|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 59 | Part 2 Chapter 60 | Part 2 Chapter 61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
(a) They just want Pi to be happy.
(b) They think Pi should choose one religion, whichever one he wants.
(c) While they may not believe as Pi does, they encourage him.
(d) They hope Pi's religious fervor is a passing phase.
2. Pi took inventory of what on the boat?
(a) A metal cupboard.
(b) The locker.
(c) A cage.
(d) A wooden trunk.
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
(a) His father, mother and brother came, even though it was against their will.
(b) The actual baptism was, for him, as refreshing as a warm summer rain.
(c) The actual baptism involved only a trickle of water poured over his head.
(d) It was an uncomfortable event for Pi.
4. What did the boat do when the raft was next to it?
(a) Turned perpendicular to the current and flowed with it.
(b) Turned parallel to the waves, increasing the unpleasant rolling motion.
(c) Turned perpendicular to the waves and rolled unpleasantly.
(d) Turned parallel to the current and calmed in its rolling motion.
5. How did Pi end up in the lifeboat?
(a) His father put him there as the ship was sinking.
(b) He fell off the ship and swam to the lifeboat.
(c) It was his assigned lifeboat and he went there as the ship sank.
(d) He was thrown overboard and landed there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Pi?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
3. How important is religion to Pi?
4. How did Richard Parker end up in the lifeboat with Pi?
5. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)