|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in question #10 declare after victory?
(a) The consolidation of Poland and Muscovy.
(c) A war to regain lost Polish lands.
(d) The exectution of Basilio.
2. What does Clotaldo urge Rosaura to do?
(a) Use her sword and duel Astolfo herself.
(b) Seek a champion to duel Astolfo for her honor.
(c) Drop the matter of her honor and go home.
(d) Secretly poison Astolfo.
3. Who is the man who has dishonored Rosaura?
(c) No one.
4. Who does Rosaura pursue to Poland?
5. What does Rosaura's horse do?
(a) Bites Basilio.
(b) Becomes lame.
(c) Kicks Aldolfo.
(d) Throws Rosaura.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are meeting together when the scene opens?
2. How does Clarnn gain Segismundo's confidence?
3. From where has Rosaura traveled?
4. What does Astolfo hope to claim?
5. What has Segismundo done in response to Basilio's announcement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rosaura's response upon hearing Segismundo explain his predicament?
2. What does Segismundo do upon hearing Rosaura's pleas for mercy?
3. Briefly summarize Rosaura's actions after this pardon and Clotaldo's response.
4. What is Segismundo doing in this first scene?
5. How does Segismundo's state of mind change from wonder to rage?
6. Estrella claims to be the legitimate heir to the throne based upon her being the firstborn of the elder sister; whereas, Astolfo claims the throne based on the fact of his gender. Do you believe one claim has more legitimacy than the other?
7. Why is Basilio talking about his skills as a master astrologer?
8. What is Basilio's decision regarding who the heir is to the throne?
9. Of course, this type of scenario is quite unlikely to occur in one's experience today; however, what do you imagine you would think of finding a man in the state in which Segismundo is and how do you think you would respond?
10. How likely is it that Segismundo could assume the throne and be a good, wise ruler?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)