|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the first day, what animals did Pi think were on the lifeboat?
(a) A hyena, a zebra, an orangutan, and a monkey.
(b) Two hyenas, a zebra, and a dog.
(c) A zebra, an orangutan, a dog, and a hyena.
(d) A hyena, a zebra, and an orangutan.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
(a) To help the reader understand Pi better.
(b) To make the reader aware of the author's religious beliefs.
(c) To help the reader know what the author thinks.
(d) To make the reader aware that the author likes Pi.
3. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
(b) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
(c) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
(d) They just want Pi to be happy.
4. What was the reaction of Pi's parents to Pi's explorations and practices of various religions?
(a) They wanted him to choose one faith and practice it.
(b) They were uncomfortable with his religious practices.
(c) They thought he was doing the right thing.
(d) They wanted him to stop exploring religions and settle on one.
5. When Pi got back into the lifeboat in Part 2, who did he see look out from under the tarp?
(a) The zebra.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The monkey.
(d) The hyena.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
2. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
3. According to the author, which of the following was a reason why Pi decided to get back into the lifeboat?
4. How important is religion to Pi?
5. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)