|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi always feel at the center of?
(a) The circle of the sea.
(b) A huge circle made of sky and ocean.
(c) The circle of life.
(d) A circle of despair and hopelessness.
2. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
(a) Kill him and bury him on land.
(b) Keep him around for protection.
(c) Kill him and cast him off onto the raft, adrift in the sea.
(d) Get rid of him and have the lifeboat to himself.
3. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
(a) Set it free into the water.
(b) Put it on the dry land to keep it safe.
(c) Used it to build a wall to block Richard Parker's view of him sleeping.
(d) Tethered it to the boat.
4. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
(a) Monkeys living with a zebra.
(b) Sheep living with a rhino.
(c) A mouse living with a viper.
(d) A cat living with a lion.
5. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
(a) Yes. It represents the two sides of Pi's character--his piety and his interest in creation.
(b) Yes. It signifies that Pi has not yet assimilated what he has learned from the two Mr. Kumars.
(c) No, but it made Pi feel uncomfortable.
(d) No. It was just an event that happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened as starvation began to set in?
2. What did Pi build a raft out of?
3. What did Pi start to follow after his food supplies run low?
4. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
5. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)