|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other relationship is probably similar to that between Astolfo and Rosaura?
(a) Estrella and Astolfo.
(b) Clotaldo and Violante.
(c) Clarnn and Segismundo.
(d) Basilio and Elizabella.
2. Who is the man who has dishonored Rosaura?
(a) No one.
3. Who does Rosaura pursue to Poland?
4. What has Segismundo done in response to Basilio's announcement?
(a) Killed himself.
(b) Gathered an army.
(c) Sued his father in court.
(d) Taken Rosaura hostage.
5. Where is Segismundo engaged in the above activity in question #66?
(a) In an Inn near the docks.
(b) In the courtyard.
(c) In a the palace.
(d) In the prison tower.
6. What does Segismundo do to the servant who tries to protect Estrella?
(a) Flings him off the balcony to his death.
(b) Slaps his with a sword.
(c) Orders him thrown into the dungeon.
(d) Pays him a gold piece to leave the room.
7. Why does Rosaura chase the person who is the answer to question #1?
(a) To retrieve a locket.
(b) To kill him for revenge.
(c) To find her kidnapped son.
(d) To hope he'll marry her.
8. What do the mountainous Polish countryside partially obscure?
(a) A tower.
(b) Segismundo's army on the slopes.
(c) A valley of plenty.
(d) An army coming through the pass.
9. Who is Segismundo's tutor.
10. What do Segismundo's guards wear?
(b) Hip-high boots.
(c) Plumed hats.
(d) Black armor.
11. What does Clotaldo not reveal at this point?
(a) That he allowed Segismundo visitors regularly.
(b) That he knows the whereabouts of Segismundo's mother.
(c) That he is really Segismundo's father.
(d) That he is Rosaura's father.
12. What does Segismundo threaten when he hears someone?
(a) To fine the person ten ducats.
(b) To murder any who comes within his grasp.
(c) To induct the person into his army.
(d) To ask his father to imprison the person.
13. How does Basilio likely feel about his treatment of Segismundo?
14. What does the person in question #10 declare after victory?
(b) The consolidation of Poland and Muscovy.
(c) The exectution of Basilio.
(d) A war to regain lost Polish lands.
15. What did Clotaldo leave with Violante?
(a) A token to identify his son.
(b) A book of verse.
(c) A jeweled knife.
(d) Nothing; he does not know Violante.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Rosaura dressed?
2. How might Segismundo's behavior be characterized?
3. What will happen if Segismundo fails in the task set before him?
4. How does Rosaura feel about Segismundo's revelations?
5. What does person in the answer to question #74 express?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)