|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
(a) Kill him and bury him on land.
(b) Get rid of him and have the lifeboat to himself.
(c) Kill him and cast him off onto the raft, adrift in the sea.
(d) Keep him around for protection.
2. What were the greatest of contradictions, according to Pi?
(a) Darkness of the night and the daylight.
(b) Boredom and terror.
(c) The sea and the sky.
(d) Faith and hopelessness.
3. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
(a) Set it free into the water.
(b) Put it on the dry land to keep it safe.
(c) Used it to build a wall to block Richard Parker's view of him sleeping.
(d) Tethered it to the boat.
4. What did Pi always feel at the center of?
(a) A huge circle made of sky and ocean.
(b) The circle of the sea.
(c) The circle of life.
(d) A circle of despair and hopelessness.
5. What did the tiger like to lean over the edge of the boat and club to death, then eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
2. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
3. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
4. What did Pi start to follow after his food supplies run low?
5. What happened when the two Mr. Kumars in Pi's life meet by chance at the zoo?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)