|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does person in the answer to question #74 express?
(a) The person says nothing.
2. What do Rosaura and her companion hear?
(a) The sound of a waterfall.
(b) Someone moaning and calling from nearby.
(c) A baby crying.
(d) A wolf's howl.
3. Why does Rosaura chase the person who is the answer to question #1?
(a) To kill him for revenge.
(b) To find her kidnapped son.
(c) To retrieve a locket.
(d) To hope he'll marry her.
4. Who is Segismundo's tutor.
5. If he is returned to the tower, what will Clotaldo tell him?
(a) That he is a monster and will die the next day.
(b) That his father is the king and has rejected Segismundo.
(c) That his experience in the palace was a dream.
(d) That his experience was real, but he behaved too badly to live out of the tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Second Scene take place?
2. What will happen if Segismundo fails in the task set before him?
3. What is Clotaldo's social status?
4. What is Clotaldo's response to Rosaura naming the person in #46 as the one who has wronged her?
5. Who might Astolfo marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you believe the solution for the two to marry and rule jointly is a good compromise?
2. Explain Clotaldo actions in regard to Segismundo at the beginning of this act.
3. What is Basilio's response to hearing about why Rosaura and Clarnn are brought before him in chains?
4. Explain Basilio's response to Clotaldo's actions and how part of Basilio's statement is a theme of the play.
5. Why do you think Astolfo praises Estrella's physical beauty?
6. What happens when Clotaldo spies the sword which Rosaura is wearing?
7. Why does Basilio want to abdicate his throne?
8. What is Rosaura's response upon hearing Segismundo explain his predicament?
9. What is Segismundo doing in this first scene?
10. How does Segismundo's state of mind change from wonder to rage?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)