|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
(a) Pi's son.
(b) Pi's wife.
(c) Pi's cat.
(d) Pi's daughter.
2. When Pi saw a sea turtle near the boat, what did he do?
(a) Talked to the turtle.
(b) Got into the water and swam with the turtle.
(c) Commanded the turtle to go for help.
(d) Watched the turtle until it swam off.
3. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
(a) His father told them none of the animals could be touched.
(b) They watched a tiger eat a goat.
(c) His father showed them how quickly animals could kill them.
(d) His father told them not to try and pet a tiger.
4. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
(a) He didn't get killed by a falling zebra.
(b) He went to sleep early the night before.
(c) He was mobile enough to get in the lifeboat.
(d) He was not seasick.
5. Why did Pi throw himself out of the lifeboat?
(a) He was hot and he thought he could cool off in the water.
(b) He thought he saw another lifeboat that might be safer.
(c) Someone called to him to swim to another boat.
(d) He realized he was in a boat with a Bengal tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
2. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
3. What does the author say was strange about the ecosystem in the lifeboat on the second day?
4. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
5. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)