|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
(c) Animal cruelty.
(d) Old buildings.
2. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
(a) When he watched the Muslim shopkeeper.
(b) When he was praying in the mosque.
(c) When he was praying in the Christian church.
(d) One day when he was riding his bike home from Mr. Kumar's, the Muslim.
3. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
(a) On the sacredness of the zoo.
(b) That Pi should spend more time studying.
(c) On politics.
(d) That all religions were basically the same.
4. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
(a) Satish Kumar, the Sufi, and Mamji.
(b) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Mamji.
(c) Mamji and Pi's father.
(d) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Satish Kumar, the Sufi.
5. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His father thought it was a good idea.
(b) His father didn't question him about this decision.
(c) His father just wanted Pi to be happy.
(d) His father said to talk to his mother about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
2. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
3. What religion is Pi?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
5. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)