|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Pi had no bait, what did he cut up to fish with in the morning, after his leather shoe was unsuccessful?
(a) The tiger's droppings.
(b) The biscuits.
(c) The British naval manual.
(d) Flying fish.
2. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
(a) Changed Christian churches.
(b) Lingered after Muslim prayers.
(c) Attended Hindu temple only at quiet times.
(d) Talked to his religious teachers.
3. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
(b) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(c) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(d) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
4. Symbolically, what does it mean when the storm clears?
(a) That there would be no more rain.
(b) That good always follows bad.
(c) That bad things happen to good people.
(d) That the worst may be over.
5. Which is the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
(a) Pi told Father Martin that he wanted to become a Christian.
(b) Pi did not feel he belonged in the Christian church.
(c) Pi went to a Hindu temple after he went to the Christian church.
(d) Pi thought the story about Jesus to be odd.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Pi was in the lifeboat, what animal floated by and got into the boat?
2. The author uses the animals as symbols of what?
3. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
4. What is the omega animal?
5. What separated Pi from the Tiger on the boat?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)