|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who faces each off in a hallway in the palace?
(a) Basilio and Clotaldo.
(b) Rosaura and Clarnn.
(c) Astolfo and Estrella.
(d) Clotaldo and Rosaura.
2. What do Rosaura and Clarnn discover?
(a) A prison tower.
(b) An injured lamb.
(c) A man who has fallen down a ravine.
(d) A waterfall with a crystal-clear pool.
3. What do the mountainous Polish countryside partially obscure?
(a) Segismundo's army on the slopes.
(b) An army coming through the pass.
(c) A valley of plenty.
(d) A tower.
4. What is Clotaldo's response to Rosaura naming the person in #46 as the one who has wronged her?
(a) Clotaldo claims it is not possible since Rosaura is the man's subject.
(b) Clotaldo calls Astolfo to a dual.
(c) Clotaldo appeals to Basilio.
(d) Clotaldo kills Astolfo.
5. What does Astolfo hope to claim?
(a) The reward for killing the dragon.
(b) The throne to Poland.
(c) The Duchy of Westminister.
(d) The sword of truth.
6. What other relationship is probably similar to that between Astolfo and Rosaura?
(a) Clarnn and Segismundo.
(b) Estrella and Astolfo.
(c) Basilio and Elizabella.
(d) Clotaldo and Violante.
7. If he is returned to the tower, what will Clotaldo tell him?
(a) That his father is the king and has rejected Segismundo.
(b) That he is a monster and will die the next day.
(c) That his experience was real, but he behaved too badly to live out of the tower.
(d) That his experience in the palace was a dream.
8. How is Rosaura dressed?
(a) Like a man.
(b) In flowing white robes.
(c) Like a peasant woman.
(d) In fine silk dresses.
9. What does Clotaldo urge Rosaura to do?
(a) Use her sword and duel Astolfo herself.
(b) Drop the matter of her honor and go home.
(c) Seek a champion to duel Astolfo for her honor.
(d) Secretly poison Astolfo.
10. What does Basilio want to do?
(b) Go to Great Britian for a state visit.
(c) Start a war with Muscovy.
(d) Marry again.
11. What was Basilio's belief about his son Segismundo?
(a) That he was kidnapped at birth.
(b) That he is not really his son.
(c) That he would be a cruel tryant.
(d) That he died at birth.
12. How does Segismundo respond to what Clotaldo tells him?
(a) He is delighted.
(b) He is outraged and threatens to kill Clotaldo.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He calls Clotaldo father and hugs him.
13. How does Basilio likely feel about his treatment of Segismundo?
14. How are Recisunda and Clorilene related?
(a) They are sisters.
(c) They are not related.
(d) Aunt and niece.
15. What is a possible word to describe the elderly king of Poland's plan about Segismundo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Segismundo do to the servant who tries to protect Estrella?
2. Where does this scene open?
3. Why does Rosaura chase the person who is the answer to question #1?
4. Who is Rosaura serving as a lady-in-waiting?
5. What will happen if Segismundo fails in the task set before him?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)