|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is victorious in the battle for the throne?
2. Why does Rosaura chase the person who is the answer to question #1?
(a) To find her kidnapped son.
(b) To retrieve a locket.
(c) To kill him for revenge.
(d) To hope he'll marry her.
3. Who enters on stage next?
(b) Basilio again.
4. How serious is the dishonor which Astolfo has done to Rosaura?
(a) He can easily pay out a few gold pieces to take care of it.
(d) He turns out not to be the cause of her dishonor.
5. Upon whom did Clotaldo enact his concoction?
6. How does Clotaldo feel about these revelations?
7. What does Basilio decide to do about Segismundo.
(a) Marry him to Clarnn.
(b) Give him one chance to redeem himself.
(c) Have him executed.
(d) Exile him to Russia.
8. If Segismundo behaves badly what will happen?
(a) He will be executed.
(b) He will not be allowed to marry and produce heirs.
(c) He will be returned to the tower.
(d) He will be sent to Muscovy.
9. What do the mountainous Polish countryside partially obscure?
(a) An army coming through the pass.
(b) A tower.
(c) Segismundo's army on the slopes.
(d) A valley of plenty.
10. How does Segismundo treat Asolfo?
(a) With honor.
(b) With disrespect.
(c) Segismundo pretends Asolfo is not there.
(d) By hitting him in the face.
11. How are Recisunda and Clorilene related?
(a) They are not related.
(c) Aunt and niece.
(d) They are sisters.
12. What does Segismundo do to the servant who tries to protect Estrella?
(a) Slaps his with a sword.
(b) Orders him thrown into the dungeon.
(c) Pays him a gold piece to leave the room.
(d) Flings him off the balcony to his death.
13. When Rosaura refuses to drop the matter of her rape, what does Clotaldo do?
(a) Offers his assistance.
(b) Threatens her with lashes.
(c) Tells her he can do nothing.
(d) Locks her in Segismundo's tower.
14. What does Astolfo hope to claim?
(a) The Duchy of Westminister.
(b) The reward for killing the dragon.
(c) The sword of truth.
(d) The throne to Poland.
15. Who was Clotaldo's long-ago sexual partner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Basilio's belief about his son Segismundo?
2. With whom does Clotaldo probably sympathize?
3. Where is Segismundo engaged in the above activity in question #66?
4. Who arrives as Basilio departs?
5. From where has Rosaura traveled?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)