|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His mother told him it was his father's decision.
(b) His mother did not concede to his wishes.
(c) His mother conceded to his wishes, but only after he argued with her.
(d) His mother was supportive of him as soon as he asked.
2. As night fell on his first day in the lifeboat, why did Pi become scared?
(a) He knew the hyena was capable of hurting him.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He didn't know what would happen.
(d) It would be dark and rescue boats wouldn't see him.
3. What is life's only opponent, in the eyes of Pi?
4. Which of the following statements is true about Pi's parents' practice of their religion?
(a) Pi's parents were not very religious.
(b) Pi's parents practiced their Hindu religion faithfully all the time.
(c) Pi's father was raised as a Hindu, but had been schooled as a Baptist.
(d) Pi's mother had a Hindu upbringing, but had been schooled as a Presbyterian.
5. What did Pi do to keep Richard Parker satisfied?
(a) Talked to him while he petted him.
(b) Did not get near him, leaving him alone.
(c) Caught as many fish as possible.
(d) Put him on the raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 30, what does the author say he learned about Pi when they met?
3. What did the boat do when the raft was next to it?
4. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
5. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)