|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of storm was Pi struck with the beauty and wonder of?
(a) A thunder storm.
(b) A lightning storm.
(c) A monsoon.
(d) A hurricane.
2. Since Pi had no bait, what did he cut up to fish with in the morning, after his leather shoe was unsuccessful?
(a) Flying fish.
(b) The tiger's droppings.
(c) The British naval manual.
(d) The biscuits.
3. What did the interviewers want to know first?
(a) Where Pi had learned his survival techniques from.
(b) What food Pi had eaten to survive for the past few months.
(c) How the ship sank and what happened to the ship's cargo.
(d) Who the tiger was and where Pi had been the past months.
4. What two things does Pi attribute his survival alongside Richard Parker with?
(a) His ignorance at the true dangers of Richard Parker and luck.
(b) His faith in his religion and his mother's love for him.
(c) Richard Parker's tendency towards seasickness and Pi being the provider of food and water.
(d) The seperate spaces of the raft and the lifeboat.
5. About how much did Pi sleep a night?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Five hours.
(c) An hour.
(d) Seven hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi discover, days after the tiger started rubbing his eyes and meowing?
2. What happened after Pi discovered he was blind?
3. How did Richard Parker react when Pi shouted a greeting to him?
4. What ran out before Pi was done writing in his diary?
5. What did Pi continue to use to communicate with the tiger?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 80, Pi started spending more time on the lifeboat. Why?
2. How did Pi learn to use the ocean to his benefit against the tiger in Part 2, Chapter 59?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 90, how did another man enter the story?
4. How was Pi's sleep effected by his stress in Part 2, Chapter 68?
5. Why did Pi find himself distracted & entertained by the underside of the raft in Part 2, Chapter 67?
6. Pi started to take on some of the tiger's traits in Part 2, Chapter 77. Why?
7. Discuss the "dream rag," first discussed by Pi in Part 2, Chapter 87.
8. Discuss the encounter with the other ship in Part 2, Chapter 86.
9. In Part 2, Chapter 92, Pi and Richard Parker landed on an island. Why didn't they stay?
10. Discuss Pi's training sequence for trespassing with the tiger in Part 2, Chapter 71.
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)