|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
(a) They were fearful of the other animals in the zoo.
(b) They were happy living in the zoo.
(c) They were not happy living in the zoo.
(d) They would like to return to the wild.
2. What is the omega animal?
(a) The one with the highest social standing in their group.
(b) The one with the lowest social standing in their group.
(c) The animal that is given the easiest tricks to learn.
(d) The hardest animal to train.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
(a) A Mexican hospital.
(b) A Mexican restaurant.
(c) An English restaurant.
(d) A Canadian hospital.
4. What was the main character named after?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) A famous landmark.
(c) His father.
(d) A swimming pool.
5. The main character grew up in what country?
(d) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
3. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
4. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
5. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)