|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 95 | Part 3 Chapter 96 | Part 3 Chapter 97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi do the first day in the life boat?
(a) He helped the animals on board.
(b) He kept alert looking for survivors and rescue teams.
(c) He explored the life boat.
(d) He made himself secure.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
(a) Pi's cat.
(b) Pi's wife.
(c) Pi's son.
(d) Pi's daughter.
3. What were the greatest of contradictions, according to Pi?
(a) The sea and the sky.
(b) Faith and hopelessness.
(c) Darkness of the night and the daylight.
(d) Boredom and terror.
4. What was the collection of that Pi's lifeboat came along in the water?
(b) Flying fish.
(d) Dead fish.
5. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
(a) The trainer must show the lion he is physically stronger.
(b) Only female lions are used in the circus.
(c) All lions want to be dominated.
(d) The lion must know who is boss, which will make it feel secure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was under the tarp on the boat?
2. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
3. What did Pi manage to salvage after the great storm?
4. What did Pi do to exert his dominance over the tiger?
5. What did Pi use, lose, and re-create, to protect himself while training the tiger?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)