|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
(a) That all religions were basically the same.
(b) On politics.
(c) On the sacredness of the zoo.
(d) That Pi should spend more time studying.
2. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
(a) It is hungry.
(b) It is mean.
(c) Its territory is invaded.
(d) It doesn't like the trainer or zookeeper.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 33, when the author and Pi look through photos, what period in Pi's life has only a few photos?
(a) His life in India.
(b) His wedding.
(c) His time at the University of Toronto.
(d) His time in Brazil.
4. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
(a) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Satish Kumar, the Sufi.
(b) Satish Kumar, the Sufi, and Mamji.
(c) Mamji and Pi's father.
(d) Satish Kumar, the atheist, and Mamji.
5. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
(a) Only female lions are used in the circus.
(b) All lions want to be dominated.
(c) The trainer must show the lion he is physically stronger.
(d) The lion must know who is boss, which will make it feel secure.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
2. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
3. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
4. What religion is Pi?
5. When Pi was 14, he went on a family vacation to Munmar and saw what on the top of three hills?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)