|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) The paperwork took that long.
(b) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(c) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
(d) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
2. As night fell on his first day in the lifeboat, why did Pi become scared?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) It would be dark and rescue boats wouldn't see him.
(c) He didn't know what would happen.
(d) He knew the hyena was capable of hurting him.
3. How important is religion to Pi?
(a) It is not important at all.
(b) It is important depending on the circumstances.
(c) It is somewhat important.
(d) It is very important.
4. On the first day, what animals did Pi think were on the lifeboat?
(a) Two hyenas, a zebra, and a dog.
(b) A hyena, a zebra, an orangutan, and a monkey.
(c) A hyena, a zebra, and an orangutan.
(d) A zebra, an orangutan, a dog, and a hyena.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 30, what does the author say he learned about Pi when they met?
(a) That Pi was married.
(b) That Pi was twice divorced.
(c) That Pi did not believe in marriage.
(d) That Pi's wife's name is Meena and she is a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
3. What happened after the meeting of Pi's parents and his religious teachers?
4. Why did Pi throw himself out of the lifeboat?
5. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)