|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Xavier, pp. 65-89.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Xavier leave the beautiful woman?
(a) He no longer loves her.
(b) He loves her but not enough to fight her husband for her.
(c) The world becomes even more beautiful because it came at the cost of her love.
(d) His life is much more difficult than she can ever bear.
2. What pleased the artist the most about Jaromil's drawings?
(a) The high degree of talent which they exhibited.
(b) Jaromil's own modesty when presenting them.
(c) The original inner world that they revealed.
(d) The amount of time and care that went into them.
3. What is Xavier's first impression of the woman in the house?
4. Which famous composer's music is played at the blond girl's funeral?
5. Why does Jaromil begin taking lesson from the art teacher?
(a) Maman took an interest in the art teacher.
(b) He thought the art teacher would make a good father.
(c) He was tired of drawing people with dogs' heads.
(d) His art was consistently mediocre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maman not want to go to the lake on vacation?
2. Why does Xavier constantly arrive late, no matter where he's going?
3. What is Maman's attitude about her affair?
4. Why does Maman push away her husband's hand when he wants to make love?
5. What happens as Maman sees her son's physicality?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)