|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After spending a nights in the trees, what did the fruit of one tree reveal to Pi?
(a) The island would be his new home.
(b) The island had a plentiful amount of food.
(c) The island was carnivorous.
(d) The island was uninhabitable.
2. What smell reminded Pi of childhood?
(a) The smell of the tiger.
(b) The smell of the flares.
(c) The smell of the fish.
(d) The smell of the sea.
3. What was the date that Pi's interview with the officials began?
(a) January 12, 1968.
(b) April 17, 1998.
(c) February 19, 1978.
(d) March 24, 1988.
4. What else did Pi catch besides fish?
5. What did Pi manage to salvage after the great storm?
(a) His raft.
(b) His fishing pole.
(c) One whistle.
(d) His tarp.
6. What was a 'dream rag'?
(a) The tarp that protected Pi from the tiger.
(b) Pi's cloth that gave him amazing dreams and hallucinations.
(c) A cloth that silenced and pacified the tiger.
(d) A map of the sea in the manual.
7. How long did the two men dispatched to the town interview Pi for?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 days.
8. How many steps were in Pi's plan to tame the tiger?
9. Whose voice did Pi start to hear after he discovered he was blind?
(a) His mother's.
(b) His brother's.
(c) The tiger's.
(d) A man's.
10. What did Pi find solace in, even though he had to continually reconsider his place in God's universe?
(a) His religious expressions.
(b) His religious memories.
(d) His own thoughts.
11. About how much did Pi sleep a night?
(a) An hour.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Seven hours.
(d) Five hours.
12. What equipment did Pi fish the most with?
(d) His hands.
13. What was the island made out of, which Pi ate in massive quantity?
14. What kind of vessel came close to Pi and the tiger, bringing with it a hope of rescue, and later leaving Pi with a longing feeling and a promise to deliver the tiger to land?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A ship.
(c) A speedboat.
(d) A fishing troller.
15. What did the interviewers want to know first?
(a) Where Pi had learned his survival techniques from.
(b) Who the tiger was and where Pi had been the past months.
(c) What food Pi had eaten to survive for the past few months.
(d) How the ship sank and what happened to the ship's cargo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi bring to the tiger in the morning after they had both had a restless night's sleep?
2. What sea creatures were around the boat most of the time?
3. What did he do to provoke the tiger during training?
4. Where were the two men from who were dispatched to the town where Pi recovered in an effort to interview him?
5. What did the interviewers feed Pi before he told them his story?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)