|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true about Pi's family's departure from India?
(a) Other families on the ship were going to Canada as well.
(b) The whole family was excited about going to Canada.
(c) Pi was excited about leaving, but his mother was sad.
(d) The ship was delayed in its departure because of weather.
2. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
(a) Old buildings.
(b) Animal cruelty.
3. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(b) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(c) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
(d) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
4. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
(a) He was there before Pi got in.
(b) Pi doesn't know how he got there.
(c) He jumped into the boat from the ship.
(d) Pi helped him swim to the boat by throwing him a life buoy.
5. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
2. Which is the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
3. What happened when the two Mr. Kumars in Pi's life meet by chance at the zoo?
4. The main character grew up in what country?
5. Who is Mamji?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)