|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
(a) They were fearful of the other animals in the zoo.
(b) They were not happy living in the zoo.
(c) They would like to return to the wild.
(d) They were happy living in the zoo.
2. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
3. Which is the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
(a) Pi told Father Martin that he wanted to become a Christian.
(b) Pi did not feel he belonged in the Christian church.
(c) Pi went to a Hindu temple after he went to the Christian church.
(d) Pi thought the story about Jesus to be odd.
4. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
(a) To confuse the reader.
(b) To add some mysteriousness to the story.
(c) To give the reader some background about the man.
(d) To tell the reader how the author discovered the story.
5. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
(b) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(c) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(d) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main character named after?
2. Who is Mamji?
3. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
4. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)