|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
2. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
(b) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(c) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(d) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
3. Which of the following is true about Pi's family's departure from India?
(a) The ship was delayed in its departure because of weather.
(b) The whole family was excited about going to Canada.
(c) Pi was excited about leaving, but his mother was sad.
(d) Other families on the ship were going to Canada as well.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
(a) His time in Brazil.
(b) His wedding.
(c) His life in India.
(d) His time at the University of Toronto.
5. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
(a) They were fearful of the other animals in the zoo.
(b) They would like to return to the wild.
(c) They were happy living in the zoo.
(d) They were not happy living in the zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main character grew up in what country?
2. As Pi was in the lifeboat, what animal floated by and got into the boat?
3. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
4. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
5. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)