|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Symbolically, what does it mean when the storm clears?
(a) That bad things happen to good people.
(b) That there would be no more rain.
(c) That good always follows bad.
(d) That the worst may be over.
2. Which of the following statements is true about Pi's parents' practice of their religion?
(a) Pi's mother had a Hindu upbringing, but had been schooled as a Presbyterian.
(b) Pi's father was raised as a Hindu, but had been schooled as a Baptist.
(c) Pi's parents were not very religious.
(d) Pi's parents practiced their Hindu religion faithfully all the time.
3. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
(a) Talked to his religious teachers.
(b) Attended Hindu temple only at quiet times.
(c) Lingered after Muslim prayers.
(d) Changed Christian churches.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
(a) He will probably remain nameless throughout the story.
(b) He is the main character.
(c) He is a relative of the main character.
(d) The author uses him only as a means to tell the story.
5. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(b) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
(c) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
(d) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
2. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
4. On the first day, what animals did Pi think were on the lifeboat?
5. When Pi got back into the lifeboat in Part 2, who did he see look out from under the tarp?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)