|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Segismundo say he ought to do to Clotaldo?
(a) Have him exiled.
(b) Have him executed.
(c) Have him proclaimed Lord Chancellor.
(d) Have him crowned as king.
2. Where does Caltaldo go at the end of this scene?
(a) To his lawyer to change his will.
(b) To contront Astolfo.
(c) To join with Segismundo's rebellious forces.
(d) To Basilio.
3. What does Segismundo do to Clotaldo instead of the action suggested in question #119?
(a) Runs him through with a sword himself.
(b) Chains him in the prison in place of Segismundo.
(c) Dismisses him and sends him to serve Basilio.
(d) Hugs him and says he forgives him.
4. Who is probably relieved that Segismundo has been returned to the tower in disgrace?
(c) Astolfo and Estrella.
5. What does Clotaldo do upon leaving the tower?
(a) Flees to Basilio to inform him of the new developments.
(b) Kills himself.
(c) Flees to Muscovy.
(d) Challenges Astolfo to a dual for Rosaura's honor.
6. Who is in the tower drugged?
7. To whom is Clotaldo ever loyal?
8. How does Clotoldo attempt to compromise with Rosaura?
(a) Tells her he'll find her a husband that won't care if she's a virgin.
(b) Tells her he will name her his heir.
(c) Tells her that if she doesn't stop talking about this situation, she'll have to return home.
(d) Offers her one thousand gold coins.
9. What is likely to happen given that the story is incomplete and the foreshadowing that has taken place up to this point?
(a) Segismundo will marry Astrea.
(b) Segismundo will kill his father.
(c) Segismundo will commit suicide.
(d) Segismundo will escape from the tower.
10. How is Clarnn addressed?
11. What is the setting at the opening of this scene?
(a) A battleground.
(b) The prison tower.
(c) The royal palace.
(d) An inn near the docks.
12. Where is the setting when this scene opens?
(a) Great Britian.
(c) The palace.
(d) The prison tower.
13. What is likely to be Clotaldo's true feelings when he pronounces Astolfo as vile?
(a) That he believes Astolfo was justified in raping Rosaura.
(b) That he does not hold Astolfo to much account.
(c) That he plans to murder Astolfo in his sleep.
(d) That he believes Rosaura is lying about the whole situation.
14. How does Segismundo reply to Clotaldo's lesson?
(a) Segismundo punches Clotaldo in the face.
(b) Segismundo accepts Clotaldo's counsel.
(c) Segismundo kills himself.
(d) Segismundo argues that Clotaldo is wrong.
15. How is Segismundo dressed?
(a) Like a peasant.
(b) In animal skins.
(c) In monk's robes.
(d) In his princely outfit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a predominant characteristic of Rosuara?
2. Why is Clotaldo torn about helping Rosaura?
3. What might the idea of using a dream to convince Segismundo he has never left his cell be considered?
4. Who in the play so far has the clearest grasp of what honor really entails?
5. Where do Basilio and Estrella go?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)