Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 95 | Part 3 Chapter 96 | Part 3 Chapter 97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pi was in the lifeboat, what animal floated by and got into the boat?
(a) A dog.
(b) A monkey.
(c) Another hyena.
(d) An orangutan.
2. What did the tiger do when he and Pi landed on the shore of the small island?
(a) Stayed on the boat, skeptical of the island.
(b) Stayed close to Pi, now trained and secure in his presence.
(c) Leapt from the boat and disappeared over a ridge.
(d) Saw a moving animal and raced after it, hunting it down and tearing it apart for food.
3. What does the author say was strange about the ecosystem in the lifeboat on the second day?
(a) The hyena and orangutan existed side by side and ignored each other.
(b) The hyena and a human were in the same boat.
(c) Two wild animals slept in the boat.
(d) The hyena was in the boat.
4. When Pi got back into the lifeboat in Part 2, who did he see look out from under the tarp?
(a) The zebra.
(b) The hyena.
(c) The monkey.
(d) The tiger.
5. Which of the following is true about Pi's family's departure from India?
(a) The whole family was excited about going to Canada.
(b) The ship was delayed in its departure because of weather.
(c) Other families on the ship were going to Canada as well.
(d) Pi was excited about leaving, but his mother was sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How important is religion to Pi?
2. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
3. On the first day, what animals did Pi think were on the lifeboat?
4. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
5. What was one method of Pi's escapism?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)