|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
(a) By discovering the Muslim section of his town.
(b) By talking to his friends.
(c) By listening to his parents.
(d) By studying at school.
2. Why does the author promise the reader a happy ending to Pi's tale?
(a) Because people like to read books with happy endings.
(b) He has no specific reason for doing this.
(c) So the reader will not feel so sad.
(d) So the reader will continue reading the story.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 36, who is not at Pi's home to welcome the author when the author meets again with Pi and his family?
(a) Pi's cat.
(b) Pi's wife.
(c) Pi's daughter.
(d) Pi's son.
4. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
(a) The lion must know who is boss, which will make it feel secure.
(b) Only female lions are used in the circus.
(c) All lions want to be dominated.
(d) The trainer must show the lion he is physically stronger.
5. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
(a) When he was praying in the Christian church.
(b) One day when he was riding his bike home from Mr. Kumar's, the Muslim.
(c) When he watched the Muslim shopkeeper.
(d) When he was praying in the mosque.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
2. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
3. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
4. Who were the two men Pi called the "prophets of his youth"?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)