|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the first day, what animals did Pi think were on the lifeboat?
(a) A hyena, a zebra, and an orangutan.
(b) A hyena, a zebra, an orangutan, and a monkey.
(c) A zebra, an orangutan, a dog, and a hyena.
(d) Two hyenas, a zebra, and a dog.
2. What did Pi finally realize after reading the manual written by a British Royal Navy commander?
(a) The tiger would not kill him.
(b) He was responsible for his own survival now.
(c) The British had a keen sense on shipwrecks.
(d) The ocean was going to become more fierce in future storms.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
(a) To help the reader know what the author thinks.
(b) To help the reader understand Pi better.
(c) To make the reader aware that the author likes Pi.
(d) To make the reader aware of the author's religious beliefs.
4. What does the author say was strange about the ecosystem in the lifeboat on the second day?
(a) The hyena and a human were in the same boat.
(b) The hyena was in the boat.
(c) Two wild animals slept in the boat.
(d) The hyena and orangutan existed side by side and ignored each other.
5. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
(a) His father told them none of the animals could be touched.
(b) His father showed them how quickly animals could kill them.
(c) His father told them not to try and pet a tiger.
(d) They watched a tiger eat a goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
2. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
4. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
5. When the hyena began to act strangely, what did Pi do?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)