|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say was strange about the ecosystem in the lifeboat on the second day?
(a) Two wild animals slept in the boat.
(b) The hyena was in the boat.
(c) The hyena and a human were in the same boat.
(d) The hyena and orangutan existed side by side and ignored each other.
2. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
(a) He was not seasick.
(b) He went to sleep early the night before.
(c) He didn't get killed by a falling zebra.
(d) He was mobile enough to get in the lifeboat.
3. What did Pi do the first day in the life boat?
(a) He helped the animals on board.
(b) He made himself secure.
(c) He explored the life boat.
(d) He kept alert looking for survivors and rescue teams.
4. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His father thought it was a good idea.
(b) His father just wanted Pi to be happy.
(c) His father didn't question him about this decision.
(d) His father said to talk to his mother about it.
5. As Pi was losing hope, his courage rose and what did he no longer fear?
(a) Sleeping in the boat.
(b) Going hungry.
(c) The hyena.
(d) The tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pi think that the hyena did not attack him?
2. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
3. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
4. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
5. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)