|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main character grew up in what country?
(d) United States.
2. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
(a) When they want to return to their prior home.
(b) When they are unhappy.
(c) When they don't like their habitat.
(d) When they are hungry.
3. What happened after the meeting of Pi's parents and his religious teachers?
(a) Pi went to bed.
(b) They all had tea together.
(c) Pi's family went out for ice cream.
(d) Pi went off by himself to think about the meeting.
4. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
(a) Only female lions are used in the circus.
(b) The trainer must show the lion he is physically stronger.
(c) All lions want to be dominated.
(d) The lion must know who is boss, which will make it feel secure.
5. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
(b) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
(c) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
(d) They just want Pi to be happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pi, when have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
3. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
5. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)