|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 83 | Part 2 Chapter 84 | Part 2 Chapter 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell reminded Pi of childhood?
(a) The smell of the tiger.
(b) The smell of the sea.
(c) The smell of the fish.
(d) The smell of the flares.
2. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
(a) Keep him around for protection.
(b) Kill him and bury him on land.
(c) Kill him and cast him off onto the raft, adrift in the sea.
(d) Get rid of him and have the lifeboat to himself.
3. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
(a) Prepared to battle the tiger.
(b) Created a fishing line to use to catch food.
(c) Fell asleep exhausted, wrapped in his warm blanket.
(d) Moved closer to the tiger for protection.
4. What did Pi have a hard time butchering?
5. What did Pi and Richard Parker come eye to eye with after the great storm?
(a) A shark.
(b) A whale.
(c) A cargo boat.
(d) Another lifeboat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
2. What did Pi smell when he was next to the boat?
3. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
4. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
5. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)