|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 48, Pi explains that the tiger got his name from what source?
(a) The author.
(b) A mix-up in paperwork.
(c) The Pondicherry zookeeper.
(d) Pi when he was at the zoo.
2. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
3. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
4. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
(a) He jumped into the boat from the ship.
(b) Pi doesn't know how he got there.
(c) He was there before Pi got in.
(d) Pi helped him swim to the boat by throwing him a life buoy.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
(a) The author uses him only as a means to tell the story.
(b) He will probably remain nameless throughout the story.
(c) He is a relative of the main character.
(d) He is the main character.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
2. Who is Mamji?
3. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
4. What did Pi say at the meeting of his parents and his religious teachers?
5. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)