|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says that in man, the ______ is a kind of cage of the ______.
(a) Body / soul.
(b) Body / heart.
(c) Brain / thoughts.
(d) Mind / soul.
2. The first public announcement that He came to die was occasioned by the Pharisees as they discussed what subject with Him?
3. How is the word "ersatz" best defined in the context of Chapter 11?
(a) A substitute.
4. According to the narrator, what was the price Jesus paid for the Sermon on the Mount?
5. Who invites Jesus to his home for a meal in the beginning of Chapter 12?
6. How many Apostles did Jesus have?
7. Chapter 15 opens with the announcement that the ______ produced one of the greatest crises in Jesus' life.
8. The narrator reveals that the purpose of Jesus' coming into this world was to supply ______ and ______.
(a) Ransom / redemption.
(b) Peace / honor.
(c) Obedience / Patience.
(d) Mercy / light.
9. In what city was the first attempt at Jesus' life attempted?
10. What does the author state was the climax of Jesus' mission on earth?
(a) His teachings.
(b) His miracles.
(c) His birth.
(d) His death.
11. Where had "Thou art My Son," been prophetically addressed to the Messiah a thousand years before?
(a) The Fourth Psalm.
(b) The Second Psalm.
(c) The Third Psalm.
(d) The First Psalm.
12. Who tried to claim that Jesus giving sight to the blind man in Chapter 22 was not a miracle?
(a) The Pharisees.
(b) The Disciples.
(c) The Philistines.
(d) The Apostles.
13. According to Chapter 20, what was the most popular feast of the year?
(a) The Feast of the Apostles.
(b) The Feast of Disciples.
(c) The Feast of Tabernacles.
(d) The Feast of the Lord.
14. What do the Laws of Moses say should happen to women caught in the act of adultery?
(a) They should be alienated.
(b) They should be hanged.
(c) They should be drowned.
(d) They should be stoned.
15. According to the author in Chapter 20, the greatest of all Feasts was a commemoration of the Flight from ______, when God guided the people of Israel through the desert by means of cloud during the day and a pillar of fire by night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two Apostles were also crucified?
2. Which two people does the entire history of the world revolve around according to Chapter 3?
3. "There is much else that Jesus did. If it were all to be recorded in detail, I suppose the whole world could not hold the books that would be written" were the last words of the Gospel of ______.
4. According to Chapter 8, what became the common denominator between the sinless and a sinner?
5. Who gave the saddest picture of all in prophesying that the Messiah-shepherd would be struck, and the sheep dispersed?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)