|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 30, what does the author say he learned about Pi when they met?
(a) That Pi's wife's name is Meena and she is a doctor.
(b) That Pi was twice divorced.
(c) That Pi was married.
(d) That Pi did not believe in marriage.
2. What happened when the two Mr. Kumars in Pi's life meet by chance at the zoo?
(a) Pi invited both Mr. Kumars to stay for tea at the zoo.
(b) Nothing. After an introduction they each went their separate ways.
(c) The two Mr. Kumars discussed Pi's interfaith practices.
(d) Pi gave them both carrots to feed the zebras.
3. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
(a) A voice.
(b) A friend.
(c) Richard Parker.
(d) A rat.
4. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
(a) Yes. It represents the two sides of Pi's character--his piety and his interest in creation.
(b) No, but it made Pi feel uncomfortable.
(c) No. It was just an event that happened.
(d) Yes. It signifies that Pi has not yet assimilated what he has learned from the two Mr. Kumars.
5. What did Pi always feel at the center of?
(a) A huge circle made of sky and ocean.
(b) A circle of despair and hopelessness.
(c) The circle of the sea.
(d) The circle of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened as starvation began to set in?
2. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
3. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
4. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
5. What did Pi build a raft out of?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)