|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi do the first day in the life boat?
(a) He made himself secure.
(b) He explored the life boat.
(c) He helped the animals on board.
(d) He kept alert looking for survivors and rescue teams.
2. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
(a) It doesn't like the trainer or zookeeper.
(b) Its territory is invaded.
(c) It is mean.
(d) It is hungry.
3. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His mother told him it was his father's decision.
(b) His mother was supportive of him as soon as he asked.
(c) His mother conceded to his wishes, but only after he argued with her.
(d) His mother did not concede to his wishes.
4. What was the main character named after?
(a) His father.
(b) A famous landmark.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) A swimming pool.
5. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
(a) The lion must know who is boss, which will make it feel secure.
(b) All lions want to be dominated.
(c) The trainer must show the lion he is physically stronger.
(d) Only female lions are used in the circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, which of the following was a reason why Pi decided to get back into the lifeboat?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
3. How did Pi spend his second night on the lifeboat?
4. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
5. What does the author say was strange about the ecosystem in the lifeboat on the second day?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)