|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Jesus tell that "human nature does not achieve greatness through poetry and art, but by passing through a death"?
2. Whose death was the first one in the world?
3. Who asked Jesus in John 13:37, "Lord, why cannot I follow now? I will lay down my life for you"?
4. How many times were words spoken to Jesus on the Cross?
5. What was to be the burden of the New Testament?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the two ways in which the Sanhedrin could get the seal of Pilate in Chapter 45? Which method was chosen?
2. What question did Pilate ask Jesus in Chapter 47? What was the significance of this question?
3. What is the intrinsic connection between the soldier piercing the Heart of Christ on the Cross and the rending of the veil of the temple?
4. How did Pilate try to confuse the Jews in Chapter 47? What was the outcome?
5. Describe Jesus' two natures and their charges they had against them in the religious trial.
6. Why did Jesus use bread and wine as the elements of His memorial?
7. Explain who and how the two men helped Mary claim Jesus as her own.
8. Why did the Pharisees request a guard until the "third day" in front of Jesus' tomb?
9. What was the last parable Jesus told? What did it signify?
10. What is the symbolism behind the blood and water in Chapter 52?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and composite Christ's family tree. Use the text and any other outside resources to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a Scripture found in the book and write an essay identifying the passage and explaining its relationship to the life of Christ. Analyze the reason for its effectiveness.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay examining the three quarrellings that came about after Jesus spoke of His death in a veiled manner to His Apostles. Explain the significance of each of the three quarrellings.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)