|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi say at the meeting of his parents and his religious teachers?
(a) The religions were similar.
(b) He would think about they said.
(c) He just wanted to love God.
(d) He wanted to study more about the religions.
2. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
(a) Because people like to read books with happy endings.
(b) So the reader will not feel so sad.
(c) He has no specific reason for doing this.
(d) So the reader will continue reading the story.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 48, Pi explains that the tiger got his name from what source?
(a) The Pondicherry zookeeper.
(b) A mix-up in paperwork.
(c) Pi when he was at the zoo.
(d) The author.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
(a) A Mexican hospital.
(b) A Canadian hospital.
(c) A Mexican restaurant.
(d) An English restaurant.
5. What was the reaction of Pi's parents to Pi's explorations and practices of various religions?
(a) They thought he was doing the right thing.
(b) They wanted him to stop exploring religions and settle on one.
(c) They wanted him to choose one faith and practice it.
(d) They were uncomfortable with his religious practices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
2. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
3. Who is Mamji?
4. Pi was becoming hopeless after the zebra was killed, so he decided to do what?
5. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)