|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
(a) By discovering the Muslim section of his town.
(b) By listening to his parents.
(c) By talking to his friends.
(d) By studying at school.
2. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
(a) It is mean.
(b) It doesn't like the trainer or zookeeper.
(c) Its territory is invaded.
(d) It is hungry.
3. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
(a) On politics.
(b) That all religions were basically the same.
(c) On the sacredness of the zoo.
(d) That Pi should spend more time studying.
4. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
5. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
(a) When they are unhappy.
(b) When they want to return to their prior home.
(c) When they are hungry.
(d) When they don't like their habitat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main character named after?
2. How important is religion to Pi?
3. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
4. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
5. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)