|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 80 | Part 2 Chapter 81 | Part 2 Chapter 82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened at the meeting with Pi's parents and his three religious teachers?
(a) They all agreed Pi could be a Hindu, Muslim, and Christian at the same time.
(b) Each teacher thought Pi was more faithful to his religion than to the others.
(c) Each teacher thought their religions had similarities.
(d) They agreed Pi should continue exploring his religious beliefs.
2. How did Pi spend his second night on the lifeboat?
(b) Swimming and sleeping.
(c) Walking about the boat.
(d) Crying with grief about his family.
3. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
(a) To add some mysteriousness to the story.
(b) To confuse the reader.
(c) To tell the reader how the author discovered the story.
(d) To give the reader some background about the man.
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
(a) He lost it.
(b) He used it in the mosque.
(c) It reminded him of the sacredness of the earth.
(d) He used it outside.
5. What was the reaction of Pi's parents to Pi's explorations and practices of various religions?
(a) They wanted him to stop exploring religions and settle on one.
(b) They thought he was doing the right thing.
(c) They were uncomfortable with his religious practices.
(d) They wanted him to choose one faith and practice it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
2. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
3. When did Pi start spending more time on the lifeboat?
4. What did Pi spend a lot of time in the manual reading about and studying?
5. After the hyena killed the zebra, what did the hyena do?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)