|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main character named after?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) A famous landmark.
2. Who is Mamji?
(a) A respectful, affectionate term for an older person.
(b) A person who worked for Pi's father at the zoo.
(c) A person who used to be a competitive swimmer.
(d) A person who studied in England for two years.
3. How important is religion to Pi?
(a) It is important depending on the circumstances.
(b) It is somewhat important.
(c) It is very important.
(d) It is not important at all.
4. What happened when the two Mr. Kumars in Pi's life meet by chance at the zoo?
(a) Pi gave them both carrots to feed the zebras.
(b) Nothing. After an introduction they each went their separate ways.
(c) Pi invited both Mr. Kumars to stay for tea at the zoo.
(d) The two Mr. Kumars discussed Pi's interfaith practices.
5. Symbolically, what does it mean when the storm clears?
(a) That there would be no more rain.
(b) That the worst may be over.
(c) That bad things happen to good people.
(d) That good always follows bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Antieji?
2. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
4. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
5. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)