|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mamji?
(a) A respectful, affectionate term for an older person.
(b) A person who worked for Pi's father at the zoo.
(c) A person who studied in England for two years.
(d) A person who used to be a competitive swimmer.
2. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
(a) His father thought there would be changes in India because of Mrs. Ghandi.
(b) His father hoped to provide a better life for the family in Canada.
(c) His father wanted to give Pi a broader view of life and religion.
(d) His father worried about the political situation in India.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
(a) His wedding.
(b) His time in Brazil.
(c) His life in India.
(d) His time at the University of Toronto.
4. Which of the following statements is true about Pi's parents' practice of their religion?
(a) Pi's parents were not very religious.
(b) Pi's mother had a Hindu upbringing, but had been schooled as a Presbyterian.
(c) Pi's parents practiced their Hindu religion faithfully all the time.
(d) Pi's father was raised as a Hindu, but had been schooled as a Baptist.
5. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His father thought it was a good idea.
(b) His father said to talk to his mother about it.
(c) His father didn't question him about this decision.
(d) His father just wanted Pi to be happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
2. How long had Pi been at sea for when he calculated it?
3. What smell reminded Pi of childhood?
4. What did Pi plan to do with the tiger once the tiger expressed friendliness and harmlessness?
5. During the first night on the lifeboat, what did the hyena do?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)