|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where has Rosaura traveled?
(d) Great Britian.
2. Who faces each off in a hallway in the palace?
(a) Rosaura and Clarnn.
(b) Basilio and Clotaldo.
(c) Astolfo and Estrella.
(d) Clotaldo and Rosaura.
3. What is Segismundo doing at this time?
(a) Sleeping with Clarnn.
(b) Dueling with Astolfo.
(c) Flirting with Rosaura.
(d) In a deathlike sleep.
4. What alias is Rosaura using?
5. Who does Rosaura pursue to Poland?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Segismundo respond to what Clotaldo tells him?
2. In what is Clotaldo particularly interested?
3. What has Clotaldo concocted?
4. Where does Act 1, Second Scene take place?
5. What does Clotaldo urge Rosaura to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How likely is it that Segismundo could assume the throne and be a good, wise ruler?
2. Because of some "portent" Basilio reads in the stars at his son's birth, he locks up his son, Segismundo, while still a baby and is determine to keep him confined for the rest of Segismundo's life. Is this a wise decision?
3. What is Estrella's response to Astolfo's protestations of love and desire for marriage?
4. What are some of the ways Segismundo demonstrates his unsuitability for the throne?
5. What is Basilio's response to hearing about why Rosaura and Clarnn are brought before him in chains?
6. What does Segismundo do upon hearing Rosaura's pleas for mercy?
7. How does Segismundo's state of mind change from wonder to rage?
8. What is Basilio's decision regarding who the heir is to the throne?
9. Why does Basilio want to abdicate his throne?
10. Explain Clotaldo actions in regard to Segismundo at the beginning of this act.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)