|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 80 | Part 2 Chapter 81 | Part 2 Chapter 82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Pi throw himself out of the lifeboat?
(a) He realized he was in a boat with a Bengal tiger.
(b) He was hot and he thought he could cool off in the water.
(c) He thought he saw another lifeboat that might be safer.
(d) Someone called to him to swim to another boat.
2. What of Pi's disintegrated from the sun and salt?
(a) His food.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His boat.
(d) His raft.
3. What was the reaction of Pi's parents to Pi's explorations and practices of various religions?
(a) They were uncomfortable with his religious practices.
(b) They thought he was doing the right thing.
(c) They wanted him to stop exploring religions and settle on one.
(d) They wanted him to choose one faith and practice it.
4. What was an act of deference by the tiger to Pi?
(a) Growling at Pi.
(b) Being silent and gentle with Pi.
(c) Hiding his feces.
(d) Not lashing out at Pi.
5. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
(a) Pi helped him swim to the boat by throwing him a life buoy.
(b) Pi doesn't know how he got there.
(c) He jumped into the boat from the ship.
(d) He was there before Pi got in.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pi, when have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
2. On whose estimated birthday did Pi sing "Happy Birthday"?
3. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
4. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
5. During the first night on the lifeboat, what did the hyena do?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)