|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
(a) Set it free into the water.
(b) Tethered it to the boat.
(c) Put it on the dry land to keep it safe.
(d) Used it to build a wall to block Richard Parker's view of him sleeping.
2. What happened when the two Mr. Kumars in Pi's life meet by chance at the zoo?
(a) Nothing. After an introduction they each went their separate ways.
(b) Pi invited both Mr. Kumars to stay for tea at the zoo.
(c) The two Mr. Kumars discussed Pi's interfaith practices.
(d) Pi gave them both carrots to feed the zebras.
3. What did Pi start to follow after his food supplies run low?
(a) His faith, knowing he can catch more fish.
(b) The tiger, to where the tiger has sequestered fish.
(c) The recommended daily intake in the survival guide.
(d) His normal routine.
4. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
(a) Fell asleep exhausted, wrapped in his warm blanket.
(b) Created a fishing line to use to catch food.
(c) Moved closer to the tiger for protection.
(d) Prepared to battle the tiger.
5. What were the greatest of contradictions, according to Pi?
(a) Faith and hopelessness.
(b) Boredom and terror.
(c) Darkness of the night and the daylight.
(d) The sea and the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
2. What happened as starvation began to set in?
3. What sea creatures were around the boat most of the time?
4. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
5. What did Pi always feel at the center of?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)