|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
(a) To tell the reader how the author discovered the story.
(b) To add some mysteriousness to the story.
(c) To give the reader some background about the man.
(d) To confuse the reader.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
(a) The author uses him only as a means to tell the story.
(b) He is the main character.
(c) He is a relative of the main character.
(d) He will probably remain nameless throughout the story.
3. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
(a) When they don't like their habitat.
(b) When they want to return to their prior home.
(c) When they are unhappy.
(d) When they are hungry.
4. How important is religion to Pi?
(a) It is somewhat important.
(b) It is very important.
(c) It is not important at all.
(d) It is important depending on the circumstances.
5. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
2. What was the main character named after?
3. Who is Antieji?
4. The main character grew up in what country?
5. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)