|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 83 | Part 2 Chapter 84 | Part 2 Chapter 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
(a) It is hungry.
(b) It doesn't like the trainer or zookeeper.
(c) Its territory is invaded.
(d) It is mean.
2. What did Pi do to exert his dominance over the tiger?
(a) Cleaned the boat of the tiger's urine in front of him.
(b) Handled the tiger's feces in front of him.
(c) Cleaned the fish he caught in front of him.
(d) Conducted his daily routine in front of him.
3. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
(a) What his brother looked like.
(b) What Richard Parker looked like.
(c) What his father looked like.
(d) What his mother looked like.
4. Since Pi had no bait, what did he cut up to fish with in the morning, after his leather shoe was unsuccessful?
(a) The British naval manual.
(b) Flying fish.
(c) The biscuits.
(d) The tiger's droppings.
5. What happened to the underside of Pi's raft?
(a) It started rotting.
(b) It became an ecosystem full of sea life.
(c) It turned green with algae.
(d) It started breaking apart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi and Richard Parker come eye to eye with after the great storm?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
3. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
4. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
5. When Pi awoke in the middle of the night and saw the huge moonlit sky before him, what did he think about with regards to himself and the rest of the sea?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)