Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 17 | Part 1 Chapter 18 | Part 1 Chapter 19 | Part 1 Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
(a) Mr. Kumar was a good looking man who believed in God.
(b) Mr. Kumar was an agnostic.
(c) Mr. Kumar was a Communist and atheist.
(d) Mr. Kumar was the reason Pi studied theology.
2. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
(a) By talking to his friends.
(b) By listening to his parents.
(c) By studying at school.
(d) By discovering the Muslim section of his town.
3. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
(a) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Mamji.
(b) Mamji and Pi's father.
(c) Satish Kumar, the Sufi, and Mamji.
(d) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Satish Kumar, the Sufi.
4. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
(a) Old buildings.
(c) Animal cruelty.
5. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
(b) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(c) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(d) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mamji?
2. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
3. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 1, the main character tells about his experience in which location?
5. What is the omega animal?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)