|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 25 | Part 1 Chapter 26 | Part 1 Chapter 27 | Part 1 Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the omega animal?
(a) The one with the highest social standing in their group.
(b) The hardest animal to train.
(c) The one with the lowest social standing in their group.
(d) The animal that is given the easiest tricks to learn.
2. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
(a) To make the reader aware that the author likes Pi.
(b) To make the reader aware of the author's religious beliefs.
(c) To help the reader understand Pi better.
(d) To help the reader know what the author thinks.
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
(a) He used it outside.
(b) He lost it.
(c) He used it in the mosque.
(d) It reminded him of the sacredness of the earth.
5. What was the main character named after?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) A famous landmark.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
2. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
3. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
4. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
5. What happened at the meeting with Pi's parents and his three religious teachers?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)