|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
2. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
(b) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
(c) They just want Pi to be happy.
(d) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
3. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
(a) All lions want to be dominated.
(b) The trainer must show the lion he is physically stronger.
(c) Only female lions are used in the circus.
(d) The lion must know who is boss, which will make it feel secure.
4. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
(a) Mr. Kumar was a Communist and atheist.
(b) Mr. Kumar was a good looking man who believed in God.
(c) Mr. Kumar was an agnostic.
(d) Mr. Kumar was the reason Pi studied theology.
5. How important is religion to Pi?
(a) It is important depending on the circumstances.
(b) It is somewhat important.
(c) It is not important at all.
(d) It is very important.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about Pi's family's departure from India?
2. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
3. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
4. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
5. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)