|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 80 | Part 2 Chapter 81 | Part 2 Chapter 82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi do to exert his dominance over the tiger?
(a) Conducted his daily routine in front of him.
(b) Cleaned the boat of the tiger's urine in front of him.
(c) Handled the tiger's feces in front of him.
(d) Cleaned the fish he caught in front of him.
2. What did Pi finally realize after reading the manual written by a British Royal Navy commander?
(a) He was responsible for his own survival now.
(b) The ocean was going to become more fierce in future storms.
(c) The tiger would not kill him.
(d) The British had a keen sense on shipwrecks.
3. What did Pi do each time he thought he saw lights in the distance?
(b) Set off a flare.
(c) Cried in happiness, then in pain, when the lights didn't come closer.
(d) Directed a broken mirror piece at the lights.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
(a) He is a relative of the main character.
(b) The author uses him only as a means to tell the story.
(c) He will probably remain nameless throughout the story.
(d) He is the main character.
5. What did Pi do to modify the raft?
(a) Increased the depth of the raft by adding another layer of wood,
(b) Made a mast and found a compass in the locker to navigate with.
(c) Made the raft wider with more wood and rope.
(d) Made a mast and draped a blanket over it to create shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
2. What is the omega animal?
3. According to Pi, when have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
4. On whose estimated birthday did Pi sing "Happy Birthday"?
5. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)