|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
(b) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
(c) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(d) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
2. Who is Antieji?
(a) Pi's aunt.
(b) Pi's foster mother in Toronto.
(c) Pi's best friend.
(d) Pi's cousin.
3. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
(a) When he was praying in the mosque.
(b) When he watched the Muslim shopkeeper.
(c) One day when he was riding his bike home from Mr. Kumar's, the Muslim.
(d) When he was praying in the Christian church.
4. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
(a) So the reader will not feel so sad.
(b) So the reader will continue reading the story.
(c) Because people like to read books with happy endings.
(d) He has no specific reason for doing this.
5. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
(a) It is hungry.
(b) It is mean.
(c) It doesn't like the trainer or zookeeper.
(d) Its territory is invaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
3. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
4. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)