|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 83 | Part 2 Chapter 84 | Part 2 Chapter 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
(a) Because people like to read books with happy endings.
(b) So the reader will continue reading the story.
(c) So the reader will not feel so sad.
(d) He has no specific reason for doing this.
2. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(b) The paperwork took that long.
(c) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
(d) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
3. According to the author, which of the following was a reason why Pi decided to get back into the lifeboat?
(a) He was cold and tired.
(b) There was a shark in the water.
(c) He wanted to get dry.
(d) He knew the tiger would not hurt him.
4. What did Richard Parker kill while Pi was building the raft?
(a) A bird.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A fish.
(d) A rat.
5. What was under the tarp on the boat?
(a) A pile of lifejackets.
(b) The tiger.
(d) A locker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Pi attribute his survival alongside Richard Parker with?
2. How important is religion to Pi?
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
5. What does the author say was strange about the ecosystem in the lifeboat on the second day?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)