|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chaps. 9-11, pp. 242-266.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when a classmate asks Jaromil about the redhead?
(a) He replies that she is the love of his life.
(b) He refuses to answer the question, out of embarrassment.
(c) He replies that she is a casual acquaintance.
(d) He replies that she is his cousin.
2. Who is most upset that the bus stop was moved two blocks away from the villa?
(a) The man with the wooden leg.
(b) The organizer of the poetry recitation.
(c) The middle-aged woman.
(d) The pretty cinematographer.
3. After the debate in the artist's apartment, how does Jaromil know he is no longer welcome there?
(a) The artist asks him not to come back.
(b) The artist's guests ignore Jaromil and resume their conversation.
(c) The artist locks the door behind him when he leaves.
(d) The artist gives him a stern look rather than a verbal response.
4. Jaromil agonizes over his hair. What kind of hair does he have?
(a) Thin, brown hair.
(b) Very curly hair.
(c) Soft, blond hair.
(d) Dark, thick hair.
5. How does Maman shame Jaromil in front of her guests?
(a) Berates him for an untidy bedroom.
(b) Brushes the lint off his trousers.
(c) Asks if he's dating a common girl.
(d) Combs his hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the lyrical poet make his poetry striking?
2. To what does Jaromil poetically compare Magda?
3. Why is the famous poet booed by the audience after he reads a poem?
4. What boosts Jaromil's confidence before the poetry reading at the police academy?
5. When does Jaromil's anger toward the girl at last subside?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)