|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pi think that the hyena did not attack him?
(a) Because the hyena had not yet gotten to him.
(b) Because the hyena wasn't hungry.
(c) Because Pi had not yet gotten close enough to him.
(d) Because the tiger was in the boat.
2. What does the author say was strange about the ecosystem in the lifeboat on the second day?
(a) Two wild animals slept in the boat.
(b) The hyena and a human were in the same boat.
(c) The hyena was in the boat.
(d) The hyena and orangutan existed side by side and ignored each other.
3. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
(a) There was a general alarm to alert everyone that the ship was sinking.
(b) Pi found rising water blocking his way when he tried to return to his room.
(c) Pi woke up and decided to go exploring.
(d) Acccording to Pi's brother, there had been some problem with the engines.
4. What did Pi do each time he thought he saw lights in the distance?
(b) Directed a broken mirror piece at the lights.
(c) Set off a flare.
(d) Cried in happiness, then in pain, when the lights didn't come closer.
5. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
(a) It is hungry.
(b) Its territory is invaded.
(c) It is mean.
(d) It doesn't like the trainer or zookeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Pi?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
3. When Pi awoke in the middle of the night and saw the huge moonlit sky before him, what did he think about with regards to himself and the rest of the sea?
4. As night fell on his first day in the lifeboat, why did Pi become scared?
5. Who is Mamji?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)