|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
(a) What Richard Parker looked like.
(b) What his brother looked like.
(c) What his mother looked like.
(d) What his father looked like.
2. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
(a) Only female lions are used in the circus.
(b) The lion must know who is boss, which will make it feel secure.
(c) All lions want to be dominated.
(d) The trainer must show the lion he is physically stronger.
3. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
(a) When he was praying in the Christian church.
(b) When he was praying in the mosque.
(c) One day when he was riding his bike home from Mr. Kumar's, the Muslim.
(d) When he watched the Muslim shopkeeper.
4. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
(a) So the reader will not feel so sad.
(b) So the reader will continue reading the story.
(c) He has no specific reason for doing this.
(d) Because people like to read books with happy endings.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
(a) Pi's daughter.
(b) Pi's son.
(c) Pi's wife.
(d) Pi's cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
2. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
4. Which is the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
5. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)