|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 59 | Part 2 Chapter 60 | Part 2 Chapter 61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi do to modify the raft?
(a) Made a mast and found a compass in the locker to navigate with.
(b) Increased the depth of the raft by adding another layer of wood,
(c) Made the raft wider with more wood and rope.
(d) Made a mast and draped a blanket over it to create shelter.
2. How large was the boat?
(a) 3.5 feet deep, 8 feet wide, 26 feet long.
(b) 4 feet deep, 18 feet wide, 10 feet long.
(c) 26 feet deep, 8 feet wide, 3.5 feet long.
(d) 10 feet deep, 4 feet wide, 18 feet long.
3. What did Pi smell when he was next to the boat?
(a) The smell of the ocean.
(b) The tiger's urine.
(c) The smell of rotting food.
(d) The smell of his wet blanket.
4. What was the response of Pi's father to his request for Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His father thought it was a good idea.
(b) His father just wanted Pi to be happy.
(c) His father didn't question him about this decision.
(d) His father said to talk to his mother about it.
5. When Pi awoke in the middle of the night and saw the huge moonlit sky before him, what did he think about with regards to himself and the rest of the sea?
(a) How there was no chance of ever surviving in such a vast sea.
(b) How starless the sky was, and how empty his heart felt.
(c) How lonely the moon looked, and how lonely his heart was.
(d) How small he is and how vast the sea and the sky are.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pi end up in the lifeboat?
2. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
3. What event showed that fortune was with Pi?
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
5. What did the boat do when the raft was next to it?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)