|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
(a) There was a general alarm to alert everyone that the ship was sinking.
(b) Pi woke up and decided to go exploring.
(c) Pi found rising water blocking his way when he tried to return to his room.
(d) Acccording to Pi's brother, there had been some problem with the engines.
2. How important is religion to Pi?
(a) It is not important at all.
(b) It is somewhat important.
(c) It is important depending on the circumstances.
(d) It is very important.
3. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
(b) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(c) The paperwork took that long.
(d) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
4. What happened at the meeting with Pi's parents and his three religious teachers?
(a) They agreed Pi should continue exploring his religious beliefs.
(b) They all agreed Pi could be a Hindu, Muslim, and Christian at the same time.
(c) Each teacher thought Pi was more faithful to his religion than to the others.
(d) Each teacher thought their religions had similarities.
5. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
3. Which is the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
4. What did Pi do the first day in the life boat?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)