|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
(a) It is hungry.
(b) It is mean.
(c) It doesn't like the trainer or zookeeper.
(d) Its territory is invaded.
2. What did Pi continue to use to communicate with the tiger?
(a) Hand gestures.
(b) A stick.
(d) A whistle.
3. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
4. When Pi awoke in the middle of the night and saw the huge moonlit sky before him, what did he think about with regards to himself and the rest of the sea?
(a) How there was no chance of ever surviving in such a vast sea.
(b) How starless the sky was, and how empty his heart felt.
(c) How lonely the moon looked, and how lonely his heart was.
(d) How small he is and how vast the sea and the sky are.
5. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
(a) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Satish Kumar, the Sufi.
(b) Satish Kumar, the Sufi, and Mamji.
(c) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Mamji.
(d) Mamji and Pi's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
2. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
4. What else did Pi catch besides fish?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)