|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi build a raft out of?
(a) Wood and rope.
(b) Life jackets and floating oars.
(c) Logs and life jackets.
(d) Oars and floating logs.
2. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
(a) No. It was just an event that happened.
(b) No, but it made Pi feel uncomfortable.
(c) Yes. It signifies that Pi has not yet assimilated what he has learned from the two Mr. Kumars.
(d) Yes. It represents the two sides of Pi's character--his piety and his interest in creation.
3. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
(a) Put it on the dry land to keep it safe.
(b) Used it to build a wall to block Richard Parker's view of him sleeping.
(c) Set it free into the water.
(d) Tethered it to the boat.
4. What happened when the two Mr. Kumars in Pi's life meet by chance at the zoo?
(a) The two Mr. Kumars discussed Pi's interfaith practices.
(b) Pi invited both Mr. Kumars to stay for tea at the zoo.
(c) Nothing. After an introduction they each went their separate ways.
(d) Pi gave them both carrots to feed the zebras.
5. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
(a) His father wanted to give Pi a broader view of life and religion.
(b) His father worried about the political situation in India.
(c) His father thought there would be changes in India because of Mrs. Ghandi.
(d) His father hoped to provide a better life for the family in Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
2. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
3. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
4. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
5. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)