|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the manual suggest Pi drink as a nutritious drink?
(a) Turtle blood.
(b) Sea Water.
(c) Fish guts.
(d) Tiger urine.
2. What did Pi spend a lot of time in the manual reading about and studying?
(a) Navigational directions.
(b) How to signal that he was alive.
(c) How to make a shelter.
(d) The tide and current.
3. Where were the two men from who were dispatched to the town where Pi recovered in an effort to interview him?
(b) United States.
4. What did Pi recover from the water in the collection of something that came along?
(b) An empty, floating wine bottle.
(c) Drifting wood.
(d) Dead fish.
5. What did Pi tell the interviewers after they gave their impressions of Pi's story?
(a) A story without animals and with four lifeboats and three surviving shipmates.
(b) A horribly gory tale about the shipwreck and his survival that didn't involve animals.
(c) That he didn't believe he was a hero or amazing, just that he was lucky.
(d) That it didn't matter, he just wanted to go home.
6. How long did the two men dispatched to the town interview Pi for?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 hours.
7. What ran out before Pi was done writing in his diary?
(b) The ink in his pens.
(c) Room on the page.
(d) His hope.
8. What did the crouching tiger do when Pi turned to face him after the storm?
(a) Leaned over the boat and clubbed at a fish.
(b) Licked his nose and averted his gaze.
(c) Growled at Pi.
(d) Lunged at Pi, aiming to kill him.
9. When did Pi start spending more time on the lifeboat?
(a) When the tiger did not attack him after the storm.
(b) When the tiger moved to the raft.
(c) When the raft was ruined in the storm.
(d) When Pi lost his blanket to the sea during the storm.
10. What did Pi plan to do with the tiger once the tiger expressed friendliness and harmlessness?
(a) Tame him.
(b) Leave him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Train him.
11. What did Pi make the lifeboat more and more into?
(a) A shelter.
(b) A tiger's den.
(c) A home.
(d) A zoo habitat.
12. What did Pi use a page from his notebook for?
(a) To write the dream from the previous night.
(b) To write a goodbye note to his mother.
(c) To write a last will and testament.
(d) To write a note telling of his plight.
13. What of Pi's disintegrated from the sun and salt?
(a) His food.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His boat.
(d) His raft.
14. What did the officials say to the author about the interview with Pi?
(a) It was difficult and memorable.
(b) It was hard but purposeful.
(c) It was amazing and heroic.
(d) It was incomplete and unusual.
15. What did Pi bring to the tiger in the morning after they had both had a restless night's sleep?
(a) A can of beans and a biscuit.
(b) Water in a bucket and two flying fish.
(c) Two flying fish and a can of beans.
(d) Two dorado and biscuits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi do to modify the raft?
2. What did Pi and Richard Parker come eye to eye with after the great storm?
3. What did Pi continue to use to communicate with the tiger?
4. What did he do to provoke the tiger during training?
5. What was the collection of that Pi's lifeboat came along in the water?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)