|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
(a) It is mean.
(b) It is hungry.
(c) It doesn't like the trainer or zookeeper.
(d) Its territory is invaded.
2. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
(a) When they are hungry.
(b) When they don't like their habitat.
(c) When they are unhappy.
(d) When they want to return to their prior home.
3. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
(a) She shared her habitat with a male that she did not get along with.
(b) She roamed the countryside killing small animals.
(c) She escaped during the day when the zookeeper left her cage open.
(d) She lived for ten weeks before she was captured.
4. What is the omega animal?
(a) The one with the lowest social standing in their group.
(b) The animal that is given the easiest tricks to learn.
(c) The hardest animal to train.
(d) The one with the highest social standing in their group.
5. Who is Antieji?
(a) Pi's best friend.
(b) Pi's cousin.
(c) Pi's aunt.
(d) Pi's foster mother in Toronto.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
2. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
3. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
4. The main character grew up in what country?
5. Who is Mamji?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)