|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was an act of deference by the tiger to Pi?
(a) Being silent and gentle with Pi.
(b) Hiding his feces.
(c) Not lashing out at Pi.
(d) Growling at Pi.
2. What did Pi first use to communicate with the tiger after his hope returned?
(a) A wooden tube from the boat.
(b) His voice.
(c) A stick from the boat.
(d) A whistle from the locker.
3. When did Pi start spending more time on the lifeboat?
(a) When the tiger did not attack him after the storm.
(b) When the tiger moved to the raft.
(c) When Pi lost his blanket to the sea during the storm.
(d) When the raft was ruined in the storm.
4. What did Pi fail to control as time passed on the liferaft?
(a) His loneliness.
(b) His direction.
(c) His faith.
(d) His fear.
5. What kind of vessel came close to Pi and the tiger, bringing with it a hope of rescue, and later leaving Pi with a longing feeling and a promise to deliver the tiger to land?
(a) A speedboat.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A fishing troller.
(d) A ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the crouching tiger do when Pi turned to face him after the storm?
2. What else did Pi see a group of, which stayed with him an entire day?
3. What did the final report say about Pi's knowledge of the reason the ship sank?
4. What did the interviewers feed Pi before he told them his story?
5. What smell reminded Pi of childhood?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)