|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
2. How important is religion to Pi?
(a) It is very important.
(b) It is important depending on the circumstances.
(c) It is not important at all.
(d) It is somewhat important.
3. What was the main character named after?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) A famous landmark.
(d) His father.
4. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
(a) To tell the reader how the author discovered the story.
(b) To add some mysteriousness to the story.
(c) To give the reader some background about the man.
(d) To confuse the reader.
5. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
(a) His father told them not to try and pet a tiger.
(b) His father told them none of the animals could be touched.
(c) His father showed them how quickly animals could kill them.
(d) They watched a tiger eat a goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
2. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
3. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
4. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
5. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)