|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 25 | Part 1 Chapter 26 | Part 1 Chapter 27 | Part 1 Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
(a) The author uses him only as a means to tell the story.
(b) He is the main character.
(c) He will probably remain nameless throughout the story.
(d) He is a relative of the main character.
2. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
(b) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
(c) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
(d) They just want Pi to be happy.
3. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
4. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
(a) Changed Christian churches.
(b) Talked to his religious teachers.
(c) Lingered after Muslim prayers.
(d) Attended Hindu temple only at quiet times.
5. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
(a) All lions want to be dominated.
(b) The trainer must show the lion he is physically stronger.
(c) The lion must know who is boss, which will make it feel secure.
(d) Only female lions are used in the circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
2. Who is Antieji?
3. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
4. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
5. The main character grew up in what country?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)