|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
(b) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
(c) The paperwork took that long.
(d) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
2. What religion is Pi?
3. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
(a) Animal cruelty.
(b) Old buildings.
4. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
(a) No, but it made Pi feel uncomfortable.
(b) No. It was just an event that happened.
(c) Yes. It signifies that Pi has not yet assimilated what he has learned from the two Mr. Kumars.
(d) Yes. It represents the two sides of Pi's character--his piety and his interest in creation.
5. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
(a) Pi doesn't know how he got there.
(b) He was there before Pi got in.
(c) He jumped into the boat from the ship.
(d) Pi helped him swim to the boat by throwing him a life buoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
2. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
3. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
4. What does the author say was strange about the ecosystem in the lifeboat on the second day?
5. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)