|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The end of Chapter 40 says that in the "Our Father" which He taught men to pray there were ______ petitions.
2. To whom did Jesus tell that "human nature does not achieve greatness through poetry and art, but by passing through a death"?
3. Who was forced to help Jesus carry the Cross in Chapter 48?
4. In the Old Testament, what did those who served God have to be?
5. Who was in the garden with Jesus in Chapter 42?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the last parable Jesus told? What did it signify?
2. What moment might have been the only time when Jesus was preoccupied with His own sorrows?
3. Why did the Pharisees request a guard until the "third day" in front of Jesus' tomb?
4. What was the double effect of the condemnation of Our Lord in Chapter 46?
5. In what two ways did Jesus address His Apostles in Chapter 39?
6. Which three people stayed close to the Cross? What did these three people represent?
7. Discuss the symbolism of the sword and the cup in Chapter 42.
8. What is the symbolism behind the blood and water in Chapter 52?
9. Why was danger lurking for Peter in Chapter 44?
10. What question did Pilate ask Jesus in Chapter 47? What was the significance of this question?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay examining how Apostle Peter functions in the book. Discuss how Peter affects Jesus and his relation to Jesus.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the major similarities and differences in a sequence of two parallel events that occurred in Jesus' life, such as Jesus' prophecy that an Apostle would betray Him to Peter betraying Jesus. Discuss the significance of such events.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Jesus was considered the Savior of the world.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)