|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 83 | Part 2 Chapter 84 | Part 2 Chapter 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As night fell on his first day in the lifeboat, why did Pi become scared?
(a) It would be dark and rescue boats wouldn't see him.
(b) He didn't know what would happen.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) He knew the hyena was capable of hurting him.
2. What did Pi do to keep Richard Parker satisfied?
(a) Caught as many fish as possible.
(b) Talked to him while he petted him.
(c) Did not get near him, leaving him alone.
(d) Put him on the raft.
3. How did Pi spend his second night on the lifeboat?
(a) Walking about the boat.
(b) Swimming and sleeping.
(d) Crying with grief about his family.
4. What was one thing Pi was concerned and obsessed about not having enough of?
5. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
(a) Prepared to battle the tiger.
(b) Moved closer to the tiger for protection.
(c) Created a fishing line to use to catch food.
(d) Fell asleep exhausted, wrapped in his warm blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
2. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
3. What did Pi fail to control as time passed on the liferaft?
4. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
5. On whose estimated birthday did Pi sing "Happy Birthday"?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)