|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the tiger trying to do with his feces?
(a) Push them onto the raft.
(b) Eat them.
(c) Hide them from Pi.
(d) Push them into the water.
2. What did Pi always feel at the center of?
(a) The circle of the sea.
(b) A huge circle made of sky and ocean.
(c) A circle of despair and hopelessness.
(d) The circle of life.
3. What did Pi share for food with Richard Parker after butchering it?
(a) Turtle meat.
(c) Eel guts.
(d) Shark meat.
4. What was one method of Pi's escapism?
(a) Sleeping during the daylight hours, dreaming of his future life on land.
(b) Temporarily stopping his breathing until he saw pure peace in his mind.
(c) Temporary asphyxiation by putting a cloth over his face.
(d) Temporarily dreaming of his childhood home and his family.
5. What did Pi and Richard Parker come eye to eye with after the great storm?
(a) A cargo boat.
(b) A whale.
(c) A shark.
(d) Another lifeboat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did he do to provoke the tiger during training?
2. What did the manual suggest Pi drink as a nutritious drink?
3. What kind of vessel came close to Pi and the tiger, bringing with it a hope of rescue, and later leaving Pi with a longing feeling and a promise to deliver the tiger to land?
4. What did the interviewers want to know first?
5. What was a 'dream rag'?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the encounter with the other ship in Part 2, Chapter 86.
2. How did Pi put his crisis in perspective in Part 2, Chapter 60?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 72, Pi created a shell shield out of a turtle shell. Discuss his persistence in maintaining his shield.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 89, Pi reached his lowest point in the crisis, and did what? What was Richard Parker's state during this time?
5. Discuss the "dream rag," first discussed by Pi in Part 2, Chapter 87.
6. In Part 2, Chapter 80, Pi started spending more time on the lifeboat. Why?
7. In Part 2, Chapter 79, Pi was entertained by the tiger's behavior with the sharks. Explain.
8. The author discusses Pi's maintenance of his religious practices in Part 2, Chapter 74. Discuss Pi's religious reaction to his predicament.
9. How was Pi's sleep effected by his stress in Part 2, Chapter 68?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 92, Pi and Richard Parker landed on an island. Why didn't they stay?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)