|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How important is religion to Pi?
(a) It is very important.
(b) It is important depending on the circumstances.
(c) It is not important at all.
(d) It is somewhat important.
2. According to Pi, when have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
(a) When the animals eat well.
(b) When the animals don't try to get out.
(c) When the animals get along with humans.
(d) When the animals reproduce.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
(a) A Mexican hospital.
(b) A Mexican restaurant.
(c) An English restaurant.
(d) A Canadian hospital.
4. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
(a) No, but it made Pi feel uncomfortable.
(b) Yes. It represents the two sides of Pi's character--his piety and his interest in creation.
(c) Yes. It signifies that Pi has not yet assimilated what he has learned from the two Mr. Kumars.
(d) No. It was just an event that happened.
5. What is the omega animal?
(a) The hardest animal to train.
(b) The one with the highest social standing in their group.
(c) The one with the lowest social standing in their group.
(d) The animal that is given the easiest tricks to learn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
2. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 30, what does the author say he learned about Pi when they met?
4. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
5. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)