|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 25 | Part 1 Chapter 26 | Part 1 Chapter 27 | Part 1 Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
(b) Tea estates.
(c) Religious temples.
2. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
(b) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
(c) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
(d) They just want Pi to be happy.
3. What did Pi say at the meeting of his parents and his religious teachers?
(a) He would think about they said.
(b) He wanted to study more about the religions.
(c) He just wanted to love God.
(d) The religions were similar.
4. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
(a) He likes to swim.
(b) He works in the zoo.
(c) He is a great cook with an extensive spice collection.
(d) He teaches the main character about animals.
5. What happened at the meeting with Pi's parents and his three religious teachers?
(a) Each teacher thought Pi was more faithful to his religion than to the others.
(b) They agreed Pi should continue exploring his religious beliefs.
(c) They all agreed Pi could be a Hindu, Muslim, and Christian at the same time.
(d) Each teacher thought their religions had similarities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mamji?
2. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
3. Who is Antieji?
4. How important is religion to Pi?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 21, what is the author's purpose in writing about what he thinks after interviewing Pi?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)