|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were two big events in Pi's daily routine?
(a) Taking his raft out for a while and feeding the tiger.
(b) Talking with the tiger and fishing.
(c) Eating and drinking water on his raft.
(d) Collecting rainfall and catching turtles.
2. What was the date that Pi's interview with the officials began?
(a) March 24, 1988.
(b) February 19, 1978.
(c) April 17, 1998.
(d) January 12, 1968.
3. What happened after Pi discovered he was blind?
(a) He went into a state of hallucination.
(b) He learned to trust the tiger for his food.
(c) He laid down on the raft, convinced he would die.
(d) His mind cleared and he only saw peace.
4. What did the crouching tiger do when Pi turned to face him after the storm?
(a) Growled at Pi.
(b) Licked his nose and averted his gaze.
(c) Leaned over the boat and clubbed at a fish.
(d) Lunged at Pi, aiming to kill him.
5. What equipment did Pi fish the most with?
(d) His hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi do to keep Richard Parker satisfied?
2. What two things does Pi attribute his survival alongside Richard Parker with?
3. What did Pi first see in the distance, that he dismissed as a hallucination?
4. What did Pi plan to do with the tiger once the tiger expressed friendliness and harmlessness?
5. What was the island made out of, which Pi ate in massive quantity?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)