|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
(a) She roamed the countryside killing small animals.
(b) She escaped during the day when the zookeeper left her cage open.
(c) She shared her habitat with a male that she did not get along with.
(d) She lived for ten weeks before she was captured.
2. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
3. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
(a) By studying at school.
(b) By listening to his parents.
(c) By talking to his friends.
(d) By discovering the Muslim section of his town.
4. What religion is Pi?
5. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
(a) Mr. Kumar was the reason Pi studied theology.
(b) Mr. Kumar was an agnostic.
(c) Mr. Kumar was a good looking man who believed in God.
(d) Mr. Kumar was a Communist and atheist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
2. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
3. Which is the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
5. What is the omega animal?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)