|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
(a) The trainer must show the lion he is physically stronger.
(b) The lion must know who is boss, which will make it feel secure.
(c) All lions want to be dominated.
(d) Only female lions are used in the circus.
2. What did Pi bring to the tiger in the morning after they had both had a restless night's sleep?
(a) Two flying fish and a can of beans.
(b) A can of beans and a biscuit.
(c) Water in a bucket and two flying fish.
(d) Two dorado and biscuits.
3. What did a British Royal Navy commander write that Pi took the time to read?
(a) A survival manual with practical advice on how to survive a shipwreck.
(b) A manual on how to hunt and fish after being shipwrecked,
(c) A manual on British flora and fauna,
(d) A manual about the ocean tides and currents.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
(a) To make the reader aware of the author's religious beliefs.
(b) To help the reader know what the author thinks.
(c) To make the reader aware that the author likes Pi.
(d) To help the reader understand Pi better.
5. What did Pi have a hard time butchering?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi first use to communicate with the tiger after his hope returned?
2. According to the author, which of the following was a reason why Pi decided to get back into the lifeboat?
3. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
4. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
5. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)