|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 59 | Part 2 Chapter 60 | Part 2 Chapter 61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Pi had no bait, what did he cut up to fish with in the morning, after his leather shoe was unsuccessful?
(a) The tiger's droppings.
(b) The British naval manual.
(c) The biscuits.
(d) Flying fish.
2. What was the response of Pi's mother to his request for a Christian baptism and a prayer rug?
(a) His mother conceded to his wishes, but only after he argued with her.
(b) His mother told him it was his father's decision.
(c) His mother was supportive of him as soon as he asked.
(d) His mother did not concede to his wishes.
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's prayer rug?
(a) He lost it.
(b) He used it in the mosque.
(c) He used it outside.
(d) It reminded him of the sacredness of the earth.
4. What did the boat do when the raft was next to it?
(a) Turned parallel to the current and calmed in its rolling motion.
(b) Turned parallel to the waves, increasing the unpleasant rolling motion.
(c) Turned perpendicular to the current and flowed with it.
(d) Turned perpendicular to the waves and rolled unpleasantly.
5. Why did Pi throw himself out of the lifeboat?
(a) Someone called to him to swim to another boat.
(b) He realized he was in a boat with a Bengal tiger.
(c) He was hot and he thought he could cool off in the water.
(d) He thought he saw another lifeboat that might be safer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these events did not occur before the ship sank?
2. What separated Pi from the Tiger on the boat?
3. How important is religion to Pi?
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Pi's baptism?
5. What do Pi's parents think about his being so religious?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)