|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
(a) The author uses him only as a means to tell the story.
(b) He will probably remain nameless throughout the story.
(c) He is a relative of the main character.
(d) He is the main character.
2. According to Pi, when have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
(a) When the animals get along with humans.
(b) When the animals don't try to get out.
(c) When the animals eat well.
(d) When the animals reproduce.
3. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
4. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
(a) Mr. Kumar was an agnostic.
(b) Mr. Kumar was a Communist and atheist.
(c) Mr. Kumar was the reason Pi studied theology.
(d) Mr. Kumar was a good looking man who believed in God.
5. Which is the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
(a) Pi did not feel he belonged in the Christian church.
(b) Pi told Father Martin that he wanted to become a Christian.
(c) Pi thought the story about Jesus to be odd.
(d) Pi went to a Hindu temple after he went to the Christian church.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
2. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
3. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
4. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
5. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)