|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 33 | Part 1 Chapter 34 | Part 1 Chapter 35 | Part 1 Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pi was learning about Islam, he visited a Muslim shopkeeper. Which of the following statements is true?
(a) The shopkeeper asked Pi to leave when it was time to pray.
(b) Pi didn't have dinner with the shopkeeper.
(c) The shopkeeper took Pi to a mosque.
(d) Pi bought Muslim prayer beads at the shop.
2. What did Pi's father tell him was the second greatest danger in the zoo?
(a) Animal cruelty.
(c) Old buildings.
3. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His father thought it was a good idea.
(b) His father just wanted Pi to be happy.
(c) His father didn't question him about this decision.
(d) His father said to talk to his mother about it.
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
(a) It was an uncomfortable event for Pi.
(b) The actual baptism involved only a trickle of water poured over his head.
(c) The actual baptism was, for him, as refreshing as a warm summer rain.
(d) His father, mother and brother came, even though it was against their will.
5. After the family sold the zoo, why did it take a year before they could leave India for Canada?
(a) No one wanted to buy the zoo animals.
(b) The paperwork took that long.
(c) No one wanted to buy the zoo.
(d) Pi's mother took that long to get the house and everything ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Pi feel that God was very close to him?
2. When Pi's father took his sons on a tour of the zoo, which of the following statements is not true?
3. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
4. Pi and Mr. Kumar agreed on what?
5. Who is Antieji?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)