|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 83 | Part 2 Chapter 84 | Part 2 Chapter 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
(a) His time in Brazil.
(b) His time at the University of Toronto.
(c) His wedding.
(d) His life in India.
2. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(b) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(c) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
(d) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
3. Why did Pi give generously to the tiger at the cost of his own hunger and thirst?
(a) If he didn't give generously to the tiger, Pi would not be fulfilling his religious needs.
(b) If the tiger became desperate for food, Pi knew his life would end quickly.
(c) Pi believed in sharing with the tiger for mutual survival.
(d) If the tiger got mad at Pi, he would lunge and kill Pi.
4. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
(a) It doesn't like the trainer or zookeeper.
(b) It is mean.
(c) Its territory is invaded.
(d) It is hungry.
5. What emerged for Pi through the darkest times?
(a) His faith.
(b) His love for his mother.
(c) His despair.
(d) His hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
2. Who is Antieji?
3. How important is religion to Pi?
4. What did Richard Parker kill while Pi was building the raft?
5. What did Pi fail to control as time passed on the liferaft?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)