|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 95 | Part 3 Chapter 96 | Part 3 Chapter 97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened at the meeting with Pi's parents and his three religious teachers?
(a) They agreed Pi should continue exploring his religious beliefs.
(b) Each teacher thought their religions had similarities.
(c) They all agreed Pi could be a Hindu, Muslim, and Christian at the same time.
(d) Each teacher thought Pi was more faithful to his religion than to the others.
2. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
(a) Created a fishing line to use to catch food.
(b) Moved closer to the tiger for protection.
(c) Prepared to battle the tiger.
(d) Fell asleep exhausted, wrapped in his warm blanket.
3. The main character grew up in what country?
(a) United States.
4. What did Pi start to follow after his food supplies run low?
(a) The recommended daily intake in the survival guide.
(b) His faith, knowing he can catch more fish.
(c) The tiger, to where the tiger has sequestered fish.
(d) His normal routine.
5. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
(a) His father wanted to give Pi a broader view of life and religion.
(b) His father thought there would be changes in India because of Mrs. Ghandi.
(c) His father hoped to provide a better life for the family in Canada.
(d) His father worried about the political situation in India.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
2. What did Pi do to keep Richard Parker satisfied?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 48, Pi explains that the tiger got his name from what source?
4. As Pi was losing hope, his courage rose and what did he no longer fear?
5. Once Pi's suffering became intense, what did he do with the greater part of his days?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)