|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who faces each off in a hallway in the palace?
(a) Rosaura and Clarnn.
(b) Clotaldo and Rosaura.
(c) Astolfo and Estrella.
(d) Basilio and Clotaldo.
2. What does Basilio regret?
(a) Not satisfying Rosaura's honor.
(b) Having Segismundo for a son and letting him out of the prison.
(c) Allowing Astolfo to marry Estrella.
(d) Allowing Clotaldo to tutor Segismundo all these years.
3. What do Astolfo and Estrella each desire?
(a) To marry each other.
(b) To be named heir to the throne of Poland.
(c) The treasure of Muscovy.
(d) The death of Rosaura.
4. Where does Act 1, Second Scene take place?
(a) In the tower.
(b) In an inn in Warsaw.
(c) A hallway in the Royal palace.
(d) At Clotaldo's home.
5. What does Rosaura reveal?
(a) That she is a woman.
(b) That she is married to Roberto de la Azzila.
(c) That she is from Great Britain and not a subject of Poland.
(d) That she is Clotaldo's daughter.
6. Who is victorious in the battle for the throne?
7. What will happen if Segismundo fails in the task set before him?
(a) He will be executed.
(b) He will be exiled.
(c) Astolfo and Estrella will marry and jointly rule.
(d) He will be made a eunuch.
8. What did Clotaldo leave with Violante?
(a) A jeweled knife.
(b) A token to identify his son.
(c) A book of verse.
(d) Nothing; he does not know Violante.
9. How does Basilio likely feel about his treatment of Segismundo?
10. Upon whom did Clotaldo enact his concoction?
11. How is Rosaura dressed?
(a) Like a man.
(b) In fine silk dresses.
(c) Like a peasant woman.
(d) In flowing white robes.
12. What do Rosaura and Clarnn discover?
(a) A prison tower.
(b) A waterfall with a crystal-clear pool.
(c) An injured lamb.
(d) A man who has fallen down a ravine.
13. What do the mountainous Polish countryside partially obscure?
(a) An army coming through the pass.
(b) A tower.
(c) Segismundo's army on the slopes.
(d) A valley of plenty.
14. What has Segismundo done in response to Basilio's announcement?
(a) Gathered an army.
(b) Killed himself.
(c) Taken Rosaura hostage.
(d) Sued his father in court.
15. What has Clotaldo concocted?
(a) A scheme to keep Estrella away from Poland.
(b) A scheme to kill Astolfo.
(c) A powerful narcotic drink.
(d) A poison to kill Basilio.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Clotaldo probably sympathize?
2. What does Clotaldo tell Segismundo?
3. Who does Clotaldo bring before Basilio?
4. What does Segismundo threaten when he hears someone?
5. Who is Segismundo's tutor.
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)