|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How important is religion to Pi?
(a) It is somewhat important.
(b) It is not important at all.
(c) It is important depending on the circumstances.
(d) It is very important.
2. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
(a) That Pi should spend more time studying.
(b) On politics.
(c) On the sacredness of the zoo.
(d) That all religions were basically the same.
3. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
(a) He has no specific reason for doing this.
(b) Because people like to read books with happy endings.
(c) So the reader will not feel so sad.
(d) So the reader will continue reading the story.
4. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
(a) One day when he was riding his bike home from Mr. Kumar's, the Muslim.
(b) When he watched the Muslim shopkeeper.
(c) When he was praying in the mosque.
(d) When he was praying in the Christian church.
5. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) They just want Pi to be happy.
(b) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
(c) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
(d) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
2. Why did Pi throw himself out of the lifeboat?
3. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
4. During the first night on the lifeboat, what did the hyena do?
5. What is the omega animal?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)