|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the interviewers want to know first?
(a) Where Pi had learned his survival techniques from.
(b) Who the tiger was and where Pi had been the past months.
(c) What food Pi had eaten to survive for the past few months.
(d) How the ship sank and what happened to the ship's cargo.
2. Where were the two men from who were dispatched to the town where Pi recovered in an effort to interview him?
(a) United States.
3. What did Pi fail to control as time passed on the liferaft?
(a) His faith.
(b) His direction.
(c) His loneliness.
(d) His fear.
4. What did Pi manage to salvage after the great storm?
(a) His fishing pole.
(b) His tarp.
(c) His raft.
(d) One whistle.
5. What was one thing Pi was concerned and obsessed about not having enough of?
6. What was one method of Pi's escapism?
(a) Temporarily stopping his breathing until he saw pure peace in his mind.
(b) Sleeping during the daylight hours, dreaming of his future life on land.
(c) Temporary asphyxiation by putting a cloth over his face.
(d) Temporarily dreaming of his childhood home and his family.
7. What sea creatures were around the boat most of the time?
8. How many steps were in Pi's plan to tame the tiger?
9. What did the tiger like to lean over the edge of the boat and club to death, then eat?
10. What did Pi start to follow after his food supplies run low?
(a) The recommended daily intake in the survival guide.
(b) His normal routine.
(c) His faith, knowing he can catch more fish.
(d) The tiger, to where the tiger has sequestered fish.
11. What did Pi spend a lot of time in the manual reading about and studying?
(a) The tide and current.
(b) How to make a shelter.
(c) How to signal that he was alive.
(d) Navigational directions.
12. What was the date that Pi's interview with the officials began?
(a) February 19, 1978.
(b) January 12, 1968.
(c) April 17, 1998.
(d) March 24, 1988.
13. What did Pi continue to use to communicate with the tiger?
(a) Hand gestures.
(c) A whistle.
(d) A stick.
14. What else did Pi see a group of, which stayed with him an entire day?
(b) Sea Lions.
15. Where was Richard Parker's territory?
(a) Under the tarp and the rest of the lifeboat.
(b) The lifeboat and the raft.
(c) Under the tarp and in the blackness beneath.
(d) Under the tarp and the raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pi, Richard Parker, and the lifeboat, finally land?
2. What did Pi make the lifeboat more and more into?
3. What did the interviewers tell Pi they thought about his story?
4. What did Pi and Richard Parker come eye to eye with after the great storm?
5. What were the greatest of contradictions, according to Pi?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)