|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 59 | Part 2 Chapter 60 | Part 2 Chapter 61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Pi had no bait, what did he cut up to fish with in the morning, after his leather shoe was unsuccessful?
(a) The tiger's droppings.
(b) The biscuits.
(c) The British naval manual.
(d) Flying fish.
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
(a) It was an uncomfortable event for Pi.
(b) The actual baptism involved only a trickle of water poured over his head.
(c) The actual baptism was, for him, as refreshing as a warm summer rain.
(d) His father, mother and brother came, even though it was against their will.
3. What did the boat do when the raft was next to it?
(a) Turned parallel to the waves, increasing the unpleasant rolling motion.
(b) Turned perpendicular to the waves and rolled unpleasantly.
(c) Turned parallel to the current and calmed in its rolling motion.
(d) Turned perpendicular to the current and flowed with it.
4. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
(a) Pi doesn't know how he got there.
(b) He was there before Pi got in.
(c) He jumped into the boat from the ship.
(d) Pi helped him swim to the boat by throwing him a life buoy.
5. Why did Pi throw himself out of the lifeboat?
(a) He was hot and he thought he could cool off in the water.
(b) He realized he was in a boat with a Bengal tiger.
(c) Someone called to him to swim to another boat.
(d) He thought he saw another lifeboat that might be safer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi not find after looking around on the boat?
2. According to Pi, why will a lion in a zoo attack?
3. What is the omega animal?
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
5. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)