|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi first see in the distance, that he dismissed as a hallucination?
(b) A hammock.
(c) A beach.
2. What did Pi share for food with Richard Parker after butchering it?
(a) Eel guts.
(c) Turtle meat.
(d) Shark meat.
3. How many steps were in Pi's plan to tame the tiger?
4. What did the interviewers feed Pi before he told them his story?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A cookie.
5. What else did Pi see a group of, which stayed with him an entire day?
(d) Sea Lions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Richard Parker's territory?
2. What did the great storm one afternoon take with it?
3. What was one thing Pi was concerned and obsessed about not having enough of?
4. Where did Pi, Richard Parker, and the lifeboat, finally land?
5. When Pi awoke in the middle of the night and saw the huge moonlit sky before him, what did he think about with regards to himself and the rest of the sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Pi and the tiger encounter in Part 2, Chapter 84 after the great storm?
2. Why did Pi find himself distracted & entertained by the underside of the raft in Part 2, Chapter 67?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 72, Pi created a shell shield out of a turtle shell. Discuss his persistence in maintaining his shield.
4. How did Pi learn to use the ocean to his benefit against the tiger in Part 2, Chapter 59?
5. How did Pi's daily routine start showing through in Part 2, Chapter 62, a week since the ship sank?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 79, Pi was entertained by the tiger's behavior with the sharks. Explain.
7. In Part 2, Chapter 94, how did Pi and Richard Parker part ways on the beach in Mexico?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 76, the author discusses Pi and the tiger's behavior regarding the tiger's feces. What does their behavior signify?
9. In Part 3, Chapter 100, the author receives a letter from Japanese officials about their interview with Pi. They remark that they found Pi to have had amazing fortitude to survive his ordeal. Why did they find his ordeal so amazing?
10. What event in Part 2, Chapter 85 seemed to suggest that Pi was impressed and appreciated natural wonders? What was Pi's reaction to the event?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)