|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
(a) To confuse the reader.
(b) To give the reader some background about the man.
(c) To add some mysteriousness to the story.
(d) To tell the reader how the author discovered the story.
2. According to Pi, when have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
(a) When the animals get along with humans.
(b) When the animals reproduce.
(c) When the animals don't try to get out.
(d) When the animals eat well.
3. Which of the following statements is true about Pi's parents' practice of their religion?
(a) Pi's parents practiced their Hindu religion faithfully all the time.
(b) Pi's parents were not very religious.
(c) Pi's father was raised as a Hindu, but had been schooled as a Baptist.
(d) Pi's mother had a Hindu upbringing, but had been schooled as a Presbyterian.
4. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
(a) When he watched the Muslim shopkeeper.
(b) When he was praying in the Christian church.
(c) When he was praying in the mosque.
(d) One day when he was riding his bike home from Mr. Kumar's, the Muslim.
5. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
(a) Religious temples.
(c) Tea estates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi say at the meeting of his parents and his religious teachers?
2. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
4. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
5. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)