|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 95 | Part 3 Chapter 96 | Part 3 Chapter 97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the reaction of Pi's parents to Pi's explorations and practices of various religions?
(a) They wanted him to choose one faith and practice it.
(b) They were uncomfortable with his religious practices.
(c) They thought he was doing the right thing.
(d) They wanted him to stop exploring religions and settle on one.
2. When Pi got back into the lifeboat in Part 2, who did he see look out from under the tarp?
(a) The monkey.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The hyena.
(d) The zebra.
3. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
(a) He was there before Pi got in.
(b) Pi doesn't know how he got there.
(c) Pi helped him swim to the boat by throwing him a life buoy.
(d) He jumped into the boat from the ship.
4. What happened as starvation began to set in?
(a) Pi gave up the will to survive.
(b) Pi's body began to break down and standing was difficult.
(c) Pi spent all day rocking back and forth on the raft.
(d) Pi thought about killing and eating the tiger.
5. What did Pi find when he boarded the other man's boat to scavenge for food?
(a) Turtle meat, fish, biscuit crumbs, and water.
(b) Fish, shark meat, and crackers.
(c) Nothing. The man's boat was as empty as his.
(d) Olives, water, and canned fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi bring to the tiger in the morning after they had both had a restless night's sleep?
2. How did Pi spend his second night on the lifeboat?
3. As Pi was losing hope, his courage rose and what did he no longer fear?
4. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
5. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)