|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened as starvation began to set in?
(a) Pi gave up the will to survive.
(b) Pi spent all day rocking back and forth on the raft.
(c) Pi thought about killing and eating the tiger.
(d) Pi's body began to break down and standing was difficult.
2. Which of the reasons listed below is NOT one of the reasons Pi's father decided to move the family to Canada?
(a) His father wanted to give Pi a broader view of life and religion.
(b) His father hoped to provide a better life for the family in Canada.
(c) His father thought there would be changes in India because of Mrs. Ghandi.
(d) His father worried about the political situation in India.
3. What did Pi build a raft out of?
(a) Oars and floating logs.
(b) Life jackets and floating oars.
(c) Logs and life jackets.
(d) Wood and rope.
4. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
(a) Yes. It represents the two sides of Pi's character--his piety and his interest in creation.
(b) No, but it made Pi feel uncomfortable.
(c) No. It was just an event that happened.
(d) Yes. It signifies that Pi has not yet assimilated what he has learned from the two Mr. Kumars.
5. What did Richard Parker kill while Pi was building the raft?
(a) A fish.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A rat.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when the two Mr. Kumars in Pi's life meet by chance at the zoo?
2. What did Pi plan to do with Richard Parker the night after he finished the raft?
3. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
4. Pi's interest in which of the following is one of the themes that runs throughout the book?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 30, what does the author say he learned about Pi when they met?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)