|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion is Pi?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
(a) He is a relative of the main character.
(b) He is the main character.
(c) He will probably remain nameless throughout the story.
(d) The author uses him only as a means to tell the story.
3. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
4. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
(a) They were not happy living in the zoo.
(b) They would like to return to the wild.
(c) They were happy living in the zoo.
(d) They were fearful of the other animals in the zoo.
5. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
(a) He works in the zoo.
(b) He likes to swim.
(c) He is a great cook with an extensive spice collection.
(d) He teaches the main character about animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the omega animal?
2. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
4. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
5. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)