|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
(a) He used it in the mosque.
(b) It reminded him of the sacredness of the earth.
(c) He used it outside.
(d) He lost it.
2. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
(a) He teaches the main character about animals.
(b) He likes to swim.
(c) He is a great cook with an extensive spice collection.
(d) He works in the zoo.
3. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
(a) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Satish Kumar, the Sufi.
(b) Mamji and Pi's father.
(c) Satish Kumar, the Sufi, and Mamji.
(d) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Mamji.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
(a) His life in India.
(b) His wedding.
(c) His time in Brazil.
(d) His time at the University of Toronto.
5. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
(a) By studying at school.
(b) By listening to his parents.
(c) By talking to his friends.
(d) By discovering the Muslim section of his town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
2. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
3. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
4. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
5. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)