|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
(a) She lived for ten weeks before she was captured.
(b) She roamed the countryside killing small animals.
(c) She escaped during the day when the zookeeper left her cage open.
(d) She shared her habitat with a male that she did not get along with.
2. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
(a) His father worried about the political situation in India.
(b) His father wanted to give Pi a broader view of life and religion.
(c) His father hoped to provide a better life for the family in Canada.
(d) His father thought there would be changes in India because of Mrs. Ghandi.
3. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
(a) When he was praying in the Christian church.
(b) When he was praying in the mosque.
(c) When he watched the Muslim shopkeeper.
(d) One day when he was riding his bike home from Mr. Kumar's, the Muslim.
4. Which of the following is true about Pi's family's departure from India?
(a) The whole family was excited about going to Canada.
(b) Pi was excited about leaving, but his mother was sad.
(c) The ship was delayed in its departure because of weather.
(d) Other families on the ship were going to Canada as well.
5. According to Pi, when have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
(a) When the animals reproduce.
(b) When the animals eat well.
(c) When the animals get along with humans.
(d) When the animals don't try to get out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Symbolically, what does it mean when the storm clears?
2. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
3. Why does Pi think that the hyena did not attack him?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 48, Pi explains that the tiger got his name from what source?
5. After the hyena killed the zebra, what did the hyena do?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)