|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
(b) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
(c) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(d) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
2. What is the purpose of the italicized chapters?
(a) To confuse the reader.
(b) To tell the reader how the author discovered the story.
(c) To give the reader some background about the man.
(d) To add some mysteriousness to the story.
3. What is the omega animal?
(a) The animal that is given the easiest tricks to learn.
(b) The one with the highest social standing in their group.
(c) The hardest animal to train.
(d) The one with the lowest social standing in their group.
4. Who is Mamji?
(a) A person who used to be a competitive swimmer.
(b) A person who studied in England for two years.
(c) A respectful, affectionate term for an older person.
(d) A person who worked for Pi's father at the zoo.
5. According to Pi, when do animals try to escape from the zoo?
(a) When they don't like their habitat.
(b) When they are unhappy.
(c) When they are hungry.
(d) When they want to return to their prior home.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pi's father, what kind of an environment do animals seek?
2. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
3. What did the main character think about the animals in the zoo?
4. What religion is Pi?
5. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)