|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Astolfo hope to claim?
(a) The reward for killing the dragon.
(b) The throne to Poland.
(c) The Duchy of Westminister.
(d) The sword of truth.
2. Who faces each off in a hallway in the palace?
(a) Astolfo and Estrella.
(b) Clotaldo and Rosaura.
(c) Rosaura and Clarnn.
(d) Basilio and Clotaldo.
3. At what is Basilio very skilled?
(a) Sword fighting.
(d) Waging war.
4. How serious is the dishonor which Astolfo has done to Rosaura?
(b) He can easily pay out a few gold pieces to take care of it.
(d) He turns out not to be the cause of her dishonor.
5. What does Basilio regret?
(a) Allowing Clotaldo to tutor Segismundo all these years.
(b) Not satisfying Rosaura's honor.
(c) Allowing Astolfo to marry Estrella.
(d) Having Segismundo for a son and letting him out of the prison.
6. Who was Clotaldo's long-ago sexual partner?
7. How are Recisunda and Clorilene related?
(b) They are not related.
(c) Aunt and niece.
(d) They are sisters.
8. What does Rosaura reveal?
(a) That she is a woman.
(b) That she is married to Roberto de la Azzila.
(c) That she is Clotaldo's daughter.
(d) That she is from Great Britain and not a subject of Poland.
9. Who is the son of the current elderly king of Poland?
10. Who arrives as Basilio departs?
11. Upon exploring, what does Rosaura find?
(a) Segismundo in chains in a tower.
(b) A peasant's cottage to stay in for the night.
(c) The road to Warsaw.
(d) A knight's rusted sword.
12. Who is Rosaura serving as a lady-in-waiting?
(c) No one.
13. Who asks Segismundo for mercy?
14. From where has Rosaura traveled?
(c) Great Britian.
15. Who is victorious in the battle for the throne?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guards do when they discover Rosaura and Clarnn?
2. How does Basilio likely feel about his treatment of Segismundo?
3. By whom is Rosaura accompanied?
4. What does Basilio do to Rosaura and Clarnn?
5. Why does Basilio desire to abdicate the throne?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)