|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 25 | Part 1 Chapter 26 | Part 1 Chapter 27 | Part 1 Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
(a) When he watched the Muslim shopkeeper.
(b) When he was praying in the mosque.
(c) One day when he was riding his bike home from Mr. Kumar's, the Muslim.
(d) When he was praying in the Christian church.
2. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
(a) When they don't like their habitat.
(b) When they want to return to their prior home.
(c) When they are unhappy.
(d) When they are hungry.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
(a) An English restaurant.
(b) A Mexican restaurant.
(c) A Canadian hospital.
(d) A Mexican hospital.
4. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
(a) She roamed the countryside killing small animals.
(b) She shared her habitat with a male that she did not get along with.
(c) She lived for ten weeks before she was captured.
(d) She escaped during the day when the zookeeper left her cage open.
5. What happened at the meeting with Pi's parents and his three religious teachers?
(a) They agreed Pi should continue exploring his religious beliefs.
(b) Each teacher thought Pi was more faithful to his religion than to the others.
(c) They all agreed Pi could be a Hindu, Muslim, and Christian at the same time.
(d) Each teacher thought their religions had similarities.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
2. What happened after the meeting of Pi's parents and his religious teachers?
3. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
4. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
5. How important is religion to Pi?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)