|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
(a) All lions want to be dominated.
(b) The trainer must show the lion he is physically stronger.
(c) The lion must know who is boss, which will make it feel secure.
(d) Only female lions are used in the circus.
2. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
(a) When they don't like their habitat.
(b) When they are hungry.
(c) When they want to return to their prior home.
(d) When they are unhappy.
3. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
4. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(b) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
(c) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(d) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
5. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
(a) Tea estates.
(c) Religious temples.
Short Answer Questions
1. How important is religion to Pi?
2. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
3. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
4. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
5. Why did Pi throw himself out of the lifeboat?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)