|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the name Emmanuel mean?
2. Where did three important scenes of Our Lord's life take place according to the narrator?
3. What does the author state was the climax of Jesus' mission on earth?
4. Which title did Our Lord use most often to describe Himself?
5. How many husbands did the Samaritan woman have in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the three categories of temptation men fall into, as outlined in Chapter 3.
2. Analyze the key to the Sermon on the Mount.
3. Discuss the manger and the Cross. What did these two extremities stand for?
4. Describe the two different types of swords discussed in Chapter 27. Explain the meanings of the swords.
5. Define and describe the Magnificat in Chapter 2.
6. What subject did Jesus preach to prepare the Apostle's souls for His lifework and to indicate the conditions under which others would enter into His Kingdom? Explain.
7. Discuss the trick intellectuals sometimes use to escape personal responsibility.
8. What animal was used as a victim of sacrifice? Why was this animal used?
9. Discuss the three times that Our Blessed Lord used an instance from the Old Testament to symbolize Himself.
10. According to the author in Chapter 1, how did the Magi of the East know of His coming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define temptation and analyze the different temptations Jesus faced in His lifetime. What were the purpose and the significance of these temptations?
Essay Topic 2
In a critical essay, discuss the moral and ethical implications of the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a Scripture found in the book and write an essay identifying the passage and explaining its relationship to the life of Christ. Analyze the reason for its effectiveness.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)