|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 80 | Part 2 Chapter 81 | Part 2 Chapter 82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened at the meeting with Pi's parents and his three religious teachers?
(a) They all agreed Pi could be a Hindu, Muslim, and Christian at the same time.
(b) Each teacher thought Pi was more faithful to his religion than to the others.
(c) Each teacher thought their religions had similarities.
(d) They agreed Pi should continue exploring his religious beliefs.
2. How did Pi end up in the lifeboat?
(a) He was thrown overboard and landed there.
(b) His father put him there as the ship was sinking.
(c) It was his assigned lifeboat and he went there as the ship sank.
(d) He fell off the ship and swam to the lifeboat.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 30, what does the author say he learned about Pi when they met?
(a) That Pi's wife's name is Meena and she is a doctor.
(b) That Pi did not believe in marriage.
(c) That Pi was twice divorced.
(d) That Pi was married.
4. Why did Pi give generously to the tiger at the cost of his own hunger and thirst?
(a) Pi believed in sharing with the tiger for mutual survival.
(b) If he didn't give generously to the tiger, Pi would not be fulfilling his religious needs.
(c) If the tiger got mad at Pi, he would lunge and kill Pi.
(d) If the tiger became desperate for food, Pi knew his life would end quickly.
5. What happened to the underside of Pi's raft?
(a) It became an ecosystem full of sea life.
(b) It started breaking apart.
(c) It turned green with algae.
(d) It started rotting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi do the first day in the life boat?
2. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
3. What did Pi continue to use to communicate with the tiger?
4. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
5. When Pi saw a sea turtle near the boat, what did he do?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)