|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jesus perform His first miracle?
(d) Mount Hermon.
2. The author states in Chapter 24 that all Israel had been in whose hands of the ______ ever since Pompey entered the Holy City defended by Aristobulus and carried him and thousands more off into captivity.
3. Who gave the saddest picture of all in prophesying that the Messiah-shepherd would be struck, and the sheep dispersed?
(a) St. Paul.
4. Where can the following Scripture be found in the Bible: "Foxes have their holes, the birds their roosts; but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head"?
(a) John 3:13.
(b) Daniel 2:20.
(c) Matthew 8:20.
(d) Mark 9:11.
5. Mark 10:23 states, "How hard it will be for the ______ to enter the kingdom of God!"
6. In what city was the first attempt at Jesus' life attempted?
7. Who invites Jesus to his home for a meal in the beginning of Chapter 12?
8. "There is much else that Jesus did. If it were all to be recorded in detail, I suppose the whole world could not hold the books that would be written" were the last words of the Gospel of ______.
9. According to the author in Chapter 20, the greatest of all Feasts was a commemoration of the Flight from ______, when God guided the people of Israel through the desert by means of cloud during the day and a pillar of fire by night.
10. According to the beginning of Chapter 6, what is a place where God dwells?
11. How did Jesus respond to the woman caught in the act of adultery in Chapter 21?
(a) He forgave her.
(b) He stoned her.
(c) He ignored her.
(d) He jailed her.
12. In Chapter 24, who was the leader of Rome?
13. Who wrote an essay dealing with the British jury system entitled, "The Twelve Men"?
(a) G.K. Chesterton.
(b) Lin Anderson.
(c) M. C. Beaton.
(d) Mark Dawson.
14. What is Chapter 5 titled?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Beginning of Time.
(c) The Beginning of the End.
(d) The Beginning of the Hour.
15. Which two people does the entire history of the world revolve around according to Chapter 3?
(a) Jesus and Adam.
(b) Joseph and Mary.
(c) Adam and Eve.
(d) Saul and David.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many disciples did Jesus choose in Chapter 5?
2. How is the word "ersatz" best defined in the context of Chapter 11?
3. What does the author state was the climax of Jesus' mission on earth?
4. According to the narrator, John followed Our Divine Lord's teaching that what was holy and indivisible?
5. Who was the vassal of Caesar?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)