|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How important is religion to Pi?
(a) It is somewhat important.
(b) It is not important at all.
(c) It is important depending on the circumstances.
(d) It is very important.
2. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
(a) It is hungry.
(b) It doesn't like the trainer or zookeeper.
(c) Its territory is invaded.
(d) It is mean.
3. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
(a) His father showed them how quickly animals could kill them.
(b) They watched a tiger eat a goat.
(c) His father told them not to try and pet a tiger.
(d) His father told them none of the animals could be touched.
4. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
(a) By talking to his friends.
(b) By discovering the Muslim section of his town.
(c) By studying at school.
(d) By listening to his parents.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
(a) Pi's son.
(b) Pi's wife.
(c) Pi's daughter.
(d) Pi's cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
2. Who is Antieji?
3. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
4. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
5. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)