|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
(a) His wedding.
(b) His time in Brazil.
(c) His life in India.
(d) His time at the University of Toronto.
2. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
3. Which of the following statements is true about Pi's parents' practice of their religion?
(a) Pi's father was raised as a Hindu, but had been schooled as a Baptist.
(b) Pi's parents practiced their Hindu religion faithfully all the time.
(c) Pi's mother had a Hindu upbringing, but had been schooled as a Presbyterian.
(d) Pi's parents were not very religious.
4. How important is religion to Pi?
(a) It is not important at all.
(b) It is important depending on the circumstances.
(c) It is very important.
(d) It is somewhat important.
5. On the first day, what animals did Pi think were on the lifeboat?
(a) A zebra, an orangutan, a dog, and a hyena.
(b) A hyena, a zebra, an orangutan, and a monkey.
(c) Two hyenas, a zebra, and a dog.
(d) A hyena, a zebra, and an orangutan.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 30, what does the author say he learned about Pi when they met?
2. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
3. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
4. How did Pi end up in the lifeboat?
5. Which is the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)