|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(b) The paperwork took that long.
(c) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
(d) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
2. Which is the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
(a) Pi went to a Hindu temple after he went to the Christian church.
(b) Pi told Father Martin that he wanted to become a Christian.
(c) Pi did not feel he belonged in the Christian church.
(d) Pi thought the story about Jesus to be odd.
3. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
(a) It is mean.
(b) Its territory is invaded.
(c) It doesn't like the trainer or zookeeper.
(d) It is hungry.
4. What happened to the underside of Pi's raft?
(a) It started breaking apart.
(b) It became an ecosystem full of sea life.
(c) It turned green with algae.
(d) It started rotting.
5. Which of the following is true about Pi's family's departure from India?
(a) The ship was delayed in its departure because of weather.
(b) Other families on the ship were going to Canada as well.
(c) Pi was excited about leaving, but his mother was sad.
(d) The whole family was excited about going to Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
2. How did Pi end up in the lifeboat?
3. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
4. Why does Pi think that the hyena did not attack him?
5. What did Pi call the tiger's snorting in and out?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)