|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 83 | Part 2 Chapter 84 | Part 2 Chapter 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His mother was supportive of him as soon as he asked.
(b) His mother told him it was his father's decision.
(c) His mother did not concede to his wishes.
(d) His mother conceded to his wishes, but only after he argued with her.
2. What happened to the underside of Pi's raft?
(a) It turned green with algae.
(b) It became an ecosystem full of sea life.
(c) It started breaking apart.
(d) It started rotting.
3. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
(a) Mr. Kumar was an agnostic.
(b) Mr. Kumar was a Communist and atheist.
(c) Mr. Kumar was the reason Pi studied theology.
(d) Mr. Kumar was a good looking man who believed in God.
4. What were along the interior perimeter of the boat?
5. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
(a) Because people like to read books with happy endings.
(b) So the reader will continue reading the story.
(c) So the reader will not feel so sad.
(d) He has no specific reason for doing this.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
2. When Pi saw a sea turtle near the boat, what did he do?
3. How did Richard Parker react when Pi shouted a greeting to him?
4. What did Pi manage to salvage after the great storm?
5. When Pi awoke in the middle of the night and saw the huge moonlit sky before him, what did he think about with regards to himself and the rest of the sea?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)