|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
(b) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(c) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
(d) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
2. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
(b) The paperwork took that long.
(c) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(d) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
(a) He used it in the mosque.
(b) It reminded him of the sacredness of the earth.
(c) He used it outside.
(d) He lost it.
4. How important is religion to Pi?
(a) It is somewhat important.
(b) It is important depending on the circumstances.
(c) It is very important.
(d) It is not important at all.
5. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
(b) Tea estates.
(c) Religious temples.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
2. Which is the following is not true about Pi's visit to a Christian church and his meeting with Father Martin?
3. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
4. Which of the following is true about Pi's family's departure from India?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)