|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
(b) They just want Pi to be happy.
(c) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
(d) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
2. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
(a) Mr. Kumar was a Communist and atheist.
(b) Mr. Kumar was an agnostic.
(c) Mr. Kumar was the reason Pi studied theology.
(d) Mr. Kumar was a good looking man who believed in God.
3. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
(b) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(c) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(d) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
(a) His time in Brazil.
(b) His life in India.
(c) His wedding.
(d) His time at the University of Toronto.
5. Which is the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
(a) Pi did not feel he belonged in the Christian church.
(b) Pi told Father Martin that he wanted to become a Christian.
(c) Pi went to a Hindu temple after he went to the Christian church.
(d) Pi thought the story about Jesus to be odd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
2. What religion is Pi?
3. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
4. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
5. What is the omega animal?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)