|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true about Pi's family's departure from India?
(a) The whole family was excited about going to Canada.
(b) The ship was delayed in its departure because of weather.
(c) Other families on the ship were going to Canada as well.
(d) Pi was excited about leaving, but his mother was sad.
2. Why did Pi throw himself out of the lifeboat?
(a) He was hot and he thought he could cool off in the water.
(b) He thought he saw another lifeboat that might be safer.
(c) Someone called to him to swim to another boat.
(d) He realized he was in a boat with a Bengal tiger.
3. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
(a) His father thought there would be changes in India because of Mrs. Ghandi.
(b) His father wanted to give Pi a broader view of life and religion.
(c) His father hoped to provide a better life for the family in Canada.
(d) His father worried about the political situation in India.
4. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
(a) They were happy living in the zoo.
(b) They were not happy living in the zoo.
(c) They would like to return to the wild.
(d) They were fearful of the other animals in the zoo.
5. Who is Antieji?
(a) Pi's foster mother in Toronto.
(b) Pi's aunt.
(c) Pi's best friend.
(d) Pi's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
2. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
3. How important is religion to Pi?
4. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
5. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)