|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 68 | Part 2 Chapter 69 | Part 2 Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
(a) What his father looked like.
(b) What his mother looked like.
(c) What his brother looked like.
(d) What Richard Parker looked like.
2. How did Pi end up in the lifeboat?
(a) It was his assigned lifeboat and he went there as the ship sank.
(b) He was thrown overboard and landed there.
(c) He fell off the ship and swam to the lifeboat.
(d) His father put him there as the ship was sinking.
3. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
(a) No. It was just an event that happened.
(b) Yes. It represents the two sides of Pi's character--his piety and his interest in creation.
(c) No, but it made Pi feel uncomfortable.
(d) Yes. It signifies that Pi has not yet assimilated what he has learned from the two Mr. Kumars.
4. What did Pi continue to use to communicate with the tiger?
(b) Hand gestures.
(c) A stick.
(d) A whistle.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 48, Pi explains that the tiger got his name from what source?
(a) A mix-up in paperwork.
(b) The Pondicherry zookeeper.
(c) Pi when he was at the zoo.
(d) The author.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
2. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
3. What does the author say was strange about the ecosystem in the lifeboat on the second day?
4. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
5. Who is Mamji?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)