|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion is Pi?
2. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
(a) By studying at school.
(b) By discovering the Muslim section of his town.
(c) By listening to his parents.
(d) By talking to his friends.
3. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
(a) When they don't like their habitat.
(b) When they want to return to their prior home.
(c) When they are hungry.
(d) When they are unhappy.
4. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
(a) They were fearful of the other animals in the zoo.
(b) They were happy living in the zoo.
(c) They would like to return to the wild.
(d) They were not happy living in the zoo.
5. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
(a) He teaches the main character about animals.
(b) He likes to swim.
(c) He is a great cook with an extensive spice collection.
(d) He works in the zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
2. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
4. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
5. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)