|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
(a) His father hoped to provide a better life for the family in Canada.
(b) His father thought there would be changes in India because of Mrs. Ghandi.
(c) His father worried about the political situation in India.
(d) His father wanted to give Pi a broader view of life and religion.
2. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
(a) Yes. It signifies that Pi has not yet assimilated what he has learned from the two Mr. Kumars.
(b) Yes. It represents the two sides of Pi's character--his piety and his interest in creation.
(c) No. It was just an event that happened.
(d) No, but it made Pi feel uncomfortable.
3. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
(a) Tethered it to the boat.
(b) Used it to build a wall to block Richard Parker's view of him sleeping.
(c) Put it on the dry land to keep it safe.
(d) Set it free into the water.
4. What did Pi start to follow after his food supplies run low?
(a) The recommended daily intake in the survival guide.
(b) The tiger, to where the tiger has sequestered fish.
(c) His faith, knowing he can catch more fish.
(d) His normal routine.
5. What did Pi build a raft out of?
(a) Oars and floating logs.
(b) Wood and rope.
(c) Logs and life jackets.
(d) Life jackets and floating oars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
2. What happened as starvation began to set in?
3. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 30, what does the author say he learned about Pi when they met?
5. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)