|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened at the meeting with Pi's parents and his three religious teachers?
(a) They agreed Pi should continue exploring his religious beliefs.
(b) Each teacher thought their religions had similarities.
(c) Each teacher thought Pi was more faithful to his religion than to the others.
(d) They all agreed Pi could be a Hindu, Muslim, and Christian at the same time.
2. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
(b) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
(c) They just want Pi to be happy.
(d) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
3. Which is the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
(a) Pi went to a Hindu temple after he went to the Christian church.
(b) Pi did not feel he belonged in the Christian church.
(c) Pi thought the story about Jesus to be odd.
(d) Pi told Father Martin that he wanted to become a Christian.
4. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
(a) When they want to return to their prior home.
(b) When they are unhappy.
(c) When they are hungry.
(d) When they don't like their habitat.
5. Why did Pi throw himself out of the lifeboat?
(a) He realized he was in a boat with a Bengal tiger.
(b) He was hot and he thought he could cool off in the water.
(c) He thought he saw another lifeboat that might be safer.
(d) Someone called to him to swim to another boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
2. How did Pi end up in the lifeboat?
3. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
5. What did Pi say at the meeting of his parents and his religious teachers?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)