|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Jesus to his home for a meal in the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. According to Chapter 8, what became the common denominator between the sinless and a sinner?
3. Who said, "Search the writings of the Jewish people and the related history of the Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, and Romans"?
4. The narrator reveals that the purpose of Jesus' coming into this world was to supply ______ and ______.
(a) Peace / honor.
(b) Mercy / light.
(c) Ransom / redemption.
(d) Obedience / Patience.
5. Who gave the saddest picture of all in prophesying that the Messiah-shepherd would be struck, and the sheep dispersed?
(b) St. Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two Apostles were also crucified?
2. Jesus says that He became the Son of Man because the Father sent Him on a mission of redeeming man through what?
3. To whom does the term "bridegroom" in Chapter 9 best refer?
4. To whom does the Paschal Lamb best refer?
5. What book announced the coming of Christ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "reason" dictate according to the author? What does "reason" assure?
2. Discuss Jesus' philosophy of life as detailed in Chapter 8.
3. Briefly discuss the three important scenes of Jesus' life that took place on mountains.
4. What was the implication of the story in Luke 7:41, 42?
5. Compare and contrast the two different kinds of bread in Chapter 14.
6. What was custom etiquette of one entering another's home in Jesus' day?
7. Discuss the three categories of temptation men fall into, as outlined in Chapter 3.
8. Describe the assault on Jesus' life in Bethsaida.
9. Discuss the trick intellectuals sometimes use to escape personal responsibility.
10. Discuss the relationship between God and Israel as detailed in the Old Testament.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)