|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
(a) That Pi should spend more time studying.
(b) On the sacredness of the zoo.
(c) On politics.
(d) That all religions were basically the same.
2. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(b) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
(c) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
(d) The paperwork took that long.
3. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) They just want Pi to be happy.
(b) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
(c) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
(d) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
4. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
(a) He has no specific reason for doing this.
(b) So the reader will not feel so sad.
(c) So the reader will continue reading the story.
(d) Because people like to read books with happy endings.
5. What religion is Pi?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
2. What did Pi do when he didn't feel as welcome to his interfaith practices as before?
3. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
4. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)