|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi make the lifeboat more and more into?
(a) A shelter.
(b) A zoo habitat.
(c) A home.
(d) A tiger's den.
2. What was the main character named after?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) A famous landmark.
3. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
(a) Attended Hindu temple only at quiet times.
(b) Changed Christian churches.
(c) Lingered after Muslim prayers.
(d) Talked to his religious teachers.
4. How did Pi end up in the lifeboat?
(a) His father put him there as the ship was sinking.
(b) It was his assigned lifeboat and he went there as the ship sank.
(c) He fell off the ship and swam to the lifeboat.
(d) He was thrown overboard and landed there.
5. What does the author say was strange about the ecosystem in the lifeboat on the second day?
(a) The hyena and a human were in the same boat.
(b) The hyena and orangutan existed side by side and ignored each other.
(c) Two wild animals slept in the boat.
(d) The hyena was in the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
2. What did Pi do the first day in the life boat?
3. As Pi was in the lifeboat, what animal floated by and got into the boat?
4. The main character grew up in what country?
5. What happened when the two Mr. Kumars in Pi's life meet by chance at the zoo?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)