|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi first see in the distance, that he dismissed as a hallucination?
(a) A hammock.
(d) A beach.
2. What did Pi fail to control as time passed on the liferaft?
(a) His fear.
(b) His direction.
(c) His loneliness.
(d) His faith.
3. After spending a nights in the trees, what did the fruit of one tree reveal to Pi?
(a) The island would be his new home.
(b) The island was uninhabitable.
(c) The island was carnivorous.
(d) The island had a plentiful amount of food.
4. What did Pi make the lifeboat more and more into?
(a) A tiger's den.
(b) A home.
(c) A zoo habitat.
(d) A shelter.
5. What else did Pi see a group of, which stayed with him an entire day?
(c) Sea Lions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the tiger like to lean over the edge of the boat and club to death, then eat?
2. Where did Pi, Richard Parker, and the lifeboat, finally land?
3. Once Pi's suffering became intense, what did he do with the greater part of his days?
4. What smell reminded Pi of childhood?
5. What did Pi wish for in his quiet days on the liftboat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the flares in Part 2, Chapter 69?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 90, how did another man enter the story?
3. In Part 3, Chapters 96 and 97, Pi told the Japanese officials what about his ordeal?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 72, Pi created a shell shield out of a turtle shell. Discuss his persistence in maintaining his shield.
5. Discuss Pi's training sequence for trespassing with the tiger in Part 2, Chapter 71.
6. What did Pi and the tiger encounter in Part 2, Chapter 84 after the great storm?
7. In Part 2, Chapter 81, what did Pi attribute his survival with the tiger to?
8. What event in Part 2, Chapter 85 seemed to suggest that Pi was impressed and appreciated natural wonders? What was Pi's reaction to the event?
9. What did Pi say about fear in Part 2, Chapter 56?
10. How did Pi put his crisis in perspective in Part 2, Chapter 60?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)