|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(b) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(c) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
(d) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
2. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
(a) He likes to swim.
(b) He teaches the main character about animals.
(c) He works in the zoo.
(d) He is a great cook with an extensive spice collection.
3. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
(a) Old buildings.
(c) Animal cruelty.
4. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
(a) Religious temples.
(c) Tea estates.
5. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
(a) What his brother looked like.
(b) What Richard Parker looked like.
(c) What his father looked like.
(d) What his mother looked like.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Antieji?
2. What is the omega animal?
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
4. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)