|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: The Poet is Jealous, Chaps. 1-3, pp. 185-204.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jaromil draw during his first lesson in the artist's studio?
(a) Humans with dogs' heads.
(c) Human faces.
2. What idea about poetry does the artist's chastisement cause in Jaromil's mind?
(a) That he is talented and has great potential for success.
(b) That he is a worthless poet and will not succeed.
(c) That he had been chosen to be the instrument of the poetic ideal.
(d) That he is an imposter in the world of poetry.
3. What is the redhead's perception of Jaromil's interest in her?
(a) He has been interested in her ever since she caught him staring in her window.
(b) It is his destiny to be with her.
(c) He is interested in her only because the brunette is gone.
(d) He has been interested in her a long time and used to wait for her outside the store.
4. What justification does Maman give herself for her initial infidelity?
5. What is unusual about Xavier's presence at the blond girl's funeral?
(a) He knows nearly half of the other mourners.
(b) He is not at all sad that she died.
(c) He is the only one who knows what caused her death.
(d) He attended the funeral although he did not truly love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Xavier know that there will be no executions the day he hears shots fired?
2. What does Jaromil do when the redhead catches him staring through her apartment window?
3. Why does Xavier stay in the woman's room when her husband comes home?
4. Which famous composer's music is played at the blond girl's funeral?
5. Why does Jaromil begin taking lesson from the art teacher?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)