|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
(a) She roamed the countryside killing small animals.
(b) She lived for ten weeks before she was captured.
(c) She escaped during the day when the zookeeper left her cage open.
(d) She shared her habitat with a male that she did not get along with.
2. What happened after the meeting of Pi's parents and his religious teachers?
(a) Pi went to bed.
(b) Pi's family went out for ice cream.
(c) They all had tea together.
(d) Pi went off by himself to think about the meeting.
3. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
(a) When they are unhappy.
(b) When they are hungry.
(c) When they want to return to their prior home.
(d) When they don't like their habitat.
4. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
(a) All lions want to be dominated.
(b) The lion must know who is boss, which will make it feel secure.
(c) The trainer must show the lion he is physically stronger.
(d) Only female lions are used in the circus.
5. After the hyena killed the zebra, what did the hyena do?
(a) Went to sleep.
(b) Jumped overboard.
(c) Killed Orange Juice.
(d) Tried to kill Pi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi do the first day in the life boat?
2. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
3. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
4. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
5. What was the main character named after?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)