|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
(a) A Mexican restaurant.
(b) An English restaurant.
(c) A Canadian hospital.
(d) A Mexican hospital.
2. What is the omega animal?
(a) The one with the highest social standing in their group.
(b) The animal that is given the easiest tricks to learn.
(c) The one with the lowest social standing in their group.
(d) The hardest animal to train.
3. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
(a) Mr. Kumar was the reason Pi studied theology.
(b) Mr. Kumar was a Communist and atheist.
(c) Mr. Kumar was a good looking man who believed in God.
(d) Mr. Kumar was an agnostic.
4. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
(a) His father told them none of the animals could be touched.
(b) They watched a tiger eat a goat.
(c) His father showed them how quickly animals could kill them.
(d) His father told them not to try and pet a tiger.
5. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
(a) They would like to return to the wild.
(b) They were happy living in the zoo.
(c) They were not happy living in the zoo.
(d) They were fearful of the other animals in the zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mamji?
2. According to Pi, when have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
3. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
4. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)