|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 25 | Part 1 Chapter 26 | Part 1 Chapter 27 | Part 1 Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How important is religion to Pi?
(a) It is very important.
(b) It is not important at all.
(c) It is important depending on the circumstances.
(d) It is somewhat important.
2. What is the omega animal?
(a) The one with the lowest social standing in their group.
(b) The animal that is given the easiest tricks to learn.
(c) The one with the highest social standing in their group.
(d) The hardest animal to train.
3. Who is Mamji?
(a) A person who used to be a competitive swimmer.
(b) A respectful, affectionate term for an older person.
(c) A person who worked for Pi's father at the zoo.
(d) A person who studied in England for two years.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
(a) A Mexican hospital.
(b) A Canadian hospital.
(c) A Mexican restaurant.
(d) An English restaurant.
5. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
(a) His father told them not to try and pet a tiger.
(b) His father told them none of the animals could be touched.
(c) They watched a tiger eat a goat.
(d) His father showed them how quickly animals could kill them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pi, when have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
2. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
3. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
4. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
5. What religion is Pi?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)