|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pi, when have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
(a) When the animals don't try to get out.
(b) When the animals eat well.
(c) When the animals reproduce.
(d) When the animals get along with humans.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
(a) A Mexican restaurant.
(b) An English restaurant.
(c) A Canadian hospital.
(d) A Mexican hospital.
3. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 12, what do readers learn about the nameless man?
(a) He is a relative of the main character.
(b) He will probably remain nameless throughout the story.
(c) The author uses him only as a means to tell the story.
(d) He is the main character.
5. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
(a) Religious temples.
(b) Tea estates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Pi?
2. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
3. Which is the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
4. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
5. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)