|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
2. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
3. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
(a) Keep him around for protection.
(b) Kill him and bury him on land.
(c) Get rid of him and have the lifeboat to himself.
(d) Kill him and cast him off onto the raft, adrift in the sea.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
(a) An English restaurant.
(b) A Mexican restaurant.
(c) A Mexican hospital.
(d) A Canadian hospital.
5. What did Pi say at the meeting of his parents and his religious teachers?
(a) He would think about they said.
(b) The religions were similar.
(c) He wanted to study more about the religions.
(d) He just wanted to love God.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
2. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
3. Why did Pi throw himself out of the lifeboat?
4. Why does Pi think that the hyena did not attack him?
5. How important is religion to Pi?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 79, Pi was entertained by the tiger's behavior with the sharks. Explain.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 94, how did Pi and Richard Parker part ways on the beach in Mexico?
3. In Part 3, Chapters 96 and 97, Pi told the Japanese officials what about his ordeal?
4. What did Pi really achieve by studying the navigational directions in the survival manual in Part 2, Chapter 65?
5. In Part1, Chapter 9, Pi discusses what observation about animal behavior?
6. How does the female black leopard in Part 1, Chapter 11 try to blend in with her environment after escaping from the Zurich Zoo?
7. What did Pi and the tiger encounter in Part 2, Chapter 84 after the great storm?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 92, Pi and Richard Parker landed on an island. Why didn't they stay?
9. How did Pi learn to use the ocean to his benefit against the tiger in Part 2, Chapter 59?
10. In Part 1, Chapter 39, where did Pi end up after being thrown overboard?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)