|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the great storm one afternoon take with it?
(a) The collected rainwater.
(b) Pi's little raft.
(c) The tarp.
(d) The tiger.
2. Since Pi had no bait, what did he cut up to fish with in the morning, after his leather shoe was unsuccessful?
(a) The tiger's droppings.
(b) The British naval manual.
(c) Flying fish.
(d) The biscuits.
3. What did Pi call the tiger's snorting in and out?
4. What did the interviewers want to know first?
(a) Where Pi had learned his survival techniques from.
(b) Who the tiger was and where Pi had been the past months.
(c) How the ship sank and what happened to the ship's cargo.
(d) What food Pi had eaten to survive for the past few months.
5. What happened as starvation began to set in?
(a) Pi spent all day rocking back and forth on the raft.
(b) Pi thought about killing and eating the tiger.
(c) Pi's body began to break down and standing was difficult.
(d) Pi gave up the will to survive.
6. What did Pi find solace in, even though he had to continually reconsider his place in God's universe?
(a) His religious memories.
(b) His own thoughts.
(c) His religious expressions.
7. What else did Pi see a group of, which stayed with him an entire day?
(d) Sea Lions.
8. What did Pi finally realize after reading the manual written by a British Royal Navy commander?
(a) The ocean was going to become more fierce in future storms.
(b) He was responsible for his own survival now.
(c) The tiger would not kill him.
(d) The British had a keen sense on shipwrecks.
9. After a few days when Pi started exploring the island, what small, furry, carnivorous animal did he find?
10. What did the tiger associate with trespassing to remember to avoid it?
(a) Nausea and exhaustion.
(b) Nausea and blowing the whistle.
(c) A rocking boat and fish.
(d) Fish and the whistle.
11. What were two big events in Pi's daily routine?
(a) Taking his raft out for a while and feeding the tiger.
(b) Eating and drinking water on his raft.
(c) Collecting rainfall and catching turtles.
(d) Talking with the tiger and fishing.
12. How many steps were in Pi's plan to tame the tiger?
13. What was the tiger trying to do with his feces?
(a) Hide them from Pi.
(b) Eat them.
(c) Push them onto the raft.
(d) Push them into the water.
14. Whose voice did Pi start to hear after he discovered he was blind?
(a) His mother's.
(b) The tiger's.
(c) A man's.
(d) His brother's.
15. What did the crouching tiger do when Pi turned to face him after the storm?
(a) Lunged at Pi, aiming to kill him.
(b) Growled at Pi.
(c) Licked his nose and averted his gaze.
(d) Leaned over the boat and clubbed at a fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emerged for Pi through the darkest times?
2. After spending a nights in the trees, what did the fruit of one tree reveal to Pi?
3. What did the final report say about Pi's knowledge of the reason the ship sank?
4. What did Pi tell to the interviewers?
5. What did Pi recover from the water in the collection of something that came along?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)