|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main character named after?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) His father.
(c) A famous landmark.
(d) His grandfather.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
(a) Pi's wife.
(b) Pi's daughter.
(c) Pi's cat.
(d) Pi's son.
3. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
4. As Pi was losing hope, his courage rose and what did he no longer fear?
(a) Going hungry.
(b) The tiger.
(c) Sleeping in the boat.
(d) The hyena.
5. How did Pi spend his second night on the lifeboat?
(a) Walking about the boat.
(b) Crying with grief about his family.
(c) Swimming and sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
2. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
3. How large was the boat?
4. Pi was becoming hopeless after the zebra was killed, so he decided to do what?
5. The main character grew up in what country?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the female black leopard in Part 1, Chapter 11 try to blend in with her environment after escaping from the Zurich Zoo?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 38, what pivotal event of the book takes place?
3. What part of Pi's life seems painful, as the author is with Pi looking through photo albums in Part 1, Chapter 33?
4. Who is Ganesha in Chapter Part 1, 15?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 23, the author discusses the "three wise men." Who are they?
6. What does the closing sentence of Part 1, Chapter 35 foreshadow?
7. In Part 1, Chapter 39, where did Pi end up after being thrown overboard?
8. What did Pi and Richard Parker kill and eat in Part 2, Chapter 53? What is it's symbolism?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 51, readers see Pi's persistence pay off as he finds food and water. How did Pi find the food and water?
10. The book begins in Part 1, Chapter 1 with many unanswered questions. What are some of these questions?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)