|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pi got back into the lifeboat in Part 2, who did he see look out from under the tarp?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The monkey.
(c) The zebra.
(d) The hyena.
2. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
(c) Tea estates.
(d) Religious temples.
3. Why does Pi think that the hyena did not attack him?
(a) Because the tiger was in the boat.
(b) Because the hyena had not yet gotten to him.
(c) Because the hyena wasn't hungry.
(d) Because Pi had not yet gotten close enough to him.
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
(a) It reminded him of the sacredness of the earth.
(b) He used it outside.
(c) He used it in the mosque.
(d) He lost it.
5. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
2. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
3. What happened after the meeting of Pi's parents and his religious teachers?
4. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
5. Who is Mamji?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)