|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
(a) Used it to build a wall to block Richard Parker's view of him sleeping.
(b) Put it on the dry land to keep it safe.
(c) Set it free into the water.
(d) Tethered it to the boat.
2. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
3. What happened as starvation began to set in?
(a) Pi's body began to break down and standing was difficult.
(b) Pi spent all day rocking back and forth on the raft.
(c) Pi thought about killing and eating the tiger.
(d) Pi gave up the will to survive.
4. What did Pi always feel at the center of?
(a) The circle of life.
(b) A circle of despair and hopelessness.
(c) A huge circle made of sky and ocean.
(d) The circle of the sea.
5. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
(a) Sheep living with a rhino.
(b) Monkeys living with a zebra.
(c) A mouse living with a viper.
(d) A cat living with a lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 30, what does the author say he learned about Pi when they met?
2. What did the tiger like to lean over the edge of the boat and club to death, then eat?
3. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
4. What sea creatures were around the boat most of the time?
5. What happened when the two Mr. Kumars in Pi's life meet by chance at the zoo?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)