|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
(a) Tethered it to the boat.
(b) Put it on the dry land to keep it safe.
(c) Used it to build a wall to block Richard Parker's view of him sleeping.
(d) Set it free into the water.
2. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
(a) His father wanted to give Pi a broader view of life and religion.
(b) His father thought there would be changes in India because of Mrs. Ghandi.
(c) His father worried about the political situation in India.
(d) His father hoped to provide a better life for the family in Canada.
3. What did Pi start to follow after his food supplies run low?
(a) His normal routine.
(b) The tiger, to where the tiger has sequestered fish.
(c) His faith, knowing he can catch more fish.
(d) The recommended daily intake in the survival guide.
4. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
(a) A rat.
(b) A friend.
(c) A voice.
(d) Richard Parker.
5. What were the greatest of contradictions, according to Pi?
(a) Darkness of the night and the daylight.
(b) Boredom and terror.
(c) The sea and the sky.
(d) Faith and hopelessness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 30, what does the author say he learned about Pi when they met?
3. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
4. What sea creatures were around the boat most of the time?
5. What did the tiger like to lean over the edge of the boat and club to death, then eat?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)