|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
(a) Attended Hindu temple only at quiet times.
(b) Changed Christian churches.
(c) Talked to his religious teachers.
(d) Lingered after Muslim prayers.
2. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
(a) The trainer must show the lion he is physically stronger.
(b) Only female lions are used in the circus.
(c) All lions want to be dominated.
(d) The lion must know who is boss, which will make it feel secure.
3. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
(a) Mr. Kumar was a Communist and atheist.
(b) Mr. Kumar was an agnostic.
(c) Mr. Kumar was the reason Pi studied theology.
(d) Mr. Kumar was a good looking man who believed in God.
4. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(b) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
(c) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
(d) The paperwork took that long.
5. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
(a) Tea estates.
(c) Religious temples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
2. What is the omega animal?
3. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
4. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
5. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)