|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
(a) Moved closer to the tiger for protection.
(b) Fell asleep exhausted, wrapped in his warm blanket.
(c) Created a fishing line to use to catch food.
(d) Prepared to battle the tiger.
2. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
(a) His father worried about the political situation in India.
(b) His father wanted to give Pi a broader view of life and religion.
(c) His father hoped to provide a better life for the family in Canada.
(d) His father thought there would be changes in India because of Mrs. Ghandi.
3. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
(a) Keep him around for protection.
(b) Kill him and bury him on land.
(c) Kill him and cast him off onto the raft, adrift in the sea.
(d) Get rid of him and have the lifeboat to himself.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 30, what does the author say he learned about Pi when they met?
(a) That Pi was twice divorced.
(b) That Pi was married.
(c) That Pi did not believe in marriage.
(d) That Pi's wife's name is Meena and she is a doctor.
5. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
(a) Used it to build a wall to block Richard Parker's view of him sleeping.
(b) Put it on the dry land to keep it safe.
(c) Set it free into the water.
(d) Tethered it to the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi start to follow after his food supplies run low?
2. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
3. What sea creatures were around the boat most of the time?
4. What did Pi always feel at the center of?
5. What did the tiger like to lean over the edge of the boat and club to death, then eat?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)