|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emerged for Pi through the darkest times?
(a) His hope.
(b) His faith.
(c) His despair.
(d) His love for his mother.
2. What was the collection of that Pi's lifeboat came along in the water?
(b) Flying fish.
(c) Dead fish.
3. What did Pi discover, days after the tiger started rubbing his eyes and meowing?
(a) The tiger's blindness.
(b) The tiger's sore leg.
(c) The tiger's sensitivity.
(d) The tiger's gentleness.
4. After spending a nights in the trees, what did the fruit of one tree reveal to Pi?
(a) The island was carnivorous.
(b) The island had a plentiful amount of food.
(c) The island was uninhabitable.
(d) The island would be his new home.
5. What did Pi and Richard Parker come eye to eye with after the great storm?
(a) Another lifeboat.
(b) A cargo boat.
(c) A whale.
(d) A shark.
6. What did Pi spend a lot of time in the manual reading about and studying?
(a) How to signal that he was alive.
(b) How to make a shelter.
(c) The tide and current.
(d) Navigational directions.
7. What did the tiger do when he and Pi landed on the shore of the small island?
(a) Saw a moving animal and raced after it, hunting it down and tearing it apart for food.
(b) Stayed on the boat, skeptical of the island.
(c) Leapt from the boat and disappeared over a ridge.
(d) Stayed close to Pi, now trained and secure in his presence.
8. What did Pi do each time he thought he saw lights in the distance?
(b) Set off a flare.
(c) Cried in happiness, then in pain, when the lights didn't come closer.
(d) Directed a broken mirror piece at the lights.
9. What did Pi start to follow after his food supplies run low?
(a) His normal routine.
(b) The tiger, to where the tiger has sequestered fish.
(c) The recommended daily intake in the survival guide.
(d) His faith, knowing he can catch more fish.
10. How long did the two men dispatched to the town interview Pi for?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 3 days.
11. Why did Pi give generously to the tiger at the cost of his own hunger and thirst?
(a) If the tiger became desperate for food, Pi knew his life would end quickly.
(b) If he didn't give generously to the tiger, Pi would not be fulfilling his religious needs.
(c) If the tiger got mad at Pi, he would lunge and kill Pi.
(d) Pi believed in sharing with the tiger for mutual survival.
12. How did Richard Parker react when Pi shouted a greeting to him?
(a) Came closer to Pi to see what Pi wanted.
(b) Growled and roared.
(c) Turned away from Pi, silent.
(d) Responded with the same sounds as before.
13. What did the tiger like to lean over the edge of the boat and club to death, then eat?
14. What did a British Royal Navy commander write that Pi took the time to read?
(a) A manual on how to hunt and fish after being shipwrecked,
(b) A manual about the ocean tides and currents.
(c) A manual on British flora and fauna,
(d) A survival manual with practical advice on how to survive a shipwreck.
15. What were the greatest of contradictions, according to Pi?
(a) The sea and the sky.
(b) Faith and hopelessness.
(c) Darkness of the night and the daylight.
(d) Boredom and terror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi share for food with Richard Parker after butchering it?
2. What did the manual suggest Pi drink as a nutritious drink?
3. What did Pi plan to do with the tiger once the tiger expressed friendliness and harmlessness?
4. What of Pi's disintegrated from the sun and salt?
5. What did Pi make the lifeboat more and more into?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)