|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(b) The paperwork took that long.
(c) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
(d) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
2. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
3. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
(a) He teaches the main character about animals.
(b) He is a great cook with an extensive spice collection.
(c) He likes to swim.
(d) He works in the zoo.
4. What is the omega animal?
(a) The hardest animal to train.
(b) The one with the highest social standing in their group.
(c) The one with the lowest social standing in their group.
(d) The animal that is given the easiest tricks to learn.
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
(a) It was an uncomfortable event for Pi.
(b) The actual baptism involved only a trickle of water poured over his head.
(c) The actual baptism was, for him, as refreshing as a warm summer rain.
(d) His father, mother and brother came, even though it was against their will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
2. Who is Antieji?
3. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
4. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
5. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)