|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 37, who had difficulty with the humiliation the Cross demanded?
2. To whom did Jesus tell that "human nature does not achieve greatness through poetry and art, but by passing through a death"?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Irish.
3. Who said, "Let Rome, not us, decide on His death. We will be without blame for killing One so loved by the people, and the Romans will be responsible"?
4. Who says, "For the wound which is borne in God's way brings a change of heart too salutary to regret" in II Corinthians 7:10?
(b) St. Paul.
(d) St. Luke.
5. Who gave Jesus His new tomb in Chapter 53?
6. Who was the first after the Mission of the Spirit on Pentecost to preach the Gospel to his fellow men?
7. How many times did Pilate attempt to free Jesus?
8. How many times after His Resurrection did Jesus give the solemn benediction of peace?
9. How many days after the Ascension were the Apostles gathered together awaiting the Spirit Who would teach them and reveal to them all that Our Blessed Lord had taught them?
10. How many times did Jesus use the word "Father" during the Last Supper?
11. Which of Jesus' Apostles was hanged from an olive tree in Greece?
12. How many times did Jesus speak from the Cross?
13. What city was Jesus in when He cured the man sick of the palsy?
14. What were the first words spoken to Jesus on the Cross?
(a) "Why have you forsaken me?"
(b) "Come down from the Cross."
(c) "Stay up there."
(d) "Who are you?"
15. After the reading of the prophetical promise of the Messiah, there came the high priestly benediction in which Book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in the garden with Jesus in Chapter 42?
2. Where in the Bible are the first recorded words of Judas?
3. At the end of Chapter 51, what became the law in the House of Levi?
4. Who was the only one with the authority to put Christ to death?
5. For how much did Judas value the life of Jesus?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)