|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
(a) The actual baptism was, for him, as refreshing as a warm summer rain.
(b) It was an uncomfortable event for Pi.
(c) The actual baptism involved only a trickle of water poured over his head.
(d) His father, mother and brother came, even though it was against their will.
2. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His father said to talk to his mother about it.
(b) His father didn't question him about this decision.
(c) His father just wanted Pi to be happy.
(d) His father thought it was a good idea.
3. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His mother was supportive of him as soon as he asked.
(b) His mother did not concede to his wishes.
(c) His mother conceded to his wishes, but only after he argued with her.
(d) His mother told him it was his father's decision.
4. What religion is Pi?
5. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
(a) He was there before Pi got in.
(b) Pi helped him swim to the boat by throwing him a life buoy.
(c) Pi doesn't know how he got there.
(d) He jumped into the boat from the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi do the first day in the life boat?
2. On the first day, what animals did Pi think were on the lifeboat?
3. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
4. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
5. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)