|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi first use to communicate with the tiger after his hope returned?
(a) His voice.
(b) A whistle from the locker.
(c) A wooden tube from the boat.
(d) A stick from the boat.
2. What did Pi tell to the interviewers?
(a) His religious philosophies.
(b) That he won't say anything more until he goes home.
(c) Nothing. He is too exhausted to say anything.
(d) His story.
3. What equipment did Pi fish the most with?
(b) His hands.
4. What did the tiger like to lean over the edge of the boat and club to death, then eat?
5. What did Pi recover from the water in the collection of something that came along?
(a) An empty, floating wine bottle.
(b) Drifting wood.
(c) Dead fish.
6. When did Pi start spending more time on the lifeboat?
(a) When the tiger moved to the raft.
(b) When the raft was ruined in the storm.
(c) When the tiger did not attack him after the storm.
(d) When Pi lost his blanket to the sea during the storm.
7. What did Pi use a page from his notebook for?
(a) To write a goodbye note to his mother.
(b) To write a note telling of his plight.
(c) To write a last will and testament.
(d) To write the dream from the previous night.
8. After Pi was nearly starving, what did a storm of flying fish bring onto the boat?
(a) The raft.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A shark.
(d) A large dorado.
9. When Pi awoke in the middle of the night and saw the huge moonlit sky before him, what did he think about with regards to himself and the rest of the sea?
(a) How small he is and how vast the sea and the sky are.
(b) How there was no chance of ever surviving in such a vast sea.
(c) How starless the sky was, and how empty his heart felt.
(d) How lonely the moon looked, and how lonely his heart was.
10. What smell reminded Pi of childhood?
(a) The smell of the fish.
(b) The smell of the tiger.
(c) The smell of the flares.
(d) The smell of the sea.
11. What type of storm was Pi struck with the beauty and wonder of?
(a) A thunder storm.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A lightning storm.
(d) A monsoon.
12. What were two big events in Pi's daily routine?
(a) Talking with the tiger and fishing.
(b) Collecting rainfall and catching turtles.
(c) Taking his raft out for a while and feeding the tiger.
(d) Eating and drinking water on his raft.
13. What did the interviewers feed Pi before he told them his story?
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A cookie.
14. How many steps were in Pi's plan to tame the tiger?
15. What of Pi's disintegrated from the sun and salt?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His raft.
(c) His boat.
(d) His food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else did Pi see a group of, which stayed with him an entire day?
2. What did Pi do to keep Richard Parker satisfied?
3. What did the tiger do when he and Pi landed on the shore of the small island?
4. What did Pi bring to the tiger in the morning after they had both had a restless night's sleep?
5. What did he do to provoke the tiger during training?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)