One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 77 | Part 2 Chapter 78 | Part 2 Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinced Pi he wasn't going to die?
(a) A rat.
(b) A friend.
(c) A voice.
(d) Richard Parker.
2. What did Pi always feel at the center of?
(a) The circle of the sea.
(b) The circle of life.
(c) A huge circle made of sky and ocean.
(d) A circle of despair and hopelessness.
3. What happened as starvation began to set in?
(a) Pi gave up the will to survive.
(b) Pi spent all day rocking back and forth on the raft.
(c) Pi thought about killing and eating the tiger.
(d) Pi's body began to break down and standing was difficult.
4. What were the greatest of contradictions, according to Pi?
(a) Boredom and terror.
(b) Darkness of the night and the daylight.
(c) Faith and hopelessness.
(d) The sea and the sky.
5. What did Pi do when the sun rose the day after he built his raft?
(a) Prepared to battle the tiger.
(b) Fell asleep exhausted, wrapped in his warm blanket.
(c) Created a fishing line to use to catch food.
(d) Moved closer to the tiger for protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when the two Mr. Kumars in Pi's life meet by chance at the zoo?
2. Does the meeting at the zoo between the two Mr. Kumars have any special significance?
3. Which of the following does Pi discuss as a strange living arrangement of animals?
4. What did the tiger like to lean over the edge of the boat and club to death, then eat?
5. Pi did what with the raft after he built it?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)