|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
(a) It is mean.
(b) Its territory is invaded.
(c) It doesn't like the trainer or zookeeper.
(d) It is hungry.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
(a) Pi's daughter.
(b) Pi's wife.
(c) Pi's cat.
(d) Pi's son.
3. Which of the following is true about Pi's family's departure from India?
(a) Other families on the ship were going to Canada as well.
(b) The whole family was excited about going to Canada.
(c) The ship was delayed in its departure because of weather.
(d) Pi was excited about leaving, but his mother was sad.
4. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(b) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
(c) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
(d) The paperwork took that long.
5. How important is religion to Pi?
(a) It is very important.
(b) It is important depending on the circumstances.
(c) It is somewhat important.
(d) It is not important at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
2. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
3. Who is Antieji?
4. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
5. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)