|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
(a) He jumped into the boat from the ship.
(b) Pi doesn't know how he got there.
(c) Pi helped him swim to the boat by throwing him a life buoy.
(d) He was there before Pi got in.
2. As Pi was losing hope, his courage rose and what did he no longer fear?
(a) The hyena.
(b) The tiger.
(c) Going hungry.
(d) Sleeping in the boat.
3. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) They just want Pi to be happy.
(b) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
(c) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
(d) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
4. During the first night on the lifeboat, what did the hyena do?
(a) Spent the night barking/howling.
(b) Walked around the boat.
(c) Chewed off the leg of the zebra.
(d) Slept on the tarp.
5. What did Pi finally realize after reading the manual written by a British Royal Navy commander?
(a) He was responsible for his own survival now.
(b) The tiger would not kill him.
(c) The ocean was going to become more fierce in future storms.
(d) The British had a keen sense on shipwrecks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
2. What did Pi plan to do with the tiger once the tiger expressed friendliness and harmlessness?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
4. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
5. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)