|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Richard Parker react when Pi shouted a greeting to him?
(a) Came closer to Pi to see what Pi wanted.
(b) Turned away from Pi, silent.
(c) Responded with the same sounds as before.
(d) Growled and roared.
2. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
(a) He didn't get killed by a falling zebra.
(b) He was not seasick.
(c) He went to sleep early the night before.
(d) He was mobile enough to get in the lifeboat.
3. Why does Pi think that the hyena did not attack him?
(a) Because the hyena wasn't hungry.
(b) Because the tiger was in the boat.
(c) Because the hyena had not yet gotten to him.
(d) Because Pi had not yet gotten close enough to him.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
(a) His time at the University of Toronto.
(b) His life in India.
(c) His time in Brazil.
(d) His wedding.
5. What did Pi do to modify the raft?
(a) Increased the depth of the raft by adding another layer of wood,
(b) Made a mast and draped a blanket over it to create shelter.
(c) Made the raft wider with more wood and rope.
(d) Made a mast and found a compass in the locker to navigate with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is life's only opponent, in the eyes of Pi?
2. As Pi was losing hope, his courage rose and what did he no longer fear?
3. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
4. What equipment did Pi fish the most with?
5. When Pi got back into the lifeboat in Part 2, who did he see look out from under the tarp?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)