|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
(a) His time in Brazil.
(b) His time at the University of Toronto.
(c) His wedding.
(d) His life in India.
2. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
(a) Mr. Kumar was an agnostic.
(b) Mr. Kumar was a good looking man who believed in God.
(c) Mr. Kumar was the reason Pi studied theology.
(d) Mr. Kumar was a Communist and atheist.
3. Why did Pi throw himself out of the lifeboat?
(a) He thought he saw another lifeboat that might be safer.
(b) He realized he was in a boat with a Bengal tiger.
(c) He was hot and he thought he could cool off in the water.
(d) Someone called to him to swim to another boat.
4. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
(a) When he was praying in the Christian church.
(b) One day when he was riding his bike home from Mr. Kumar's, the Muslim.
(c) When he was praying in the mosque.
(d) When he watched the Muslim shopkeeper.
5. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
(a) A cat living with a lion.
(b) Monkeys living with a zebra.
(c) A mouse living with a viper.
(d) Sheep living with a rhino.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main character grew up in what country?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
4. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
5. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)