|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were two big events in Pi's daily routine?
(a) Talking with the tiger and fishing.
(b) Eating and drinking water on his raft.
(c) Collecting rainfall and catching turtles.
(d) Taking his raft out for a while and feeding the tiger.
2. What did Pi recover from the water in the collection of something that came along?
(a) Dead fish.
(b) An empty, floating wine bottle.
(d) Drifting wood.
3. What did Pi wish for in his quiet days on the liftboat?
(a) More food.
(b) To be rescued.
(c) A book.
(d) A friend.
4. What did Pi call the tiger's snorting in and out?
5. What did Pi continue to use to communicate with the tiger?
(a) Hand gestures.
(b) A stick.
(c) A whistle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi spend a lot of time in the manual reading about and studying?
2. What of Pi's disintegrated from the sun and salt?
3. Whose voice did Pi start to hear after he discovered he was blind?
4. What did Pi manage to salvage after the great storm?
5. What two things does Pi attribute his survival alongside Richard Parker with?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 80, Pi started spending more time on the lifeboat. Why?
2. Why did Pi find himself distracted & entertained by the underside of the raft in Part 2, Chapter 67?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 94, how did Pi and Richard Parker part ways on the beach in Mexico?
4. What did Pi really achieve by studying the navigational directions in the survival manual in Part 2, Chapter 65?
5. How did Pi learn to use the ocean to his benefit against the tiger in Part 2, Chapter 59?
6. Pi started to take on some of the tiger's traits in Part 2, Chapter 77. Why?
7. The author discusses Pi's maintenance of his religious practices in Part 2, Chapter 74. Discuss Pi's religious reaction to his predicament.
8. In Part 2, Chapter 90, how did another man enter the story?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 81, what did Pi attribute his survival with the tiger to?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 57, readers have their first encounter with "Prusten." What is it?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)