|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pi, Richard Parker, and the lifeboat, finally land?
2. Where was Richard Parker's territory?
(a) Under the tarp and in the blackness beneath.
(b) The lifeboat and the raft.
(c) Under the tarp and the raft.
(d) Under the tarp and the rest of the lifeboat.
3. What ran out before Pi was done writing in his diary?
(a) The ink in his pens.
(b) His hope.
(d) Room on the page.
4. What was one method of Pi's escapism?
(a) Temporarily stopping his breathing until he saw pure peace in his mind.
(b) Temporarily dreaming of his childhood home and his family.
(c) Temporary asphyxiation by putting a cloth over his face.
(d) Sleeping during the daylight hours, dreaming of his future life on land.
5. Where were the two men from who were dispatched to the town where Pi recovered in an effort to interview him?
(b) United States.
6. What did Pi plan to do with the tiger once the tiger expressed friendliness and harmlessness?
(a) Train him.
(b) Tame him.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Kill him.
7. What did Pi tell to the interviewers?
(a) His religious philosophies.
(b) His story.
(c) Nothing. He is too exhausted to say anything.
(d) That he won't say anything more until he goes home.
8. On whose estimated birthday did Pi sing "Happy Birthday"?
(a) The tiger's.
(b) His brother's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His mother's.
9. What happened to the underside of Pi's raft?
(a) It turned green with algae.
(b) It started rotting.
(c) It started breaking apart.
(d) It became an ecosystem full of sea life.
10. How long did the two men dispatched to the town interview Pi for?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 3 hours.
11. What sea creatures were around the boat most of the time?
12. What did a British Royal Navy commander write that Pi took the time to read?
(a) A manual on British flora and fauna,
(b) A manual on how to hunt and fish after being shipwrecked,
(c) A manual about the ocean tides and currents.
(d) A survival manual with practical advice on how to survive a shipwreck.
13. What was an act of deference by the tiger to Pi?
(a) Not lashing out at Pi.
(b) Being silent and gentle with Pi.
(c) Growling at Pi.
(d) Hiding his feces.
14. About how much did Pi sleep a night?
(a) Seven hours.
(b) An hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Five hours.
15. What did the crouching tiger do when Pi turned to face him after the storm?
(a) Licked his nose and averted his gaze.
(b) Leaned over the boat and clubbed at a fish.
(c) Lunged at Pi, aiming to kill him.
(d) Growled at Pi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Pi's suffering became intense, what did he do with the greater part of his days?
2. What was Pi careful to maintain with the tiger in his quest to be known by the tiger as the alpha male?
3. What did Pi discover, days after the tiger started rubbing his eyes and meowing?
4. What happened after Pi discovered he was blind?
5. What did Pi find when he boarded the other man's boat to scavenge for food?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)