1. According to Maman, where was the poet conceived?
In the countryside near Prague.
2. According to the poet's father, where was the poet conceived?
In the apartment of his colleague.
3. How does Maman view her love for the young engineer?
As a revolt against her parents' prosaic lives.
4. In looking at the Apollo statue, what does Maman hope?
That her son will resemble the god rather than his human father.
5. Why does Maman welcome her pregnancy?
She sees the family as a trio filling the universe.
This section contains 7,066 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)