|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 25 | Part 1 Chapter 26 | Part 1 Chapter 27 | Part 1 Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His mother was supportive of him as soon as he asked.
(b) His mother did not concede to his wishes.
(c) His mother conceded to his wishes, but only after he argued with her.
(d) His mother told him it was his father's decision.
2. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His father said to talk to his mother about it.
(b) His father just wanted Pi to be happy.
(c) His father thought it was a good idea.
(d) His father didn't question him about this decision.
3. What happened after the meeting of Pi's parents and his religious teachers?
(a) Pi's family went out for ice cream.
(b) Pi went off by himself to think about the meeting.
(c) They all had tea together.
(d) Pi went to bed.
4. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
(a) On the sacredness of the zoo.
(b) On politics.
(c) That Pi should spend more time studying.
(d) That all religions were basically the same.
5. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
(a) By studying at school.
(b) By talking to his friends.
(c) By listening to his parents.
(d) By discovering the Muslim section of his town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
2. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
3. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
4. Which of the following statements is true about Pi's parents' practice of their religion?
5. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)