|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi bring to the tiger in the morning after they had both had a restless night's sleep?
(a) Two flying fish and a can of beans.
(b) Water in a bucket and two flying fish.
(c) A can of beans and a biscuit.
(d) Two dorado and biscuits.
2. How long did the two men dispatched to the town interview Pi for?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
3. What did Pi and Richard Parker come eye to eye with after the great storm?
(a) A cargo boat.
(b) A shark.
(c) A whale.
(d) Another lifeboat.
4. What was one method of Pi's escapism?
(a) Temporarily dreaming of his childhood home and his family.
(b) Sleeping during the daylight hours, dreaming of his future life on land.
(c) Temporary asphyxiation by putting a cloth over his face.
(d) Temporarily stopping his breathing until he saw pure peace in his mind.
5. What ran out before Pi was done writing in his diary?
(b) His hope.
(c) Room on the page.
(d) The ink in his pens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Richard Parker react when Pi shouted a greeting to him?
2. What were the greatest of contradictions, according to Pi?
3. What did he do to provoke the tiger during training?
4. What did Pi use a page from his notebook for?
5. What was the collection of that Pi's lifeboat came along in the water?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)