|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pi saw a sea turtle near the boat, what did he do?
(a) Got into the water and swam with the turtle.
(b) Talked to the turtle.
(c) Watched the turtle until it swam off.
(d) Commanded the turtle to go for help.
2. Who is Mamji?
(a) A person who used to be a competitive swimmer.
(b) A respectful, affectionate term for an older person.
(c) A person who worked for Pi's father at the zoo.
(d) A person who studied in England for two years.
3. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(b) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
(c) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
(d) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
4. What made Pi re-evaluate his position in the lifeboat?
(a) He thought he saw an island on the horizon.
(b) He saw the tiger in the boat.
(c) He imagined that he saw his mother.
(d) He thought he saw a rescue boat.
5. What is the omega animal?
(a) The one with the highest social standing in their group.
(b) The animal that is given the easiest tricks to learn.
(c) The one with the lowest social standing in their group.
(d) The hardest animal to train.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
2. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
3. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
4. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
5. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)