Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 25 | Part 1 Chapter 26 | Part 1 Chapter 27 | Part 1 Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Pi's story, which of these statements is true about the black leopard that escaped from the Zurich Zoo?
(a) She shared her habitat with a male that she did not get along with.
(b) She roamed the countryside killing small animals.
(c) She escaped during the day when the zookeeper left her cage open.
(d) She lived for ten weeks before she was captured.
2. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His father didn't question him about this decision.
(b) His father said to talk to his mother about it.
(c) His father just wanted Pi to be happy.
(d) His father thought it was a good idea.
3. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His mother told him it was his father's decision.
(b) His mother did not concede to his wishes.
(c) His mother conceded to his wishes, but only after he argued with her.
(d) His mother was supportive of him as soon as he asked.
4. According to Pi, when have successful zookeepers created a healthy environment for the animals?
(a) When the animals reproduce.
(b) When the animals eat well.
(c) When the animals get along with humans.
(d) When the animals don't try to get out.
5. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
(a) Mr. Kumar was the reason Pi studied theology.
(b) Mr. Kumar was an agnostic.
(c) Mr. Kumar was a Communist and atheist.
(d) Mr. Kumar was a good looking man who believed in God.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main character's father loved to talk about what subject?
2. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
4. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
5. What was the reaction of Pi's parents to Pi's explorations and practices of various religions?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)