|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
(a) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Satish Kumar, the Sufi.
(b) Mamji and Pi's father.
(c) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Mamji.
(d) Satish Kumar, the Sufi, and Mamji.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
(a) Pi's daughter.
(b) Pi's son.
(c) Pi's cat.
(d) Pi's wife.
3. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
(a) Only female lions are used in the circus.
(b) The lion must know who is boss, which will make it feel secure.
(c) The trainer must show the lion he is physically stronger.
(d) All lions want to be dominated.
4. What animal do zookeepers think of as the most dangerous animal in the zoo?
5. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
(a) Mr. Kumar was an agnostic.
(b) Mr. Kumar was a good looking man who believed in God.
(c) Mr. Kumar was a Communist and atheist.
(d) Mr. Kumar was the reason Pi studied theology.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
2. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
3. How important is religion to Pi?
4. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
5. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)