|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the name Emmanuel mean?
2. To what city is "House of Bread" a direct reference?
3. Which two Apostles made themselves prominent by resenting the rudeness of the Samaritan villagers and asking Our Lord to destroy them?
4. What does the author state was the climax of Jesus' mission on earth?
5. Which two people does the entire history of the world revolve around according to Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Jesus identified Personality.
2. What was custom etiquette of one entering another's home in Jesus' day?
3. According to the author in Chapter 1, how did the Magi of the East know of His coming?
4. What subject did Jesus preach to prepare the Apostle's souls for His lifework and to indicate the conditions under which others would enter into His Kingdom? Explain.
5. What double trick was presented to the Lord when the Scribes and Pharisees brought forth the adulterous woman?
6. Compare and contrast the two different kinds of bread in Chapter 14.
7. Briefly discuss the two things that happened at the Feast of Tabernacles.
8. What was the implication of the story in Luke 7:41, 42?
9. Discuss the three categories of temptation men fall into, as outlined in Chapter 3.
10. Discuss the trick intellectuals sometimes use to escape personal responsibility.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a detailed essay examining how Jesus was more than a Teacher. Use specific examples from the text to justify your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what the Temple is, its purpose, and its significance to Jesus.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Jesus was the Servant of the servants. Use specific examples from the text, including passages from Scripture, to support and justify your answer.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)