|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 47 | Part 2 Chapter 48 | Part 2 Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pi, when have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
(a) When the animals reproduce.
(b) When the animals eat well.
(c) When the animals don't try to get out.
(d) When the animals get along with humans.
2. How did Pi spend his second night on the lifeboat?
(b) Crying with grief about his family.
(c) Walking about the boat.
(d) Swimming and sleeping.
3. What did Pi do the first day in the life boat?
(a) He helped the animals on board.
(b) He made himself secure.
(c) He explored the life boat.
(d) He kept alert looking for survivors and rescue teams.
4. Why does Pi think that the hyena did not attack him?
(a) Because the hyena had not yet gotten to him.
(b) Because the hyena wasn't hungry.
(c) Because the tiger was in the boat.
(d) Because Pi had not yet gotten close enough to him.
5. How did Pi end up in the lifeboat?
(a) He was thrown overboard and landed there.
(b) It was his assigned lifeboat and he went there as the ship sank.
(c) He fell off the ship and swam to the lifeboat.
(d) His father put him there as the ship was sinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the hyena killed the zebra, what did the hyena do?
2. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
3. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
4. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
5. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)