|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7: The Poet Dies, pp. 289-307.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location is Maman most excited to film in?
(a) Jaromil's bedroom.
(b) The artist's studio.
(c) Her garden.
(d) The countryside surrounding Prague.
2. Why does Jaromil begin taking lesson from the art teacher?
(a) He was tired of drawing people with dogs' heads.
(b) Maman took an interest in the art teacher.
(c) His art was consistently mediocre.
(d) He thought the art teacher would make a good father.
3. What does Xavier do with the husband after his presence is discovered?
(a) Wrestles the husband to the ground and ties his hands.
(b) Pushes the husband out the three-story window.
(c) Beats him up so that he loses consciousness.
(d) Pushes the husband into the wardrobe and locks it.
4. With whom does the famous poet appear on the street?
(a) His mother.
(b) A common girl taken from the hubbub of life.
(c) An imposing policeman who personifies his beliefs.
(d) A pretty girl who looks like a fashion model.
5. To what does Jaromil poetically compare Magda?
(a) Water and sorrow.
(b) Fire and passion.
(c) Ice and cruelty.
(d) Earth and stability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jaromil's classmates find most irritating about him?
2. How does Maman mourn her husband's death?
3. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Jaromil get a fever?
4. Why is the famous poet booed by the audience after he reads a poem?
5. Why does the brunette leave Prague?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)