|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
(a) His father wanted to give Pi a broader view of life and religion.
(b) His father thought there would be changes in India because of Mrs. Ghandi.
(c) His father hoped to provide a better life for the family in Canada.
(d) His father worried about the political situation in India.
2. What happened when the two Mr. Kumars in Pi's life meet by chance at the zoo?
(a) Pi gave them both carrots to feed the zebras.
(b) Pi invited both Mr. Kumars to stay for tea at the zoo.
(c) The two Mr. Kumars discussed Pi's interfaith practices.
(d) Nothing. After an introduction they each went their separate ways.
3. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
(a) Richard Parker.
(b) A friend.
(c) A voice.
(d) A rat.
4. What did the tiger like to lean over the edge of the boat and club to death, then eat?
5. What happened as starvation began to set in?
(a) Pi thought about killing and eating the tiger.
(b) Pi gave up the will to survive.
(c) Pi's body began to break down and standing was difficult.
(d) Pi spent all day rocking back and forth on the raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pi build a raft out of?
2. What did Pi start to follow after his food supplies run low?
3. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
4. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
5. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)