|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, which of the following was a reason why Pi decided to get back into the lifeboat?
(a) He knew the tiger would not hurt him.
(b) He wanted to get dry.
(c) He was cold and tired.
(d) There was a shark in the water.
2. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
3. Symbolically, what does it mean when the storm clears?
(a) That there would be no more rain.
(b) That the worst may be over.
(c) That good always follows bad.
(d) That bad things happen to good people.
4. What happened at the meeting with Pi's parents and his three religious teachers?
(a) Each teacher thought their religions had similarities.
(b) Each teacher thought Pi was more faithful to his religion than to the others.
(c) They agreed Pi should continue exploring his religious beliefs.
(d) They all agreed Pi could be a Hindu, Muslim, and Christian at the same time.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 30, what does the author say he learned about Pi when they met?
(a) That Pi was married.
(b) That Pi was twice divorced.
(c) That Pi did not believe in marriage.
(d) That Pi's wife's name is Meena and she is a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the first day, what animals did Pi think were on the lifeboat?
2. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
3. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
4. What did Pi do the first day in the life boat?
5. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)