|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the hyena began to act strangely, what did Pi do?
(a) Sat still and thought about the predatory powers of the hyena.
(b) Hid under the tarp.
(c) Tried to quiet the hyena by distracting it.
(d) Jumped back into the water.
2. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(b) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
(c) The paperwork took that long.
(d) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
3. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
(a) To give the reader some background about the man.
(b) To confuse the reader.
(c) To tell the reader how the author discovered the story.
(d) To add some mysteriousness to the story.
4. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
(a) They would like to return to the wild.
(b) They were fearful of the other animals in the zoo.
(c) They were happy living in the zoo.
(d) They were not happy living in the zoo.
5. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
(a) His father showed them how quickly animals could kill them.
(b) His father told them none of the animals could be touched.
(c) They watched a tiger eat a goat.
(d) His father told them not to try and pet a tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
3. Which is the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
4. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
5. What was the reaction of Pi's parents to Pi's explorations and practices of various religions?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)