|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 83 | Part 2 Chapter 84 | Part 2 Chapter 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was an act of deference by the tiger to Pi?
(a) Hiding his feces.
(b) Being silent and gentle with Pi.
(c) Not lashing out at Pi.
(d) Growling at Pi.
2. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His father didn't question him about this decision.
(b) His father said to talk to his mother about it.
(c) His father thought it was a good idea.
(d) His father just wanted Pi to be happy.
3. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
(a) Get rid of him and have the lifeboat to himself.
(b) Kill him and cast him off onto the raft, adrift in the sea.
(c) Keep him around for protection.
(d) Kill him and bury him on land.
4. What did Pi do to keep Richard Parker satisfied?
(a) Did not get near him, leaving him alone.
(b) Caught as many fish as possible.
(c) Put him on the raft.
(d) Talked to him while he petted him.
5. What does the author say was strange about the ecosystem in the lifeboat on the second day?
(a) Two wild animals slept in the boat.
(b) The hyena and orangutan existed side by side and ignored each other.
(c) The hyena and a human were in the same boat.
(d) The hyena was in the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi do each time he thought he saw lights in the distance?
2. What was under the tarp on the boat?
3. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
4. The author uses the animals as symbols of what?
5. Why did Pi throw himself out of the lifeboat?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)