|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
(a) Pi's daughter.
(b) Pi's son.
(c) Pi's cat.
(d) Pi's wife.
2. On the first day, what animals did Pi think were on the lifeboat?
(a) Two hyenas, a zebra, and a dog.
(b) A zebra, an orangutan, a dog, and a hyena.
(c) A hyena, a zebra, an orangutan, and a monkey.
(d) A hyena, a zebra, and an orangutan.
3. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
(a) A cat living with a lion.
(b) A mouse living with a viper.
(c) Monkeys living with a zebra.
(d) Sheep living with a rhino.
4. When Pi got back into the lifeboat in Part 2, who did he see look out from under the tarp?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The monkey.
(c) The zebra.
(d) The hyena.
5. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
(a) His father told them not to try and pet a tiger.
(b) His father showed them how quickly animals could kill them.
(c) They watched a tiger eat a goat.
(d) His father told them none of the animals could be touched.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened after the meeting of Pi's parents and his religious teachers?
2. What was under the tarp on the boat?
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
4. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
5. The main character grew up in what country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ganesha in Chapter Part 1, 15?
2. How does Part 1, Chapter 21 set the reader up for the remainder of the story?
3. What part of Pi's life seems painful, as the author is with Pi looking through photo albums in Part 1, Chapter 33?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 25, why did Pi not feel as though he fit in anywhere?
5. How is the zebra like Pi in Part 2, Chapter 46?
6. In Part 1, Chapter 31, what do Mr. Kumar and Mr. Kumar represent in terms of Pi?
7. How is the lion in the zoo in Part 1, Chapter 13 an example of the well-defined social order of animals?
8. How does the female black leopard in Part 1, Chapter 11 try to blend in with her environment after escaping from the Zurich Zoo?
9. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Pi discusses his teacher, Mr. Kumar. How are they similar and different?
10. How did Satish Kumar influence Pi's studies?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)