|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pi took inventory of what on the boat?
(a) A metal cupboard.
(b) A cage.
(c) A wooden trunk.
(d) The locker.
2. What separated Pi from the Tiger on the boat?
(a) A wall.
(b) A table.
(c) A tarp.
(d) A floor.
3. Who is Mamji?
(a) A person who used to be a competitive swimmer.
(b) A person who studied in England for two years.
(c) A person who worked for Pi's father at the zoo.
(d) A respectful, affectionate term for an older person.
4. The main character grew up in what country?
(c) United States.
5. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
(a) A friend.
(b) A rat.
(c) Richard Parker.
(d) A voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
2. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
3. When the hyena began to act strangely, what did Pi do?
4. According to the author, which of the following was a reason why Pi decided to get back into the lifeboat?
5. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
Short Essay Questions
1. The book begins in Part 1, Chapter 1 with many unanswered questions. What are some of these questions?
2. How is the zebra like Pi in Part 2, Chapter 46?
3. In Part1, Chapter 9, Pi discusses what observation about animal behavior?
4. How does the tiger get his human name in Part 2, Chapter 48? How is he like Pi?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 43, what did Pi believe is off the lifeboat, as he convinced himself he only had to survive a few hours in the lifeboat before search and rescue teams arrive by ship?
6. How does Pi react to the story of Jesus in Part 1, Chapter 17?
7. How do Pi's parents view him in Part 1, Chapter 27?
8. How does the female black leopard in Part 1, Chapter 11 try to blend in with her environment after escaping from the Zurich Zoo?
9. The zebra and Orange Juice are killed in Part 2, Chapter 47, and symbolize what?
10. In Part 1, Chapter 25, why did Pi not feel as though he fit in anywhere?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)