|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chaps. 9-11, pp. 242-266.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maman push away her husband's hand when he wants to make love?
(a) She knows that she no longer loves him.
(b) She wants him to apologize for humiliating her.
(c) She wants to punish him for humiliating her.
(d) She suspects that he was cheating.
2. When do Jaromil's parents redecorate his room?
(a) The day before Christmas when he is six.
(b) The day after his grandpa's funeral.
(c) The night before his sixth birthday.
(d) The night before his fifth birthday.
3. What does Xavier take as an invitation to enter the house?
(a) The woman beckoning.
(b) The husband's absence.
(c) The open window.
(d) The open door.
4. To Jaromil, what determines a woman's beauty?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her body.
(d) Her spirit.
5. In desperation for a response, what does Jaromil mail to the famous poet?
(a) A twenty-page letter.
(b) Twenty telephone receivers.
(c) A grey striped dove.
(d) His own long poem written in the poet's most recent book.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Jaromil is answering questions about love and socialism, what is he most conscious of?
2. The second time that Jaromil does not make love to the university girl, what does she think?
3. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Jaromil get a fever?
4. Why does the lyrical poet make his poetry striking?
5. What does Jaromil write in his diary about the night he was supposed to lose his virginity?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)