|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 48, Pi explains that the tiger got his name from what source?
(a) Pi when he was at the zoo.
(b) The Pondicherry zookeeper.
(c) The author.
(d) A mix-up in paperwork.
2. What did the boat do when the raft was next to it?
(a) Turned parallel to the waves, increasing the unpleasant rolling motion.
(b) Turned perpendicular to the current and flowed with it.
(c) Turned perpendicular to the waves and rolled unpleasantly.
(d) Turned parallel to the current and calmed in its rolling motion.
3. When Pi got back into the lifeboat in Part 2, who did he see look out from under the tarp?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The hyena.
(c) The monkey.
(d) The zebra.
4. What does the author say was strange about the ecosystem in the lifeboat on the second day?
(a) Two wild animals slept in the boat.
(b) The hyena was in the boat.
(c) The hyena and orangutan existed side by side and ignored each other.
(d) The hyena and a human were in the same boat.
5. What did Pi do the first day in the life boat?
(a) He helped the animals on board.
(b) He explored the life boat.
(c) He made himself secure.
(d) He kept alert looking for survivors and rescue teams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
2. Why does Pi think that the hyena did not attack him?
3. What did Pi do to modify the raft?
4. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
5. What was the main character named after?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)