|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
(a) Mamji and Pi's father.
(b) Satish Kumar, the Sufi, and Mamji.
(c) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Satish Kumar, the Sufi.
(d) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Mamji.
2. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(b) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
(c) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(d) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
3. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
(a) Pi helped him swim to the boat by throwing him a life buoy.
(b) Pi doesn't know how he got there.
(c) He was there before Pi got in.
(d) He jumped into the boat from the ship.
4. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
(a) She escaped during the day when the zookeeper left her cage open.
(b) She shared her habitat with a male that she did not get along with.
(c) She lived for ten weeks before she was captured.
(d) She roamed the countryside killing small animals.
5. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
(b) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(c) The paperwork took that long.
(d) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the hyena began to act strangely, what did Pi do?
2. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
4. During the first night on the lifeboat, what did the hyena do?
5. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)