|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened as starvation began to set in?
(a) Pi's body began to break down and standing was difficult.
(b) Pi thought about killing and eating the tiger.
(c) Pi gave up the will to survive.
(d) Pi spent all day rocking back and forth on the raft.
2. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
(a) Used it to build a wall to block Richard Parker's view of him sleeping.
(b) Put it on the dry land to keep it safe.
(c) Set it free into the water.
(d) Tethered it to the boat.
3. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
(a) Richard Parker.
(b) A voice.
(c) A friend.
(d) A rat.
4. What did Pi always feel at the center of?
(a) The circle of life.
(b) A huge circle made of sky and ocean.
(c) A circle of despair and hopelessness.
(d) The circle of the sea.
5. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
(a) Fell asleep exhausted, wrapped in his warm blanket.
(b) Moved closer to the tiger for protection.
(c) Created a fishing line to use to catch food.
(d) Prepared to battle the tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the tiger like to lean over the edge of the boat and club to death, then eat?
2. What happened when the two Mr. Kumars in Pi's life meet by chance at the zoo?
3. What sea creatures were around the boat most of the time?
4. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
5. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)