|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 25 | Part 1 Chapter 26 | Part 1 Chapter 27 | Part 1 Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
(a) By talking to his friends.
(b) By listening to his parents.
(c) By discovering the Muslim section of his town.
(d) By studying at school.
2. What did Pi say at the meeting of his parents and his religious teachers?
(a) He just wanted to love God.
(b) He would think about they said.
(c) The religions were similar.
(d) He wanted to study more about the religions.
3. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
(b) Tea estates.
(d) Religious temples.
4. Who is Mamji?
(a) A person who studied in England for two years.
(b) A respectful, affectionate term for an older person.
(c) A person who worked for Pi's father at the zoo.
(d) A person who used to be a competitive swimmer.
5. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
(a) He is a great cook with an extensive spice collection.
(b) He likes to swim.
(c) He works in the zoo.
(d) He teaches the main character about animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main character named after?
2. Who is Antieji?
3. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
5. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)