|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 25 | Part 1 Chapter 26 | Part 1 Chapter 27 | Part 1 Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
(a) To make the reader aware of the author's religious beliefs.
(b) To make the reader aware that the author likes Pi.
(c) To help the reader know what the author thinks.
(d) To help the reader understand Pi better.
2. What happened after the meeting of Pi's parents and his religious teachers?
(a) They all had tea together.
(b) Pi went to bed.
(c) Pi went off by himself to think about the meeting.
(d) Pi's family went out for ice cream.
3. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
(a) On politics.
(b) That all religions were basically the same.
(c) That Pi should spend more time studying.
(d) On the sacredness of the zoo.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
(a) He is the main character.
(b) The author uses him only as a means to tell the story.
(c) He is a relative of the main character.
(d) He will probably remain nameless throughout the story.
5. What was the reaction of Pi's parents to Pi's explorations and practices of various religions?
(a) They thought he was doing the right thing.
(b) They were uncomfortable with his religious practices.
(c) They wanted him to choose one faith and practice it.
(d) They wanted him to stop exploring religions and settle on one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is true about Pi's parents' practice of their religion?
2. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
3. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)