|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Andrew referred to in the New Testament?
2. How many times did Satan try to tempt Jesus in Chapter 3?
3. According to the narrator, John followed Our Divine Lord's teaching that what was holy and indivisible?
4. Who calls himself "the chief of sinners" in Chapter 17?
5. Mark 10:23 states, "How hard it will be for the ______ to enter the kingdom of God!"
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the implication of the story in Luke 7:41, 42?
2. Discuss the three categories of temptation men fall into, as outlined in Chapter 3.
3. Describe the two different types of swords discussed in Chapter 27. Explain the meanings of the swords.
4. Compare and contrast the two different kinds of bread in Chapter 14.
5. What double trick was presented to the Lord when the Scribes and Pharisees brought forth the adulterous woman?
6. Discuss the prophecies of Plato and Socrates, Confucius, The Sibyls, and the Greek dramatist pre-announcing Jesus in Chapter 1.
7. Briefly discuss the three times Jesus was explicit about the purpose of His coming.
8. Describe the assault on Jesus' life in Bethsaida.
9. Briefly discuss the three important scenes of Jesus' life that took place on mountains.
10. Briefly discuss the two things that happened at the Feast of Tabernacles.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Jesus was the Servant of the servants. Use specific examples from the text, including passages from Scripture, to support and justify your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the major similarities and differences in a sequence of two parallel events that occurred in Jesus' life, such as Jesus' prophecy that an Apostle would betray Him to Peter betraying Jesus. Discuss the significance of such events.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and composite Christ's family tree. Use the text and any other outside resources to support your essay.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)