Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 80 | Part 2 Chapter 81 | Part 2 Chapter 82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true about Pi's family's departure from India?
(a) The ship was delayed in its departure because of weather.
(b) The whole family was excited about going to Canada.
(c) Other families on the ship were going to Canada as well.
(d) Pi was excited about leaving, but his mother was sad.
2. What sea creatures were around the boat most of the time?
3. Why did Pi throw himself out of the lifeboat?
(a) He was hot and he thought he could cool off in the water.
(b) He thought he saw another lifeboat that might be safer.
(c) Someone called to him to swim to another boat.
(d) He realized he was in a boat with a Bengal tiger.
4. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
(a) What his mother looked like.
(b) What his father looked like.
(c) What his brother looked like.
(d) What Richard Parker looked like.
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
(a) His father, mother and brother came, even though it was against their will.
(b) It was an uncomfortable event for Pi.
(c) The actual baptism involved only a trickle of water poured over his head.
(d) The actual baptism was, for him, as refreshing as a warm summer rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
2. What was the reaction of Pi's parents to Pi's explorations and practices of various religions?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
4. Who is Antieji?
5. What did Pi use, lose, and re-create, to protect himself while training the tiger?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)