|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator state is inspired principally by fear of consequences?
2. Where in the Bible does it say, "His purpose in dying for all was that men, while still in life, should cease to live for themselves, and should live for him who for their sake died and was raised to life"?
3. Who did Herod believe that Christ was, risen from the dead?
4. Who was the only Apostle who did not ask, "Is it I?" in reference to who was going to betray Jesus?
5. All of the following people had their last words recorded in Scripture except for who?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the seven petitions in the "Our Father" which Jesus taught men to pray?
2. Describe the meaning of the passage in Luke 19:40.
3. What is the symbolism behind the blood and water in Chapter 52?
4. When was the beginning of the betrayal of Judas against Jesus? Explain.
5. What was the double effect of the condemnation of Our Lord in Chapter 46?
6. Out of all the disciples and followers, how many stayed near the tomb to watch? What is the significance of this number?
7. What is the intrinsic connection between the soldier piercing the Heart of Christ on the Cross and the rending of the veil of the temple?
8. What did the women do after finding out about the Resurrection of Jesus? What did the chief priests do after hearing about the Resurrection?
9. Discuss the symbolism of the sword and the cup in Chapter 42.
10. Discuss the motives of Joseph's brethren as detailed in Chapter 31.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a critical essay, discuss the moral and ethical implications of the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay examining the three quarrellings that came about after Jesus spoke of His death in a veiled manner to His Apostles. Explain the significance of each of the three quarrellings.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Jesus was considered the Savior of the world.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)