|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
2. What was the main character named after?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) A famous landmark.
3. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
(a) There was a general alarm to alert everyone that the ship was sinking.
(b) Acccording to Pi's brother, there had been some problem with the engines.
(c) Pi found rising water blocking his way when he tried to return to his room.
(d) Pi woke up and decided to go exploring.
4. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(b) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
(c) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(d) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
5. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(b) The paperwork took that long.
(c) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
(d) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
2. When the hyena began to act strangely, what did Pi do?
3. When Pi got back into the lifeboat in Part 2, who did he see look out from under the tarp?
4. What was the reaction of Pi's parents to Pi's explorations and practices of various religions?
5. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)