|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 95 | Part 3 Chapter 96 | Part 3 Chapter 97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say was strange about the ecosystem in the lifeboat on the second day?
(a) The hyena and a human were in the same boat.
(b) The hyena was in the boat.
(c) Two wild animals slept in the boat.
(d) The hyena and orangutan existed side by side and ignored each other.
2. Why does Pi think that the hyena did not attack him?
(a) Because Pi had not yet gotten close enough to him.
(b) Because the hyena wasn't hungry.
(c) Because the tiger was in the boat.
(d) Because the hyena had not yet gotten to him.
3. What ran out before Pi was done writing in his diary?
(b) The ink in his pens.
(c) Room on the page.
(d) His hope.
4. What equipment did Pi fish the most with?
(d) His hands.
5. What did Pi do to exert his dominance over the tiger?
(a) Handled the tiger's feces in front of him.
(b) Conducted his daily routine in front of him.
(c) Cleaned the boat of the tiger's urine in front of him.
(d) Cleaned the fish he caught in front of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
2. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
3. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
4. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
5. The author uses the animals as symbols of what?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)