|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
(a) His father told them not to try and pet a tiger.
(b) His father told them none of the animals could be touched.
(c) They watched a tiger eat a goat.
(d) His father showed them how quickly animals could kill them.
2. What made Pi re-evaluate his position in the lifeboat?
(a) He imagined that he saw his mother.
(b) He thought he saw an island on the horizon.
(c) He saw the tiger in the boat.
(d) He thought he saw a rescue boat.
3. After the hyena killed the zebra, what did the hyena do?
(a) Killed Orange Juice.
(b) Tried to kill Pi.
(c) Went to sleep.
(d) Jumped overboard.
4. How did Pi spend his second night on the lifeboat?
(b) Swimming and sleeping.
(c) Walking about the boat.
(d) Crying with grief about his family.
5. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
(a) They would like to return to the wild.
(b) They were fearful of the other animals in the zoo.
(c) They were happy living in the zoo.
(d) They were not happy living in the zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the reaction of Pi's parents to Pi's explorations and practices of various religions?
2. What did Pi not find after looking around on the boat?
3. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
4. What religion is Pi?
5. When the hyena began to act strangely, what did Pi do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Pi discusses his teacher, Mr. Kumar. How are they similar and different?
2. How did Pi get his name?
3. What did Pi and Richard Parker kill and eat in Part 2, Chapter 53? What is it's symbolism?
4. How does the female black leopard in Part 1, Chapter 11 try to blend in with her environment after escaping from the Zurich Zoo?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 39, where did Pi end up after being thrown overboard?
6. How does the tiger get his human name in Part 2, Chapter 48? How is he like Pi?
7. How is the zebra like Pi in Part 2, Chapter 46?
8. Who is Ganesha in Chapter Part 1, 15?
9. How does Part 1, Chapter 21 set the reader up for the remainder of the story?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 43, what did Pi believe is off the lifeboat, as he convinced himself he only had to survive a few hours in the lifeboat before search and rescue teams arrive by ship?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)