|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi always feel at the center of?
(a) A circle of despair and hopelessness.
(b) The circle of the sea.
(c) A huge circle made of sky and ocean.
(d) The circle of life.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 30, what does the author say he learned about Pi when they met?
(a) That Pi's wife's name is Meena and she is a doctor.
(b) That Pi was married.
(c) That Pi did not believe in marriage.
(d) That Pi was twice divorced.
3. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
(a) Kill him and bury him on land.
(b) Kill him and cast him off onto the raft, adrift in the sea.
(c) Get rid of him and have the lifeboat to himself.
(d) Keep him around for protection.
4. What did Pi build a raft out of?
(a) Life jackets and floating oars.
(b) Oars and floating logs.
(c) Logs and life jackets.
(d) Wood and rope.
5. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
(a) Created a fishing line to use to catch food.
(b) Moved closer to the tiger for protection.
(c) Fell asleep exhausted, wrapped in his warm blanket.
(d) Prepared to battle the tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Richard Parker kill while Pi was building the raft?
2. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
3. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
4. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
5. What happened as starvation began to set in?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)