|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
(a) His father told them none of the animals could be touched.
(b) His father showed them how quickly animals could kill them.
(c) They watched a tiger eat a goat.
(d) His father told them not to try and pet a tiger.
2. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
(b) Animal cruelty.
(c) Old buildings.
3. Who is Mamji?
(a) A person who used to be a competitive swimmer.
(b) A respectful, affectionate term for an older person.
(c) A person who studied in England for two years.
(d) A person who worked for Pi's father at the zoo.
4. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
(a) On politics.
(b) On the sacredness of the zoo.
(c) That Pi should spend more time studying.
(d) That all religions were basically the same.
5. The main character grew up in what country?
(d) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
2. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
3. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
4. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)