|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a few days when Pi started exploring the island, what small, furry, carnivorous animal did he find?
2. What did Pi have a hard time butchering?
3. What did the tiger do when he and Pi landed on the shore of the small island?
(a) Stayed on the boat, skeptical of the island.
(b) Stayed close to Pi, now trained and secure in his presence.
(c) Leapt from the boat and disappeared over a ridge.
(d) Saw a moving animal and raced after it, hunting it down and tearing it apart for food.
4. What did Pi do to exert his dominance over the tiger?
(a) Cleaned the boat of the tiger's urine in front of him.
(b) Cleaned the fish he caught in front of him.
(c) Handled the tiger's feces in front of him.
(d) Conducted his daily routine in front of him.
5. What did Pi use, lose, and re-create, to protect himself while training the tiger?
(a) A shield made of the locker door.
(b) A turtle shell shield.
(c) A shield made of part of the raft.
(d) A shield made of wood from the benches in the boat.
6. Where did Pi, Richard Parker, and the lifeboat, finally land?
7. How did Richard Parker react when Pi shouted a greeting to him?
(a) Turned away from Pi, silent.
(b) Growled and roared.
(c) Responded with the same sounds as before.
(d) Came closer to Pi to see what Pi wanted.
8. What did the tiger associate with trespassing to remember to avoid it?
(a) Fish and the whistle.
(b) A rocking boat and fish.
(c) Nausea and exhaustion.
(d) Nausea and blowing the whistle.
9. About how much did Pi sleep a night?
(a) Seven hours.
(b) An hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Five hours.
10. What was the island made out of, which Pi ate in massive quantity?
11. What did Pi first use to communicate with the tiger after his hope returned?
(a) A whistle from the locker.
(b) A wooden tube from the boat.
(c) His voice.
(d) A stick from the boat.
12. What did Pi manage to salvage after the great storm?
(a) One whistle.
(b) His fishing pole.
(c) His tarp.
(d) His raft.
13. What sea creatures were around the boat most of the time?
14. What did Pi bring to the tiger in the morning after they had both had a restless night's sleep?
(a) Two flying fish and a can of beans.
(b) Water in a bucket and two flying fish.
(c) A can of beans and a biscuit.
(d) Two dorado and biscuits.
15. Whose voice did Pi start to hear after he discovered he was blind?
(a) The tiger's.
(b) A man's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi find when he boarded the other man's boat to scavenge for food?
2. What did Pi first see in the distance, that he dismissed as a hallucination?
3. What was an act of deference by the tiger to Pi?
4. What did Pi recover from the water in the collection of something that came along?
5. What did Pi finally realize after reading the manual written by a British Royal Navy commander?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)