|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
(a) Kill him and cast him off onto the raft, adrift in the sea.
(b) Keep him around for protection.
(c) Get rid of him and have the lifeboat to himself.
(d) Kill him and bury him on land.
2. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
(a) His father wanted to give Pi a broader view of life and religion.
(b) His father thought there would be changes in India because of Mrs. Ghandi.
(c) His father hoped to provide a better life for the family in Canada.
(d) His father worried about the political situation in India.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 30, what does the author say he learned about Pi when they met?
(a) That Pi was twice divorced.
(b) That Pi did not believe in marriage.
(c) That Pi's wife's name is Meena and she is a doctor.
(d) That Pi was married.
4. What sea creatures were around the boat most of the time?
5. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
(a) Created a fishing line to use to catch food.
(b) Moved closer to the tiger for protection.
(c) Fell asleep exhausted, wrapped in his warm blanket.
(d) Prepared to battle the tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
2. What did Pi start to follow after his food supplies run low?
3. What did Pi always feel at the center of?
4. What happened as starvation began to set in?
5. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)