|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the interviewers want to know first?
(a) Who the tiger was and where Pi had been the past months.
(b) How the ship sank and what happened to the ship's cargo.
(c) Where Pi had learned his survival techniques from.
(d) What food Pi had eaten to survive for the past few months.
2. What was one thing Pi was concerned and obsessed about not having enough of?
3. What was Pi careful to maintain with the tiger in his quest to be known by the tiger as the alpha male?
(a) Plentiful food.
(b) Sufficient sleeping space.
(c) Eye contact.
(d) Plentiful water.
4. What did Pi spend a lot of time in the manual reading about and studying?
(a) The tide and current.
(b) How to signal that he was alive.
(c) How to make a shelter.
(d) Navigational directions.
5. What did the officials say to the author about the interview with Pi?
(a) It was difficult and memorable.
(b) It was incomplete and unusual.
(c) It was hard but purposeful.
(d) It was amazing and heroic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi and Richard Parker come eye to eye with after the great storm?
2. How many steps were in Pi's plan to tame the tiger?
3. What was the collection of that Pi's lifeboat came along in the water?
4. What was one method of Pi's escapism?
5. What did Pi discover, days after the tiger started rubbing his eyes and meowing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 57, readers have their first encounter with "Prusten." What is it?
2. What did Pi really achieve by studying the navigational directions in the survival manual in Part 2, Chapter 65?
3. Pi started to take on some of the tiger's traits in Part 2, Chapter 77. Why?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 95, who were dispatched to Mexico to meet Pi, and why?
5. What did Pi and the tiger encounter in Part 2, Chapter 84 after the great storm?
6. What event in Part 2, Chapter 85 seemed to suggest that Pi was impressed and appreciated natural wonders? What was Pi's reaction to the event?
7. What is one small detail of Pi's suffering that the author describes in Part 2, Chapter 64?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 94, how did Pi and Richard Parker part ways on the beach in Mexico?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 89, Pi reached his lowest point in the crisis, and did what? What was Richard Parker's state during this time?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 72, Pi created a shell shield out of a turtle shell. Discuss his persistence in maintaining his shield.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)