|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Pi throw himself out of the lifeboat?
(a) He thought he saw another lifeboat that might be safer.
(b) Someone called to him to swim to another boat.
(c) He was hot and he thought he could cool off in the water.
(d) He realized he was in a boat with a Bengal tiger.
2. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His mother conceded to his wishes, but only after he argued with her.
(b) His mother was supportive of him as soon as he asked.
(c) His mother told him it was his father's decision.
(d) His mother did not concede to his wishes.
3. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
(a) Yes. It represents the two sides of Pi's character--his piety and his interest in creation.
(b) Yes. It signifies that Pi has not yet assimilated what he has learned from the two Mr. Kumars.
(c) No. It was just an event that happened.
(d) No, but it made Pi feel uncomfortable.
4. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
(a) He was not seasick.
(b) He went to sleep early the night before.
(c) He was mobile enough to get in the lifeboat.
(d) He didn't get killed by a falling zebra.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
(a) The author uses him only as a means to tell the story.
(b) He is a relative of the main character.
(c) He will probably remain nameless throughout the story.
(d) He is the main character.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
2. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
3. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
5. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)