|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for Jesus?
2. Who tried to claim that Jesus giving sight to the blind man in Chapter 22 was not a miracle?
3. How is the word "ersatz" best defined in the context of Chapter 11?
4. What is the name of the Apostle who betrayed Jesus in Chapter 15?
5. John 10:9 states, "I am the ______; anyone who comes into the fold through me shall be safe."
Short Essay Questions
1. What double trick was presented to the Lord when the Scribes and Pharisees brought forth the adulterous woman?
2. Discuss the three categories of temptation men fall into, as outlined in Chapter 3.
3. What animal was used as a victim of sacrifice? Why was this animal used?
4. What was True Freedom according to Jesus?
5. Briefly discuss the three important scenes of Jesus' life that took place on mountains.
6. Describe the assault on Jesus' life in Bethsaida.
7. Analyze the key to the Sermon on the Mount.
8. Briefly discuss the prehistory of Christ.
9. What does "reason" dictate according to the author? What does "reason" assure?
10. Define and describe the Magnificat in Chapter 2.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define temptation and analyze the different temptations Jesus faced in His lifetime. What were the purpose and the significance of these temptations?
Essay Topic 2
Research a scene or event from the book you would like to investigate or learn more about. Cite your references.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and composite Christ's family tree. Use the text and any other outside resources to support your essay.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)