|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
2. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
(a) A cat living with a lion.
(b) Sheep living with a rhino.
(c) Monkeys living with a zebra.
(d) A mouse living with a viper.
3. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
(a) When they want to return to their prior home.
(b) When they are hungry.
(c) When they don't like their habitat.
(d) When they are unhappy.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
(a) His wedding.
(b) His time in Brazil.
(c) His life in India.
(d) His time at the University of Toronto.
5. How did Pi end up in the lifeboat?
(a) He fell off the ship and swam to the lifeboat.
(b) It was his assigned lifeboat and he went there as the ship sank.
(c) His father put him there as the ship was sinking.
(d) He was thrown overboard and landed there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
2. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
3. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
4. What did Pi say at the meeting of his parents and his religious teachers?
5. When the hyena began to act strangely, what did Pi do?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)