|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Pi was nearly starving, what did a storm of flying fish bring onto the boat?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A large dorado.
(c) A shark.
(d) The raft.
2. How long did the two men dispatched to the town interview Pi for?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 hours.
3. About how much did Pi sleep a night?
(a) Three hours.
(b) An hour.
(c) Seven hours.
(d) Five hours.
4. What did Pi call the tiger's snorting in and out?
5. What did Pi have a hard time butchering?
6. What happened after Pi discovered he was blind?
(a) He went into a state of hallucination.
(b) His mind cleared and he only saw peace.
(c) He laid down on the raft, convinced he would die.
(d) He learned to trust the tiger for his food.
7. What did Pi wish for in his quiet days on the liftboat?
(a) To be rescued.
(b) More food.
(c) A friend.
(d) A book.
8. What did Pi first use to communicate with the tiger after his hope returned?
(a) A whistle from the locker.
(b) A wooden tube from the boat.
(c) A stick from the boat.
(d) His voice.
9. On whose estimated birthday did Pi sing "Happy Birthday"?
(a) The tiger's.
(b) His brother's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His father's.
10. What was Pi careful to maintain with the tiger in his quest to be known by the tiger as the alpha male?
(a) Plentiful water.
(b) Eye contact.
(c) Plentiful food.
(d) Sufficient sleeping space.
11. What kind of vessel came close to Pi and the tiger, bringing with it a hope of rescue, and later leaving Pi with a longing feeling and a promise to deliver the tiger to land?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A ship.
(c) A speedboat.
(d) A fishing troller.
12. What was the island made out of, which Pi ate in massive quantity?
13. What did the final report say about Pi's knowledge of the reason the ship sank?
(a) Pi knew why the ship had sank but would never divulge the secret.
(b) Pi had no real knowledge but was sure it had been because of bad luck.
(c) Pi knew that the ship had sank because he had been the one to sink it.
(d) Pi had no conclusive knowledge.
14. What did Pi and Richard Parker come eye to eye with after the great storm?
(a) A shark.
(b) A whale.
(c) Another lifeboat.
(d) A cargo boat.
15. What was one method of Pi's escapism?
(a) Temporary asphyxiation by putting a cloth over his face.
(b) Temporarily stopping his breathing until he saw pure peace in his mind.
(c) Temporarily dreaming of his childhood home and his family.
(d) Sleeping during the daylight hours, dreaming of his future life on land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi bring to the tiger in the morning after they had both had a restless night's sleep?
2. What did Pi do to modify the raft?
3. Whose voice did Pi start to hear after he discovered he was blind?
4. What ran out before Pi was done writing in his diary?
5. What did Pi use, lose, and re-create, to protect himself while training the tiger?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)