|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 48, Pi explains that the tiger got his name from what source?
(a) The author.
(b) A mix-up in paperwork.
(c) The Pondicherry zookeeper.
(d) Pi when he was at the zoo.
2. After the hyena killed the zebra, what did the hyena do?
(a) Tried to kill Pi.
(b) Killed Orange Juice.
(c) Went to sleep.
(d) Jumped overboard.
3. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
(a) By studying at school.
(b) By talking to his friends.
(c) By listening to his parents.
(d) By discovering the Muslim section of his town.
4. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
(a) He was mobile enough to get in the lifeboat.
(b) He went to sleep early the night before.
(c) He didn't get killed by a falling zebra.
(d) He was not seasick.
5. Which of the following is true about Pi's family's departure from India?
(a) Other families on the ship were going to Canada as well.
(b) Pi was excited about leaving, but his mother was sad.
(c) The whole family was excited about going to Canada.
(d) The ship was delayed in its departure because of weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pi spend his second night on the lifeboat?
2. Which of the following statements is true about Pi's parents' practice of their religion?
3. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
4. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
5. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)