|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who faces each off in a hallway in the palace?
(a) Rosaura and Clarnn.
(b) Clotaldo and Rosaura.
(c) Astolfo and Estrella.
(d) Basilio and Clotaldo.
2. How does Segismundo respond to what Clotaldo tells him?
(a) He is outraged and threatens to kill Clotaldo.
(b) He calls Clotaldo father and hugs him.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is delighted.
3. What has Clotaldo concocted?
(a) A scheme to kill Astolfo.
(b) A powerful narcotic drink.
(c) A poison to kill Basilio.
(d) A scheme to keep Estrella away from Poland.
4. Upon whom did Clotaldo enact his concoction?
5. Who arrives and learns of Segismundo's murder and what does he do?
(a) Basilio who demands Segismundo behave better.
(b) Violente who cries.
(c) Rosaura who tells Segismundo to take her.
(d) Astrea who stabs Segismundo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosaura chase the person who is the answer to question #1?
2. Of what is Segismundo ignorant?
3. With whom does Clotaldo probably sympathize?
4. How does Basilio likely feel about his treatment of Segismundo?
5. What was Basilio's belief about his son Segismundo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Segismundo do upon hearing Rosaura's pleas for mercy?
2. What is Basilio's decision regarding who the heir is to the throne?
3. Why do you think Astolfo praises Estrella's physical beauty?
4. What happens when Clotaldo spies the sword which Rosaura is wearing?
5. Are Segismundo's actions surprising?
6. Explain Basilio's response to Clotaldo's actions and how part of Basilio's statement is a theme of the play.
7. What is Estrella's response to Astolfo's protestations of love and desire for marriage?
8. How does Segismundo's state of mind change from wonder to rage?
9. Why does Basilio want to abdicate his throne?
10. What is Rosaura's response upon hearing Segismundo explain his predicament?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)