|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 80 | Part 2 Chapter 81 | Part 2 Chapter 82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
(a) To help the reader know what the author thinks.
(b) To make the reader aware of the author's religious beliefs.
(c) To help the reader understand Pi better.
(d) To make the reader aware that the author likes Pi.
2. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
(a) They were not happy living in the zoo.
(b) They were fearful of the other animals in the zoo.
(c) They were happy living in the zoo.
(d) They would like to return to the wild.
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
(a) It reminded him of the sacredness of the earth.
(b) He used it in the mosque.
(c) He used it outside.
(d) He lost it.
4. Why does Pi think that the hyena did not attack him?
(a) Because Pi had not yet gotten close enough to him.
(b) Because the hyena had not yet gotten to him.
(c) Because the tiger was in the boat.
(d) Because the hyena wasn't hungry.
5. What did Pi build a raft out of?
(a) Oars and floating logs.
(b) Life jackets and floating oars.
(c) Wood and rope.
(d) Logs and life jackets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi call the tiger's snorting in and out?
2. When did Pi start spending more time on the lifeboat?
3. When the hyena began to act strangely, what did Pi do?
4. What did Pi not find after looking around on the boat?
5. What did Pi continue to use to communicate with the tiger?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)