|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 59 | Part 2 Chapter 60 | Part 2 Chapter 61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pi took inventory of what on the boat?
(a) The locker.
(b) A cage.
(c) A metal cupboard.
(d) A wooden trunk.
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
(a) The actual baptism was, for him, as refreshing as a warm summer rain.
(b) His father, mother and brother came, even though it was against their will.
(c) It was an uncomfortable event for Pi.
(d) The actual baptism involved only a trickle of water poured over his head.
3. When Pi awoke in the middle of the night and saw the huge moonlit sky before him, what did he think about with regards to himself and the rest of the sea?
(a) How there was no chance of ever surviving in such a vast sea.
(b) How small he is and how vast the sea and the sky are.
(c) How lonely the moon looked, and how lonely his heart was.
(d) How starless the sky was, and how empty his heart felt.
4. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
(b) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
(c) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
(d) They just want Pi to be happy.
5. What did Pi not find after looking around on the boat?
(b) Drinking water.
(c) Life jackets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must a circus lion trainer establish that he is the alpha male with respect to the lion?
2. What were along the interior perimeter of the boat?
3. How large was the boat?
4. What did Pi smell when he was next to the boat?
5. Why did Pi throw himself out of the lifeboat?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)