|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 59 | Part 2 Chapter 60 | Part 2 Chapter 61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
(b) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
(c) They just want Pi to be happy.
(d) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
2. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
(a) He jumped into the boat from the ship.
(b) Pi helped him swim to the boat by throwing him a life buoy.
(c) Pi doesn't know how he got there.
(d) He was there before Pi got in.
3. When Pi awoke in the middle of the night and saw the huge moonlit sky before him, what did he think about with regards to himself and the rest of the sea?
(a) How lonely the moon looked, and how lonely his heart was.
(b) How starless the sky was, and how empty his heart felt.
(c) How small he is and how vast the sea and the sky are.
(d) How there was no chance of ever surviving in such a vast sea.
4. Pi took inventory of what on the boat?
(a) A cage.
(b) A wooden trunk.
(c) The locker.
(d) A metal cupboard.
5. What did Pi not find after looking around on the boat?
(a) Life jackets.
(d) Drinking water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the omega animal?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
3. According to the author, which of the following was a reason why Pi decided to get back into the lifeboat?
4. What did the boat do when the raft was next to it?
5. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)