|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His mother told him it was his father's decision.
(b) His mother conceded to his wishes, but only after he argued with her.
(c) His mother was supportive of him as soon as he asked.
(d) His mother did not concede to his wishes.
2. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
(a) To add some mysteriousness to the story.
(b) To tell the reader how the author discovered the story.
(c) To give the reader some background about the man.
(d) To confuse the reader.
3. What did Pi not find after looking around on the boat?
(b) Life jackets.
(d) Drinking water.
4. What is life's only opponent, in the eyes of Pi?
5. How important is religion to Pi?
(a) It is somewhat important.
(b) It is important depending on the circumstances.
(c) It is not important at all.
(d) It is very important.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about Pi's family's departure from India?
2. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
3. What did Pi have a hard time butchering?
4. What did Pi fail to control as time passed on the liferaft?
5. Symbolically, what does it mean when the storm clears?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)