|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
(a) Satish Kumar, the Sufi, and Mamji.
(b) Mamji and Pi's father.
(c) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Mamji.
(d) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Satish Kumar, the Sufi.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
(a) To make the reader aware of the author's religious beliefs.
(b) To help the reader understand Pi better.
(c) To make the reader aware that the author likes Pi.
(d) To help the reader know what the author thinks.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
(a) Pi's wife.
(b) Pi's cat.
(c) Pi's son.
(d) Pi's daughter.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
(a) His life in India.
(b) His time at the University of Toronto.
(c) His time in Brazil.
(d) His wedding.
5. What was the reaction of Pi's parents to Pi's explorations and practices of various religions?
(a) They thought he was doing the right thing.
(b) They wanted him to choose one faith and practice it.
(c) They were uncomfortable with his religious practices.
(d) They wanted him to stop exploring religions and settle on one.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
2. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
3. The main character grew up in what country?
4. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
5. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)