richard Parker, and the lifeboat, finally land?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the "dream rag," first discussed by Pi in Part 2, Chapter 87.
2. The author discusses Pi's maintenance of his religious practices in Part 2, Chapter 74. Discuss Pi's religious reaction to his predicament.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 94, how did Pi and Richard Parker part ways on the beach in Mexico?
4. Pi started to take on some of the tiger's traits in Part 2, Chapter 77. Why?
5. Why did Pi find himself distracted & entertained by the underside of the raft in Part 2, Chapter 67?
6. How did Pi learn to use the ocean to his benefit against the tiger in Part 2, Chapter 59?
7. What is the symbolism of the flares in Part 2, Chapter 69?
8. In Part 3, Chapters 96 and 97, Pi told the Japanese officials what about his ordeal?
9. What did Pi say about fear in Part 2, Chapter 56?
10. How did Pi put his crisis in perspective in Part 2, Chapter 60?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)