|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
(a) Religious temples.
(d) Tea estates.
2. Who is Mamji?
(a) A person who studied in England for two years.
(b) A person who used to be a competitive swimmer.
(c) A respectful, affectionate term for an older person.
(d) A person who worked for Pi's father at the zoo.
3. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
(a) On politics.
(b) That Pi should spend more time studying.
(c) That all religions were basically the same.
(d) On the sacredness of the zoo.
4. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
(a) His father showed them how quickly animals could kill them.
(b) They watched a tiger eat a goat.
(c) His father told them not to try and pet a tiger.
(d) His father told them none of the animals could be touched.
5. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
(a) They were fearful of the other animals in the zoo.
(b) They were not happy living in the zoo.
(c) They would like to return to the wild.
(d) They were happy living in the zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
2. What religion is Pi?
3. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
4. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
5. What was the main character named after?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)