|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
(b) Old buildings.
(c) Animal cruelty.
2. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
(a) Tea estates.
(c) Religious temples.
3. Which of the following is true about Pi's family's departure from India?
(a) Other families on the ship were going to Canada as well.
(b) The whole family was excited about going to Canada.
(c) The ship was delayed in its departure because of weather.
(d) Pi was excited about leaving, but his mother was sad.
4. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) They just want Pi to be happy.
(b) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
(c) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
(d) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
5. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His mother did not concede to his wishes.
(b) His mother was supportive of him as soon as he asked.
(c) His mother conceded to his wishes, but only after he argued with her.
(d) His mother told him it was his father's decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
2. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
3. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
5. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)