|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 80 | Part 2 Chapter 81 | Part 2 Chapter 82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi use, lose, and re-create, to protect himself while training the tiger?
(a) A shield made of wood from the benches in the boat.
(b) A shield made of the locker door.
(c) A shield made of part of the raft.
(d) A turtle shell shield.
2. What happened as starvation began to set in?
(a) Pi thought about killing and eating the tiger.
(b) Pi gave up the will to survive.
(c) Pi's body began to break down and standing was difficult.
(d) Pi spent all day rocking back and forth on the raft.
3. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
(a) So the reader will not feel so sad.
(b) He has no specific reason for doing this.
(c) So the reader will continue reading the story.
(d) Because people like to read books with happy endings.
4. On the first day, what animals did Pi think were on the lifeboat?
(a) A hyena, a zebra, an orangutan, and a monkey.
(b) A hyena, a zebra, and an orangutan.
(c) A zebra, an orangutan, a dog, and a hyena.
(d) Two hyenas, a zebra, and a dog.
5. What did the crouching tiger do when Pi turned to face him after the storm?
(a) Lunged at Pi, aiming to kill him.
(b) Leaned over the boat and clubbed at a fish.
(c) Growled at Pi.
(d) Licked his nose and averted his gaze.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi fail to control as time passed on the liferaft?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
3. What did Pi continue to use to communicate with the tiger?
4. What is life's only opponent, in the eyes of Pi?
5. What happened at the meeting with Pi's parents and his three religious teachers?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)