|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(b) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(c) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
(d) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
2. What does the author say was strange about the ecosystem in the lifeboat on the second day?
(a) The hyena was in the boat.
(b) The hyena and a human were in the same boat.
(c) The hyena and orangutan existed side by side and ignored each other.
(d) Two wild animals slept in the boat.
3. How important is religion to Pi?
(a) It is somewhat important.
(b) It is not important at all.
(c) It is very important.
(d) It is important depending on the circumstances.
4. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
(a) Its territory is invaded.
(b) It doesn't like the trainer or zookeeper.
(c) It is hungry.
(d) It is mean.
5. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
(a) Set it free into the water.
(b) Used it to build a wall to block Richard Parker's view of him sleeping.
(c) Tethered it to the boat.
(d) Put it on the dry land to keep it safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main character named after?
2. What was under the tarp on the boat?
3. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
4. What else did Pi catch besides fish?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)