|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi say at the meeting of his parents and his religious teachers?
(a) He would think about they said.
(b) He just wanted to love God.
(c) The religions were similar.
(d) He wanted to study more about the religions.
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
(a) His father, mother and brother came, even though it was against their will.
(b) It was an uncomfortable event for Pi.
(c) The actual baptism was, for him, as refreshing as a warm summer rain.
(d) The actual baptism involved only a trickle of water poured over his head.
3. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
(a) His father thought there would be changes in India because of Mrs. Ghandi.
(b) His father wanted to give Pi a broader view of life and religion.
(c) His father worried about the political situation in India.
(d) His father hoped to provide a better life for the family in Canada.
4. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
(a) No, but it made Pi feel uncomfortable.
(b) No. It was just an event that happened.
(c) Yes. It signifies that Pi has not yet assimilated what he has learned from the two Mr. Kumars.
(d) Yes. It represents the two sides of Pi's character--his piety and his interest in creation.
5. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
(a) Kill him and bury him on land.
(b) Kill him and cast him off onto the raft, adrift in the sea.
(c) Keep him around for protection.
(d) Get rid of him and have the lifeboat to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
2. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
3. As night fell on his first day in the lifeboat, why did Pi become scared?
4. What smell reminded Pi of childhood?
5. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)