|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name did the Lord call Peter?
2. Where in the Bible is the following Scripture found: "Pass no judgment, and you will not be judged"?
3. Where is the following statement found: "In the 24th year of Tchao-Wang of the dynasty of the Tcheou, on the 8th day of the 4th moon, a light appeared in the Southwest which illumined the king's palace"?
4. The narrator reveals that the purpose of Jesus' coming into this world was to supply ______ and ______.
5. Who was the vassal of Caesar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Analyze the key to the Sermon on the Mount.
2. What does "reason" dictate according to the author? What does "reason" assure?
3. Compare and contrast the two different kinds of bread in Chapter 14.
4. Describe the two different types of swords discussed in Chapter 27. Explain the meanings of the swords.
5. According to the author in Chapter 1, how did the Magi of the East know of His coming?
6. What animal was used as a victim of sacrifice? Why was this animal used?
7. Why were the Pharisees angry that Jesus restored sight to the blind man in Chapter 22?
8. Define and describe the Magnificat in Chapter 2.
9. Explain how Jesus identified Personality.
10. What subject did Jesus preach to prepare the Apostle's souls for His lifework and to indicate the conditions under which others would enter into His Kingdom? Explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay analyzing the purpose, importance, and illusion of the Cross throughout the book Life of Christ.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a Scripture found in the book and write an essay identifying the passage and explaining its relationship to the life of Christ. Analyze the reason for its effectiveness.
Essay Topic 3
Research a scene or event from the book you would like to investigate or learn more about. Cite your references.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)