|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 59 | Part 2 Chapter 60 | Part 2 Chapter 61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What separated Pi from the Tiger on the boat?
(a) A table.
(b) A wall.
(c) A floor.
(d) A tarp.
2. When Pi awoke in the middle of the night and saw the huge moonlit sky before him, what did he think about with regards to himself and the rest of the sea?
(a) How starless the sky was, and how empty his heart felt.
(b) How small he is and how vast the sea and the sky are.
(c) How lonely the moon looked, and how lonely his heart was.
(d) How there was no chance of ever surviving in such a vast sea.
3. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
(a) He went to sleep early the night before.
(b) He was not seasick.
(c) He was mobile enough to get in the lifeboat.
(d) He didn't get killed by a falling zebra.
4. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
(a) There was a general alarm to alert everyone that the ship was sinking.
(b) Acccording to Pi's brother, there had been some problem with the engines.
(c) Pi found rising water blocking his way when he tried to return to his room.
(d) Pi woke up and decided to go exploring.
5. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
(a) He was there before Pi got in.
(b) He jumped into the boat from the ship.
(c) Pi helped him swim to the boat by throwing him a life buoy.
(d) Pi doesn't know how he got there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Richard Parker react when Pi shouted a greeting to him?
2. What did Pi smell when he was next to the boat?
3. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
4. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
5. What did the boat do when the raft was next to it?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)