|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
(a) Yes. It represents the two sides of Pi's character--his piety and his interest in creation.
(b) Yes. It signifies that Pi has not yet assimilated what he has learned from the two Mr. Kumars.
(c) No, but it made Pi feel uncomfortable.
(d) No. It was just an event that happened.
2. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
(a) Created a fishing line to use to catch food.
(b) Moved closer to the tiger for protection.
(c) Prepared to battle the tiger.
(d) Fell asleep exhausted, wrapped in his warm blanket.
3. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
4. What were the greatest of contradictions, according to Pi?
(a) Faith and hopelessness.
(b) Darkness of the night and the daylight.
(c) The sea and the sky.
(d) Boredom and terror.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 30, what does the author say he learned about Pi when they met?
(a) That Pi was twice divorced.
(b) That Pi was married.
(c) That Pi's wife's name is Meena and she is a doctor.
(d) That Pi did not believe in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
2. What sea creatures were around the boat most of the time?
3. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
4. What happened as starvation began to set in?
5. What did Richard Parker kill while Pi was building the raft?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)