|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the collection of that Pi's lifeboat came along in the water?
(a) Dead fish.
(c) Flying fish.
2. What did Pi recover from the water in the collection of something that came along?
(a) An empty, floating wine bottle.
(b) Drifting wood.
(d) Dead fish.
3. What did the interviewers do after Pi finished telling them what he told them?
(a) Remarked to eachother in Japanese that Pi was not very forthcoming about his experiences.
(b) Remarked to each other in Spanish that Pi was brilliant and his story was sad.
(c) Remarked to each other in Japanese that they found the story interesting and then took a short break.
(d) Talked to each other in Spanish, remarking that Pi had become unstable.
4. What ran out before Pi was done writing in his diary?
(a) Room on the page.
(b) His hope.
(c) The ink in his pens.
5. What did Pi smell when he was next to the boat?
(a) The smell of the ocean.
(b) The smell of his wet blanket.
(c) The tiger's urine.
(d) The smell of rotting food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emerged for Pi through the darkest times?
2. What did Pi use a page from his notebook for?
3. What else did Pi catch besides fish?
4. What were the greatest of contradictions, according to Pi?
5. What was the date that Pi's interview with the officials began?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 92, Pi and Richard Parker landed on an island. Why didn't they stay?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 89, Pi reached his lowest point in the crisis, and did what? What was Richard Parker's state during this time?
3. The author discusses Pi's maintenance of his religious practices in Part 2, Chapter 74. Discuss Pi's religious reaction to his predicament.
4. Why did Pi find himself distracted & entertained by the underside of the raft in Part 2, Chapter 67?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 94, how did Pi and Richard Parker part ways on the beach in Mexico?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 80, Pi started spending more time on the lifeboat. Why?
7. In Part 3, Chapters 96 and 97, Pi told the Japanese officials what about his ordeal?
8. What did Pi really achieve by studying the navigational directions in the survival manual in Part 2, Chapter 65?
9. Discuss the encounter with the other ship in Part 2, Chapter 86.
10. How did Pi learn to use the ocean to his benefit against the tiger in Part 2, Chapter 59?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)