|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
(b) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(c) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
(d) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
2. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
(a) Old buildings.
(b) Animal cruelty.
3. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
(a) When he was praying in the Christian church.
(b) When he watched the Muslim shopkeeper.
(c) One day when he was riding his bike home from Mr. Kumar's, the Muslim.
(d) When he was praying in the mosque.
4. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
(a) That all religions were basically the same.
(b) On politics.
(c) On the sacredness of the zoo.
(d) That Pi should spend more time studying.
5. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
(a) To confuse the reader.
(b) To tell the reader how the author discovered the story.
(c) To give the reader some background about the man.
(d) To add some mysteriousness to the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the omega animal?
2. The main character grew up in what country?
3. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
4. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
5. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)