|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the tiger like to lean over the edge of the boat and club to death, then eat?
2. What happened as starvation began to set in?
(a) Pi thought about killing and eating the tiger.
(b) Pi gave up the will to survive.
(c) Pi spent all day rocking back and forth on the raft.
(d) Pi's body began to break down and standing was difficult.
3. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
(a) His father thought there would be changes in India because of Mrs. Ghandi.
(b) His father hoped to provide a better life for the family in Canada.
(c) His father wanted to give Pi a broader view of life and religion.
(d) His father worried about the political situation in India.
4. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
(a) Set it free into the water.
(b) Put it on the dry land to keep it safe.
(c) Used it to build a wall to block Richard Parker's view of him sleeping.
(d) Tethered it to the boat.
5. What did Pi build a raft out of?
(a) Wood and rope.
(b) Oars and floating logs.
(c) Life jackets and floating oars.
(d) Logs and life jackets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 30, what does the author say he learned about Pi when they met?
3. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
4. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
5. What did Richard Parker kill while Pi was building the raft?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)