|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pi was in the lifeboat, what animal floated by and got into the boat?
(a) A dog.
(b) Another hyena.
(c) An orangutan.
(d) A monkey.
2. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
(a) Yes. It represents the two sides of Pi's character--his piety and his interest in creation.
(b) Yes. It signifies that Pi has not yet assimilated what he has learned from the two Mr. Kumars.
(c) No. It was just an event that happened.
(d) No, but it made Pi feel uncomfortable.
3. Which of the following statements is true about Pi's parents' practice of their religion?
(a) Pi's father was raised as a Hindu, but had been schooled as a Baptist.
(b) Pi's parents practiced their Hindu religion faithfully all the time.
(c) Pi's mother had a Hindu upbringing, but had been schooled as a Presbyterian.
(d) Pi's parents were not very religious.
4. What happened after the meeting of Pi's parents and his religious teachers?
(a) Pi's family went out for ice cream.
(b) They all had tea together.
(c) Pi went off by himself to think about the meeting.
(d) Pi went to bed.
5. What was the main character named after?
(a) His father.
(b) A famous landmark.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) A swimming pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi say at the meeting of his parents and his religious teachers?
2. According to the author, which of the following was a reason why Pi decided to get back into the lifeboat?
3. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
4. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)