|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Antieji?
(a) Pi's aunt.
(b) Pi's cousin.
(c) Pi's foster mother in Toronto.
(d) Pi's best friend.
2. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
3. Which of the following is true about Pi's family's departure from India?
(a) The whole family was excited about going to Canada.
(b) The ship was delayed in its departure because of weather.
(c) Pi was excited about leaving, but his mother was sad.
(d) Other families on the ship were going to Canada as well.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
(a) He will probably remain nameless throughout the story.
(b) He is the main character.
(c) He is a relative of the main character.
(d) The author uses him only as a means to tell the story.
5. What happened when the two Mr. Kumars in Pi's life meet by chance at the zoo?
(a) Pi gave them both carrots to feed the zebras.
(b) Nothing. After an introduction they each went their separate ways.
(c) Pi invited both Mr. Kumars to stay for tea at the zoo.
(d) The two Mr. Kumars discussed Pi's interfaith practices.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
2. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
3. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
4. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
5. What was the main character named after?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)