|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion is Pi?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
(a) He lost it.
(b) He used it outside.
(c) It reminded him of the sacredness of the earth.
(d) He used it in the mosque.
3. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
(a) That all religions were basically the same.
(b) That Pi should spend more time studying.
(c) On the sacredness of the zoo.
(d) On politics.
4. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
(b) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
(c) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(d) The paperwork took that long.
5. Who is Antieji?
(a) Pi's aunt.
(b) Pi's best friend.
(c) Pi's foster mother in Toronto.
(d) Pi's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
2. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
4. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)