|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
(a) To make the reader aware that the author likes Pi.
(b) To make the reader aware of the author's religious beliefs.
(c) To help the reader understand Pi better.
(d) To help the reader know what the author thinks.
2. During the first night on the lifeboat, what did the hyena do?
(a) Slept on the tarp.
(b) Walked around the boat.
(c) Spent the night barking/howling.
(d) Chewed off the leg of the zebra.
3. What did Pi smell when he was next to the boat?
(a) The smell of the ocean.
(b) The tiger's urine.
(c) The smell of rotting food.
(d) The smell of his wet blanket.
4. What did Richard Parker kill while Pi was building the raft?
(a) A bird.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A rat.
(d) A fish.
5. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His father said to talk to his mother about it.
(b) His father thought it was a good idea.
(c) His father just wanted Pi to be happy.
(d) His father didn't question him about this decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi have a hard time butchering?
2. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
3. What religion is Pi?
4. How large was the boat?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)