|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ______ were those who had at least implicitly associated riches with the blessings of heaven.
2. Where can the following Scripture be found in the Bible: "Foxes have their holes, the birds their roosts; but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head"?
(a) John 3:13.
(b) Daniel 2:20.
(c) Mark 9:11.
(d) Matthew 8:20.
3. When was the first time the phrase "Savior of the World" used?
(a) Deuteronomy 31:6.
(b) John 4:42.
(c) 1 Corinthians 16:13.
(d) Romans 1:17.
4. What two subjects does Chapter 16 speak about?
(a) Judgment and faith.
(b) Hypocrisy and ignorance.
(c) Miracles and missions.
(d) Purity and property.
5. Who interrupts the meal to which Jesus had been invited to in Chapter 12?
6. In what city was the first attempt at Jesus' life attempted?
7. The narrator says that in man, the ______ is a kind of cage of the ______.
(a) Body / soul.
(b) Body / heart.
(c) Mind / soul.
(d) Brain / thoughts.
8. What does "Fiat" mean?
(a) Time to go.
(b) Be it done.
(c) Soon to be.
(d) Be it gone.
9. Luke 4:18,19 is an Old Testament prophecy concerning whose release from Babylonian captivity?
10. Which two Apostles made themselves prominent by resenting the rudeness of the Samaritan villagers and asking Our Lord to destroy them?
(a) Luke and Paul.
(b) Peter and Judas.
(c) Matthew and Mark.
(d) James and John.
11. Who gave the saddest picture of all in prophesying that the Messiah-shepherd would be struck, and the sheep dispersed?
(b) St. Paul.
12. Who was the vassal of Caesar?
13. To whom does the term "bride" in Chapter 9 best refer?
(d) Holy Spirit.
14. What book announced the coming of Christ?
(a) The Old Testament.
(b) The Agamas.
(c) The Tanakh.
(d) The Taisho Daizokyo.
15. Who invites Jesus to his home for a meal in the beginning of Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the following statement found: "In the 24th year of Tchao-Wang of the dynasty of the Tcheou, on the 8th day of the 4th moon, a light appeared in the Southwest which illumined the king's palace"?
2. According to the narrator, what does everyone have, even those without faith?
3. In Chapter 27, the heifers which brought home the ark out of the land of the ______ were offered up to God as a sacrifice.
4. How is the word "ersatz" best defined in the context of Chapter 11?
5. Who wrote an essay dealing with the British jury system entitled, "The Twelve Men"?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)