|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 83 | Part 2 Chapter 84 | Part 2 Chapter 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
(a) Mr. Kumar was the reason Pi studied theology.
(b) Mr. Kumar was an agnostic.
(c) Mr. Kumar was a good looking man who believed in God.
(d) Mr. Kumar was a Communist and atheist.
2. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His mother conceded to his wishes, but only after he argued with her.
(b) His mother did not concede to his wishes.
(c) His mother told him it was his father's decision.
(d) His mother was supportive of him as soon as he asked.
3. What did Pi not find after looking around on the boat?
(b) Life jackets.
(d) Drinking water.
4. When Pi saw a sea turtle near the boat, what did he do?
(a) Commanded the turtle to go for help.
(b) Watched the turtle until it swam off.
(c) Talked to the turtle.
(d) Got into the water and swam with the turtle.
5. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(b) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(c) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
(d) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Antieji?
2. During the first night on the lifeboat, what did the hyena do?
3. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
4. On whose estimated birthday did Pi sing "Happy Birthday"?
5. The author uses the animals as symbols of what?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)