|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 25 | Part 1 Chapter 26 | Part 1 Chapter 27 | Part 1 Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
(a) Old buildings.
(c) Animal cruelty.
2. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
(b) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
(c) They just want Pi to be happy.
(d) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
3. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
(a) Only female lions are used in the circus.
(b) All lions want to be dominated.
(c) The lion must know who is boss, which will make it feel secure.
(d) The trainer must show the lion he is physically stronger.
4. What did Pi say at the meeting of his parents and his religious teachers?
(a) He would think about they said.
(b) The religions were similar.
(c) He just wanted to love God.
(d) He wanted to study more about the religions.
5. Which of the following statements is true about Pi's parents' practice of their religion?
(a) Pi's mother had a Hindu upbringing, but had been schooled as a Presbyterian.
(b) Pi's parents practiced their Hindu religion faithfully all the time.
(c) Pi's parents were not very religious.
(d) Pi's father was raised as a Hindu, but had been schooled as a Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main character grew up in what country?
2. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
3. Who is Mamji?
4. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
5. According to Pi, when have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)