|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
(a) His father wanted to give Pi a broader view of life and religion.
(b) His father worried about the political situation in India.
(c) His father thought there would be changes in India because of Mrs. Ghandi.
(d) His father hoped to provide a better life for the family in Canada.
2. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
(a) Yes. It signifies that Pi has not yet assimilated what he has learned from the two Mr. Kumars.
(b) No, but it made Pi feel uncomfortable.
(c) Yes. It represents the two sides of Pi's character--his piety and his interest in creation.
(d) No. It was just an event that happened.
3. What did Richard Parker kill while Pi was building the raft?
(a) A bird.
(b) A rat.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A fish.
4. What happened when the two Mr. Kumars in Pi's life meet by chance at the zoo?
(a) Pi invited both Mr. Kumars to stay for tea at the zoo.
(b) The two Mr. Kumars discussed Pi's interfaith practices.
(c) Pi gave them both carrots to feed the zebras.
(d) Nothing. After an introduction they each went their separate ways.
5. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
2. What did Pi start to follow after his food supplies run low?
3. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
4. What were the greatest of contradictions, according to Pi?
5. What sea creatures were around the boat most of the time?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)