|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is likely to be Clotaldo's true feelings when he pronounces Astolfo as vile?
(a) That he believes Rosaura is lying about the whole situation.
(b) That he does not hold Astolfo to much account.
(c) That he plans to murder Astolfo in his sleep.
(d) That he believes Astolfo was justified in raping Rosaura.
2. What is Rosaura's response to Caltaldo's compromise?
(a) She says that Caltaldo is a coward.
(b) That she will kill Caltaldo.
(c) That she will seduce Segismundo and have him save her honor.
(d) That she will kill the duke herself.
3. What does Segismundo occasionally wonder about throughout the rest of the story?
(a) If his dream could be prophetic.
(b) If Rosaura is in love with him.
(c) Whether he really did dream the experience.
(d) If he should try to compensate the family of the servant he killed.
4. How does Rosaura argue against Clotoldo's feeling of debt to Astolfo?
(a) That Rosarua has guessed Clotoldo is her father and that supercedes any other obligation.
(b) That Astolfo's honor is based on lies and is therefore non-existant.
(c) That a man who is honorable would help any woman in distress.
(d) That because Astolfo does not remember saving Clotoldo, it doesn't matter.
5. What is a predominant characteristic of Rosuara?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begs the king to intervene in the riots?
2. What is another thing that Segismundo demonstrates by allowing Caltaldo to leave?
3. What lesson does Clotaldo offer for what happens in Segismundo's "dream"?
4. What does Clotaldo tell the king?
5. What might the idea of using a dream to convince Segismundo he has never left his cell be considered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have the soldiers come to the tower prison?
2. How does Segismundo respond to the soldiers' errand?
3. What does Clotaldo say to Rosaura and is this a reasonable response?
4. Does it seem likely that Segismundo would really believe Clotaldo when Clotaldo tells Segismundo he was just dreaming?
5. Why is Clarnn cast into prison?
6. When this scene opens what is happening with Clarnn?
7. How does Segismundo respond?
8. What transpires at the beginning of this scene?
9. What does Segismundo do to Clotaldo?
10. About what does Rosaura speak to Clotaldo?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)