|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 25 | Part 1 Chapter 26 | Part 1 Chapter 27 | Part 1 Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
(a) She lived for ten weeks before she was captured.
(b) She roamed the countryside killing small animals.
(c) She shared her habitat with a male that she did not get along with.
(d) She escaped during the day when the zookeeper left her cage open.
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
(a) It was an uncomfortable event for Pi.
(b) The actual baptism was, for him, as refreshing as a warm summer rain.
(c) His father, mother and brother came, even though it was against their will.
(d) The actual baptism involved only a trickle of water poured over his head.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
(a) The author uses him only as a means to tell the story.
(b) He is the main character.
(c) He will probably remain nameless throughout the story.
(d) He is a relative of the main character.
4. Which of the following statements is true about Pi's parents' practice of their religion?
(a) Pi's father was raised as a Hindu, but had been schooled as a Baptist.
(b) Pi's parents were not very religious.
(c) Pi's parents practiced their Hindu religion faithfully all the time.
(d) Pi's mother had a Hindu upbringing, but had been schooled as a Presbyterian.
5. What religion is Pi?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
2. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
3. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
4. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
5. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)