|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
(a) The author uses him only as a means to tell the story.
(b) He is the main character.
(c) He will probably remain nameless throughout the story.
(d) He is a relative of the main character.
2. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
(a) He works in the zoo.
(b) He teaches the main character about animals.
(c) He likes to swim.
(d) He is a great cook with an extensive spice collection.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
(a) An English restaurant.
(b) A Mexican hospital.
(c) A Canadian hospital.
(d) A Mexican restaurant.
4. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
(a) They were not happy living in the zoo.
(b) They were happy living in the zoo.
(c) They would like to return to the wild.
(d) They were fearful of the other animals in the zoo.
5. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
2. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
3. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
4. Which is the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
5. Who is Antieji?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)