|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chapter 43 reveal crucified Jesus?
2. The first sermon that John the Baptist preached was to do what?
3. How many times did Jesus speak from the Cross?
4. To whom did Jesus tell that "human nature does not achieve greatness through poetry and art, but by passing through a death"?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Irish.
(d) The Jews.
5. In Chapter 38, who anointed Christ in preparation for His burial, realizing the future better than any other guest and how near He was to His death?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Pilate attempt to free Jesus?
2. Who was the only Apostle who did not ask, "Is it I?" in reference to who was going to betray Jesus?
3. What city was Jesus in when He cured the man sick of the palsy?
4. The beginning of Chapter 28 says that Jesus' plan was initially to limit His Gospel to whom?
5. Who said, "Let Rome, not us, decide on His death. We will be without blame for killing One so loved by the people, and the Romans will be responsible"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain who and how the two men helped Mary claim Jesus as her own.
2. What is the intrinsic connection between the soldier piercing the Heart of Christ on the Cross and the rending of the veil of the temple?
3. What prophecies in Chapter 39 did Jesus predict for His followers that happened?
4. Describe the meaning of the passage in Luke 19:40.
5. What was the double effect of the condemnation of Our Lord in Chapter 46?
6. Why did Jesus use bread and wine as the elements of His memorial?
7. What were the two of the most famous feet washings in history?
8. What was the last parable Jesus told? What did it signify?
9. What were the seven petitions in the "Our Father" which Jesus taught men to pray?
10. What question did Pilate ask Jesus in Chapter 47? What was the significance of this question?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)