|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 80 | Part 2 Chapter 81 | Part 2 Chapter 82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi do to modify the raft?
(a) Increased the depth of the raft by adding another layer of wood,
(b) Made a mast and draped a blanket over it to create shelter.
(c) Made a mast and found a compass in the locker to navigate with.
(d) Made the raft wider with more wood and rope.
2. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(b) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(c) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
(d) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
3. How large was the boat?
(a) 3.5 feet deep, 8 feet wide, 26 feet long.
(b) 26 feet deep, 8 feet wide, 3.5 feet long.
(c) 10 feet deep, 4 feet wide, 18 feet long.
(d) 4 feet deep, 18 feet wide, 10 feet long.
4. What did Pi wish for in his quiet days on the liftboat?
(a) A friend.
(b) To be rescued.
(c) More food.
(d) A book.
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
(a) He lost it.
(b) He used it in the mosque.
(c) It reminded him of the sacredness of the earth.
(d) He used it outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
2. What did the manual suggest Pi drink as a nutritious drink?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
4. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
5. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)