|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
(a) Set it free into the water.
(b) Used it to build a wall to block Richard Parker's view of him sleeping.
(c) Put it on the dry land to keep it safe.
(d) Tethered it to the boat.
2. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
(a) Fell asleep exhausted, wrapped in his warm blanket.
(b) Prepared to battle the tiger.
(c) Moved closer to the tiger for protection.
(d) Created a fishing line to use to catch food.
3. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
(a) No, but it made Pi feel uncomfortable.
(b) No. It was just an event that happened.
(c) Yes. It represents the two sides of Pi's character--his piety and his interest in creation.
(d) Yes. It signifies that Pi has not yet assimilated what he has learned from the two Mr. Kumars.
4. What did Richard Parker kill while Pi was building the raft?
(a) A bird.
(b) A rat.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A fish.
5. What sea creatures were around the boat most of the time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
2. What happened when the two Mr. Kumars in Pi's life meet by chance at the zoo?
3. What happened as starvation began to set in?
4. What did Pi always feel at the center of?
5. What did Pi start to follow after his food supplies run low?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)