|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
(a) His father told them none of the animals could be touched.
(b) His father told them not to try and pet a tiger.
(c) They watched a tiger eat a goat.
(d) His father showed them how quickly animals could kill them.
2. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
(a) He has no specific reason for doing this.
(b) So the reader will not feel so sad.
(c) So the reader will continue reading the story.
(d) Because people like to read books with happy endings.
3. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
(a) Attended Hindu temple only at quiet times.
(b) Talked to his religious teachers.
(c) Lingered after Muslim prayers.
(d) Changed Christian churches.
4. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
5. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
(a) By talking to his friends.
(b) By studying at school.
(c) By listening to his parents.
(d) By discovering the Muslim section of his town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
2. How important is religion to Pi?
3. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
5. Which of the following is true about Pi's family's departure from India?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)