|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 59 | Part 2 Chapter 60 | Part 2 Chapter 61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
(a) The lion must know who is boss, which will make it feel secure.
(b) Only female lions are used in the circus.
(c) The trainer must show the lion he is physically stronger.
(d) All lions want to be dominated.
2. How did Richard Parker react when Pi shouted a greeting to him?
(a) Responded with the same sounds as before.
(b) Turned away from Pi, silent.
(c) Growled and roared.
(d) Came closer to Pi to see what Pi wanted.
3. According to the author, which of the following was a reason why Pi decided to get back into the lifeboat?
(a) He knew the tiger would not hurt him.
(b) He was cold and tired.
(c) There was a shark in the water.
(d) He wanted to get dry.
4. What separated Pi from the Tiger on the boat?
(a) A tarp.
(b) A floor.
(c) A wall.
(d) A table.
5. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His father thought it was a good idea.
(b) His father just wanted Pi to be happy.
(c) His father didn't question him about this decision.
(d) His father said to talk to his mother about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
2. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
3. When Pi awoke in the middle of the night and saw the huge moonlit sky before him, what did he think about with regards to himself and the rest of the sea?
4. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
5. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)