|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 83 | Part 2 Chapter 84 | Part 2 Chapter 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi and Richard Parker come eye to eye with after the great storm?
(a) A shark.
(b) Another lifeboat.
(c) A cargo boat.
(d) A whale.
2. During the first night on the lifeboat, what did the hyena do?
(a) Slept on the tarp.
(b) Spent the night barking/howling.
(c) Walked around the boat.
(d) Chewed off the leg of the zebra.
3. What did Pi smell when he was next to the boat?
(a) The smell of his wet blanket.
(b) The tiger's urine.
(c) The smell of the ocean.
(d) The smell of rotting food.
4. What two things does Pi attribute his survival alongside Richard Parker with?
(a) His faith in his religion and his mother's love for him.
(b) The seperate spaces of the raft and the lifeboat.
(c) His ignorance at the true dangers of Richard Parker and luck.
(d) Richard Parker's tendency towards seasickness and Pi being the provider of food and water.
5. Since Pi had no bait, what did he cut up to fish with in the morning, after his leather shoe was unsuccessful?
(a) The British naval manual.
(b) The biscuits.
(c) The tiger's droppings.
(d) Flying fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
2. What did Pi spend a lot of time in the manual reading about and studying?
3. About how much did Pi sleep a night?
4. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
5. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)