|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 80 | Part 2 Chapter 81 | Part 2 Chapter 82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(b) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
(c) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
(d) The paperwork took that long.
2. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
(a) His father wanted to give Pi a broader view of life and religion.
(b) His father thought there would be changes in India because of Mrs. Ghandi.
(c) His father hoped to provide a better life for the family in Canada.
(d) His father worried about the political situation in India.
3. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
(b) They just want Pi to be happy.
(c) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
(d) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
4. What happened to the underside of Pi's raft?
(a) It started rotting.
(b) It started breaking apart.
(c) It became an ecosystem full of sea life.
(d) It turned green with algae.
5. What did Pi wish for in his quiet days on the liftboat?
(a) To be rescued.
(b) A friend.
(c) A book.
(d) More food.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the hyena began to act strangely, what did Pi do?
2. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
4. What did Pi share for food with Richard Parker after butchering it?
5. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)