|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
(a) He works in the zoo.
(b) He is a great cook with an extensive spice collection.
(c) He teaches the main character about animals.
(d) He likes to swim.
2. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
(b) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(c) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(d) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
3. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
(a) When they are unhappy.
(b) When they are hungry.
(c) When they want to return to their prior home.
(d) When they don't like their habitat.
4. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His mother told him it was his father's decision.
(b) His mother conceded to his wishes, but only after he argued with her.
(c) His mother did not concede to his wishes.
(d) His mother was supportive of him as soon as he asked.
5. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
(a) What his mother looked like.
(b) What his father looked like.
(c) What Richard Parker looked like.
(d) What his brother looked like.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
3. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
4. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
5. Which of the following statements is true about Pi's parents' practice of their religion?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)