|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator believe self-denial brings?
2. Who wrote the poem, "Jesus of the Scars" in Chapter 59?
(a) Dylan Thomas.
(b) John Milton.
(c) Edward Shillito.
(d) Henry Adams.
3. After the reading of the prophetical promise of the Messiah, there came the high priestly benediction in which Book?
4. Who was considered to be the new Jacob, without guile, who was promised that he could see Christ as the Mediator between heaven and earth?
5. Where in the Bible are the first recorded words of Judas?
(a) John 12:5.
(b) Ecclesiastes 3:13.
(c) Psalm 27:1.
(d) 1 Corinthians 3:16.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the Bible does it state that "God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, that everyone who has faith in him may not die but have eternal life?"
2. Who says, "For the wound which is borne in God's way brings a change of heart too salutary to regret" in II Corinthians 7:10?
3. For how much did Judas value the life of Jesus?
4. Who gave Jesus His new tomb in Chapter 53?
5. What does the narrator say is not an heirloom, but a life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the prophecy of Zechariah?
2. What prophecies in Chapter 39 did Jesus predict for His followers that happened?
3. What was the double effect of the condemnation of Our Lord in Chapter 46?
4. Describe Jesus' two natures and their charges they had against them in the religious trial.
5. What question did Pilate ask Jesus in Chapter 47? What was the significance of this question?
6. What is the intrinsic connection between the soldier piercing the Heart of Christ on the Cross and the rending of the veil of the temple?
7. Why was danger lurking for Peter in Chapter 44?
8. Which three people stayed close to the Cross? What did these three people represent?
9. What were the two of the most famous feet washings in history?
10. Out of all the disciples and followers, how many stayed near the tomb to watch? What is the significance of this number?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)