|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
(a) Pi's son.
(b) Pi's daughter.
(c) Pi's cat.
(d) Pi's wife.
2. The nameless male character introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2 reappears in Part 1, Chapter 6. Readers now learn what about this man?
(a) He likes to swim.
(b) He is a great cook with an extensive spice collection.
(c) He teaches the main character about animals.
(d) He works in the zoo.
3. What is the omega animal?
(a) The animal that is given the easiest tricks to learn.
(b) The one with the highest social standing in their group.
(c) The hardest animal to train.
(d) The one with the lowest social standing in their group.
4. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
(a) Because people like to read books with happy endings.
(b) He has no specific reason for doing this.
(c) So the reader will not feel so sad.
(d) So the reader will continue reading the story.
5. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
(c) Animal cruelty.
(d) Old buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mr. Satish Kumar?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
3. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
4. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
5. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)