|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: The Poet on the Run, pp. 161-181.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the famous poet appear on the street?
(a) A pretty girl who looks like a fashion model.
(b) A common girl taken from the hubbub of life.
(c) His mother.
(d) An imposing policeman who personifies his beliefs.
2. What justification does Maman give herself for her initial infidelity?
3. In the opinion of Jaromil's uncle, why did the revolution occur?
(a) So that the capitalist swine would be overthrown.
(b) So that the new era of humanity could begin.
(c) So the Communists could finally become a powerful political party.
(d) So the Communists could seize what little power they did not already have.
4. In the philosophy auditorium, what is the subject of the first poem recited?
(a) A mother turns away her son because he is not committed to Marxist ideals.
(b) A group of university students convert the school to Marxism.
(c) A father struggles to provide for his family under Communist rule.
(d) A girl breaks up with her boyfriend because he was lazy on the production line.
5. Why does Jaromil walk through the world with a feeling of guilt?
(a) Because he leaves Maman at home alone.
(b) Because he betrayed the only love of his life.
(c) Because he is not living life to the fullest.
(d) Because he is not loyal to the principles that his father died for.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Marxist debate which Jaromil attends, how does one person cause a distraction?
2. In desperation for a response, what does Jaromil mail to the famous poet?
3. The second time that Jaromil does not make love to the university girl, what does she think?
4. After the debate in the artist's apartment, how does Jaromil know he is no longer welcome there?
5. What is Jaromil's first long poem about?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)