|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 25 | Part 1 Chapter 26 | Part 1 Chapter 27 | Part 1 Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
(a) By studying at school.
(b) By talking to his friends.
(c) By discovering the Muslim section of his town.
(d) By listening to his parents.
2. What was the reaction of Pi's parents to Pi's explorations and practices of various religions?
(a) They wanted him to stop exploring religions and settle on one.
(b) They were uncomfortable with his religious practices.
(c) They wanted him to choose one faith and practice it.
(d) They thought he was doing the right thing.
3. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
(a) They were fearful of the other animals in the zoo.
(b) They were not happy living in the zoo.
(c) They were happy living in the zoo.
(d) They would like to return to the wild.
4. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
(a) To tell the reader how the author discovered the story.
(b) To give the reader some background about the man.
(c) To confuse the reader.
(d) To add some mysteriousness to the story.
5. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
(a) When they are unhappy.
(b) When they want to return to their prior home.
(c) When they are hungry.
(d) When they don't like their habitat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Pi?
2. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
3. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
4. What was the main character named after?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)