|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
(a) Pi's wife.
(b) Pi's daughter.
(c) Pi's cat.
(d) Pi's son.
2. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
(a) When he watched the Muslim shopkeeper.
(b) One day when he was riding his bike home from Mr. Kumar's, the Muslim.
(c) When he was praying in the mosque.
(d) When he was praying in the Christian church.
3. What does the author say was strange about the ecosystem in the lifeboat on the second day?
(a) The hyena and orangutan existed side by side and ignored each other.
(b) Two wild animals slept in the boat.
(c) The hyena was in the boat.
(d) The hyena and a human were in the same boat.
4. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
(a) Pi woke up and decided to go exploring.
(b) Acccording to Pi's brother, there had been some problem with the engines.
(c) Pi found rising water blocking his way when he tried to return to his room.
(d) There was a general alarm to alert everyone that the ship was sinking.
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
(a) It was an uncomfortable event for Pi.
(b) His father, mother and brother came, even though it was against their will.
(c) The actual baptism involved only a trickle of water poured over his head.
(d) The actual baptism was, for him, as refreshing as a warm summer rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main character grew up in what country?
2. According to the author, which of the following was a reason why Pi decided to get back into the lifeboat?
3. According to Pi, when have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
4. What is the omega animal?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 48, Pi explains that the tiger got his name from what source?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)