|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Herod believe that Christ was, risen from the dead?
(c) John the Baptist.
2. What was to be the burden of the New Testament?
3. Who wrote the poem, "Jesus of the Scars" in Chapter 59?
(a) Edward Shillito.
(b) Henry Adams.
(c) John Milton.
(d) Dylan Thomas.
4. How many times after His Resurrection did Jesus give the solemn benediction of peace?
5. How many times did Jesus avail Himself of the parable of the vine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led a band of officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, carrying lanterns, torches, and weapons?
2. Who does Chapter 43 reveal crucified Jesus?
3. In the Old Testament, what did those who served God have to be?
4. Who invoked in an oath claiming he did not know Jesus in Matthew 26:74?
5. How old was Jesus when he was crucified?
Short Essay Questions
1. Out of all the disciples and followers, how many stayed near the tomb to watch? What is the significance of this number?
2. What question did Pilate ask Jesus in Chapter 47? What was the significance of this question?
3. What prophecies in Chapter 39 did Jesus predict for His followers that happened?
4. Explain who and how the two men helped Mary claim Jesus as her own.
5. What was the double effect of the condemnation of Our Lord in Chapter 46?
6. When was the beginning of the betrayal of Judas against Jesus? Explain.
7. What were the two of the most famous feet washings in history?
8. What is the intrinsic connection between the soldier piercing the Heart of Christ on the Cross and the rending of the veil of the temple?
9. Describe Jesus' two natures and their charges they had against them in the religious trial.
10. What were the two ways in which the Sanhedrin could get the seal of Pilate in Chapter 45? Which method was chosen?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)