|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chaps. 9-11, pp. 242-266.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location is Maman most excited to film in?
(a) The countryside surrounding Prague.
(b) Jaromil's bedroom.
(c) The artist's studio.
(d) Her garden.
2. What does the theme of the long poem reveal about Jaromil's thoughts?
(a) He is afraid he will never find true love.
(b) He longs for death.
(c) He is afraid of a woman's body.
(d) He is obsessed with a woman's body.
3. What kind of verbs does Jaromil love?
(a) Verbs that are related to love.
(b) Simple verbs that describe one motion.
(c) Complicated verbs related to the emotions.
(d) Verbs that describe the power of the future.
4. In the philosophy auditorium, what is the subject of the first poem recited?
(a) A father struggles to provide for his family under Communist rule.
(b) A mother turns away her son because he is not committed to Marxist ideals.
(c) A group of university students convert the school to Marxism.
(d) A girl breaks up with her boyfriend because he was lazy on the production line.
5. When the redhead is fifteen minutes late, what is the first excuse she gives Jaromil?
(a) She was with a girlfriend who was breaking up with her fiancé.
(b) She was with her mother in the hospital.
(c) She was spending a few minutes with her brother.
(d) She was making love to another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maman is embarrassed about her dress in front of Jaromil, what does she change into?
2. What does Jaromil write in his diary about the night he was supposed to lose his virginity?
3. What does Jaromil do when the redhead catches him staring through her apartment window?
4. Why does the lyrical poet make his poetry striking?
5. When do Jaromil's parents redecorate his room?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)