Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 83 | Part 2 Chapter 84 | Part 2 Chapter 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Pi throw himself out of the lifeboat?
(a) He thought he saw another lifeboat that might be safer.
(b) He was hot and he thought he could cool off in the water.
(c) Someone called to him to swim to another boat.
(d) He realized he was in a boat with a Bengal tiger.
2. Why did Pi give generously to the tiger at the cost of his own hunger and thirst?
(a) Pi believed in sharing with the tiger for mutual survival.
(b) If he didn't give generously to the tiger, Pi would not be fulfilling his religious needs.
(c) If the tiger became desperate for food, Pi knew his life would end quickly.
(d) If the tiger got mad at Pi, he would lunge and kill Pi.
3. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
(a) He went to sleep early the night before.
(b) He didn't get killed by a falling zebra.
(c) He was mobile enough to get in the lifeboat.
(d) He was not seasick.
4. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
(a) Pi helped him swim to the boat by throwing him a life buoy.
(b) He jumped into the boat from the ship.
(c) He was there before Pi got in.
(d) Pi doesn't know how he got there.
5. What does Pi lament to the author that he is forgetting?
(a) What his mother looked like.
(b) What Richard Parker looked like.
(c) What his brother looked like.
(d) What his father looked like.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Antieji?
2. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
3. What else did Pi see a group of, which stayed with him an entire day?
4. How did Pi first learn about Islam?
5. What was the tiger trying to do with his feces?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)