|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
(a) By discovering the Muslim section of his town.
(b) By listening to his parents.
(c) By studying at school.
(d) By talking to his friends.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
(a) He is a relative of the main character.
(b) The author uses him only as a means to tell the story.
(c) He will probably remain nameless throughout the story.
(d) He is the main character.
3. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
(a) Satish Kumar, the Sufi, and Mamji.
(b) Mamji and Pi's father.
(c) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Satish Kumar, the Sufi.
(d) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Mamji.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
(a) An English restaurant.
(b) A Mexican restaurant.
(c) A Canadian hospital.
(d) A Mexican hospital.
5. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the omega animal?
2. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
3. How important is religion to Pi?
4. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
5. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)