|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a leader of the Jewish underground against the Romans?
2. Where in the Bible does it state that "God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, that everyone who has faith in him may not die but have eternal life?"
(a) Isaiah 35:4.
(b) Psalm 23.
(c) John 3:16.
(d) Proverbs 18:10.
3. Who asked Jesus in John 13:37, "Lord, why cannot I follow now? I will lay down my life for you"?
4. Who wrote the poem, "Jesus of the Scars" in Chapter 59?
(a) Henry Adams.
(b) Edward Shillito.
(c) Dylan Thomas.
(d) John Milton.
5. Who gave Jesus His new tomb in Chapter 53?
6. Matthew 26:32 reads, "But after I am raised again, I will go on before you into ______."
7. How many days after His death did Jesus rise from the dead?
8. At the end of Chapter 44, Peter was fulled with ______ and Judas was filled with ______.
(a) Redemption / solitude.
(b) Fear / Doubt.
(c) Repentance / remorse.
(d) Contentment / Assurance.
9. How old was Jesus when he was crucified?
10. Who was the only Roman woman in the Gospels and a woman of the very highest rank?
11. In Chapter 38, who anointed Christ in preparation for His burial, realizing the future better than any other guest and how near He was to His death?
12. Where in the Bible does it say, "His purpose in dying for all was that men, while still in life, should cease to live for themselves, and should live for him who for their sake died and was raised to life"?
13. What color robe did the narrator believe was put on Jesus to mock Him of His claim to be a King?
14. Chapter 35 opens by stating, "_____ of the week in which he died, Our Lord told one of His last parables which tied up the prophecies of the Old Testament and pointed to what would happen to Him within seventy-two hours."
15. How many times did Jesus speak from the Cross?
Short Answer Questions
1. What location was a symbol of the destruction of the world at the end of time?
2. Who does Chapter 43 reveal crucified Jesus?
3. Which of the following is not a part of the Trinity?
4. Who came to Jesus' tomb with spices to anoint His body in Chapter 54?
5. How many times did Jesus avail Himself of the parable of the vine?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)