|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days after His death did Jesus rise from the dead?
2. What is the name of the soldier who opened the treasures of His Sacred Heart, was cured of an affliction of blindness, and later died as a bishop and a martyr of the Church?
3. How many others were crucified with Jesus?
4. Who led a band of officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, carrying lanterns, torches, and weapons?
5. The beginning of Chapter 28 says that Jesus' plan was initially to limit His Gospel to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the women do after finding out about the Resurrection of Jesus? What did the chief priests do after hearing about the Resurrection?
2. In what two ways did Jesus address His Apostles in Chapter 39?
3. What was the prophecy of Zechariah?
4. Describe the meaning of the passage in Luke 19:40.
5. Explain who and how the two men helped Mary claim Jesus as her own.
6. Why was danger lurking for Peter in Chapter 44?
7. Which three people stayed close to the Cross? What did these three people represent?
8. What is the intrinsic connection between the soldier piercing the Heart of Christ on the Cross and the rending of the veil of the temple?
9. What is the symbolism behind the blood and water in Chapter 52?
10. What prophecies in Chapter 39 did Jesus predict for His followers that happened?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the lesson on purity and property Jesus taught to His Apostles. What is the overall meaning of this lesson?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the major similarities and differences in a sequence of two parallel events that occurred in Jesus' life, such as Jesus' prophecy that an Apostle would betray Him to Peter betraying Jesus. Discuss the significance of such events.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and composite Christ's family tree. Use the text and any other outside resources to support your essay.
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)