|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
2. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
3. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
(a) To confuse the reader.
(b) To add some mysteriousness to the story.
(c) To give the reader some background about the man.
(d) To tell the reader how the author discovered the story.
4. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
5. According to Pi, when have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
(a) When the animals don't try to get out.
(b) When the animals reproduce.
(c) When the animals eat well.
(d) When the animals get along with humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
2. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
3. What is the omega animal?
4. How important is religion to Pi?
5. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)