|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who might Astolfo marry?
2. By whom is Rosaura accompanied?
(b) No one.
3. What is the relationship of the answer to question #4 to Astolfo?
(a) Aunt and nephew.
4. With whom does Clotaldo probably sympathize?
5. What does Segismundo threaten when he hears someone?
(a) To induct the person into his army.
(b) To ask his father to imprison the person.
(c) To murder any who comes within his grasp.
(d) To fine the person ten ducats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man who has dishonored Rosaura?
2. What did Clotaldo leave with Violante?
3. What is likely to be Segismundo's performance as a king?
4. In what is Clotaldo particularly interested?
5. What do Rosaura and her companion hear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Because of some "portent" Basilio reads in the stars at his son's birth, he locks up his son, Segismundo, while still a baby and is determine to keep him confined for the rest of Segismundo's life. Is this a wise decision?
2. Explain Basilio's response to Clotaldo's actions and how part of Basilio's statement is a theme of the play.
3. How does Segismundo's state of mind change from wonder to rage?
4. What is Estrella's response to Astolfo's protestations of love and desire for marriage?
5. What is Basilio's decision regarding who the heir is to the throne?
6. Explain Clotaldo actions in regard to Segismundo at the beginning of this act.
7. Who has overheard Segismundo and what does this person do upon hearing Segismundo threaten murder?
8. What is Basilio's response to hearing about why Rosaura and Clarnn are brought before him in chains?
9. Estrella claims to be the legitimate heir to the throne based upon her being the firstborn of the elder sister; whereas, Astolfo claims the throne based on the fact of his gender. Do you believe one claim has more legitimacy than the other?
10. Why is Basilio talking about his skills as a master astrologer?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)