|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 41 | Part 2 Chapter 42 | Part 2 Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened after the meeting of Pi's parents and his religious teachers?
(a) Pi went to bed.
(b) Pi's family went out for ice cream.
(c) They all had tea together.
(d) Pi went off by himself to think about the meeting.
2. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
(a) It doesn't like the trainer or zookeeper.
(b) It is mean.
(c) It is hungry.
(d) Its territory is invaded.
3. What is the omega animal?
(a) The one with the highest social standing in their group.
(b) The animal that is given the easiest tricks to learn.
(c) The one with the lowest social standing in their group.
(d) The hardest animal to train.
4. When the hyena began to act strangely, what did Pi do?
(a) Hid under the tarp.
(b) Tried to quiet the hyena by distracting it.
(c) Sat still and thought about the predatory powers of the hyena.
(d) Jumped back into the water.
5. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main character named after?
2. According to the author, which of the following was a reason why Pi decided to get back into the lifeboat?
3. What happened at the meeting with Pi's parents and his three religious teachers?
4. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
5. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)