|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
(a) Pi went to a Hindu temple after he went to the Christian church.
(b) Pi told Father Martin that he wanted to become a Christian.
(c) Pi thought the story about Jesus to be odd.
(d) Pi did not feel he belonged in the Christian church.
2. What does the author say was strange about the ecosystem in the lifeboat on the second day?
(a) Two wild animals slept in the boat.
(b) The hyena and a human were in the same boat.
(c) The hyena was in the boat.
(d) The hyena and orangutan existed side by side and ignored each other.
3. What did Pi finally realize after reading the manual written by a British Royal Navy commander?
(a) The ocean was going to become more fierce in future storms.
(b) He was responsible for his own survival now.
(c) The tiger would not kill him.
(d) The British had a keen sense on shipwrecks.
4. What happened after the meeting of Pi's parents and his religious teachers?
(a) Pi's family went out for ice cream.
(b) They all had tea together.
(c) Pi went off by himself to think about the meeting.
(d) Pi went to bed.
5. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His mother told him it was his father's decision.
(b) His mother was supportive of him as soon as he asked.
(c) His mother conceded to his wishes, but only after he argued with her.
(d) His mother did not concede to his wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the omega animal?
2. Which of the following statements is true about Pi's parents' practice of their religion?
3. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
4. What did Pi do to modify the raft?
5. Why does Pi think that the hyena did not attack him?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)