|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pi got back into the lifeboat in Part 2, who did he see look out from under the tarp?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The hyena.
(c) The monkey.
(d) The zebra.
2. Pi took inventory of what on the boat?
(a) The locker.
(b) A metal cupboard.
(c) A wooden trunk.
(d) A cage.
3. What was the main character named after?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) A famous landmark.
(d) A swimming pool.
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
(a) He used it in the mosque.
(b) He used it outside.
(c) It reminded him of the sacredness of the earth.
(d) He lost it.
5. Which of the following statements is true about Pi's parents' practice of their religion?
(a) Pi's parents were not very religious.
(b) Pi's parents practiced their Hindu religion faithfully all the time.
(c) Pi's father was raised as a Hindu, but had been schooled as a Baptist.
(d) Pi's mother had a Hindu upbringing, but had been schooled as a Presbyterian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
2. What did Richard Parker kill while Pi was building the raft?
3. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
4. What happened at the meeting with Pi's parents and his three religious teachers?
5. Who is Antieji?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 41, what is noted as having helped Pi stay alive after the shipwreck?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 50, Pi says, "How true it is that necessity is the mother of invention, how very true." What does this quote reference?
3. How is the lion in the zoo in Part 1, Chapter 13 an example of the well-defined social order of animals?
4. How is the zebra like Pi in Part 2, Chapter 46?
5. How do Pi's parents view him in Part 1, Chapter 27?
6. In Part 1, Chapter 39, where did Pi end up after being thrown overboard?
7. How did Satish Kumar influence Pi's studies?
8. In Part 1, Chapter 31, what do Mr. Kumar and Mr. Kumar represent in terms of Pi?
9. In Part 1, Chapter 25, why did Pi not feel as though he fit in anywhere?
10. What did Pi and Richard Parker kill and eat in Part 2, Chapter 53? What is it's symbolism?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)