|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 83 | Part 2 Chapter 84 | Part 2 Chapter 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
(a) What his father looked like.
(b) What his brother looked like.
(c) What Richard Parker looked like.
(d) What his mother looked like.
2. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
(a) Get rid of him and have the lifeboat to himself.
(b) Kill him and bury him on land.
(c) Keep him around for protection.
(d) Kill him and cast him off onto the raft, adrift in the sea.
3. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
(b) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(c) The paperwork took that long.
(d) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
4. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
(a) Mamji and Pi's father.
(b) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Satish Kumar, the Sufi.
(c) Satish Kumar, the Sufi, and Mamji.
(d) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Mamji.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
(a) His wedding.
(b) His life in India.
(c) His time at the University of Toronto.
(d) His time in Brazil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi find solace in, even though he had to continually reconsider his place in God's universe?
2. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
3. How did Pi end up in the lifeboat?
4. What did Pi and Richard Parker come eye to eye with after the great storm?
5. On whose estimated birthday did Pi sing "Happy Birthday"?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)