|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 95 | Part 3 Chapter 96 | Part 3 Chapter 97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
(a) To make the reader aware that the author likes Pi.
(b) To make the reader aware of the author's religious beliefs.
(c) To help the reader know what the author thinks.
(d) To help the reader understand Pi better.
2. Pi was becoming hopeless after the zebra was killed, so he decided to do what?
(a) Throw himself at the hyena for a fight to the death.
(b) Do nothing and wait to be rescued.
(c) Jump overboard and let the sharks kill him.
(d) Pray to God for deliverance.
3. What did Pi use, lose, and re-create, to protect himself while training the tiger?
(a) A turtle shell shield.
(b) A shield made of wood from the benches in the boat.
(c) A shield made of part of the raft.
(d) A shield made of the locker door.
4. What did the tiger associate with trespassing to remember to avoid it?
(a) Fish and the whistle.
(b) Nausea and blowing the whistle.
(c) Nausea and exhaustion.
(d) A rocking boat and fish.
5. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
(a) Pi doesn't know how he got there.
(b) He was there before Pi got in.
(c) He jumped into the boat from the ship.
(d) Pi helped him swim to the boat by throwing him a life buoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
2. What did Pi wish for in his quiet days on the liftboat?
3. How important is religion to Pi?
4. What did Pi manage to salvage after the great storm?
5. What did Pi do each time he thought he saw lights in the distance?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)