|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Pi end up in the lifeboat?
(a) He fell off the ship and swam to the lifeboat.
(b) He was thrown overboard and landed there.
(c) His father put him there as the ship was sinking.
(d) It was his assigned lifeboat and he went there as the ship sank.
2. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
(a) By studying at school.
(b) By talking to his friends.
(c) By listening to his parents.
(d) By discovering the Muslim section of his town.
3. How did Pi spend his second night on the lifeboat?
(a) Swimming and sleeping.
(b) Walking about the boat.
(d) Crying with grief about his family.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
(a) To help the reader understand Pi better.
(b) To help the reader know what the author thinks.
(c) To make the reader aware of the author's religious beliefs.
(d) To make the reader aware that the author likes Pi.
5. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
(a) When they are hungry.
(b) When they don't like their habitat.
(c) When they want to return to their prior home.
(d) When they are unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. As night fell on his first day in the lifeboat, why did Pi become scared?
2. After the hyena killed the zebra, what did the hyena do?
3. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
4. As Pi was losing hope, his courage rose and what did he no longer fear?
5. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)