|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(b) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(c) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
(d) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
2. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(b) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
(c) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
(d) The paperwork took that long.
3. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
(b) They just want Pi to be happy.
(c) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
(d) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
4. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
(a) What Richard Parker looked like.
(b) What his mother looked like.
(c) What his brother looked like.
(d) What his father looked like.
5. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
(a) Mr. Kumar was a Communist and atheist.
(b) Mr. Kumar was the reason Pi studied theology.
(c) Mr. Kumar was a good looking man who believed in God.
(d) Mr. Kumar was an agnostic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
2. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
3. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
4. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
5. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)