|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Recisunda and Clorilene related?
(a) They are not related.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) Aunt and niece.
2. What does Rosaura reveal?
(a) That she is Clotaldo's daughter.
(b) That she is from Great Britain and not a subject of Poland.
(c) That she is married to Roberto de la Azzila.
(d) That she is a woman.
3. Of what is Segismundo ignorant?
(a) His mother's name.
(b) The country in which he lives.
(c) His heritage.
(d) His name.
4. What is Clotaldo's response to Rosaura naming the person in #46 as the one who has wronged her?
(a) Clotaldo calls Astolfo to a dual.
(b) Clotaldo kills Astolfo.
(c) Clotaldo claims it is not possible since Rosaura is the man's subject.
(d) Clotaldo appeals to Basilio.
5. What is a possible word to describe the elderly king of Poland's plan about Segismundo.
6. If he is returned to the tower, what will Clotaldo tell him?
(a) That his father is the king and has rejected Segismundo.
(b) That his experience in the palace was a dream.
(c) That his experience was real, but he behaved too badly to live out of the tower.
(d) That he is a monster and will die the next day.
7. Who arrives as Basilio departs?
8. In what is Clotaldo particularly interested?
(a) A book in Rosaura's pack.
(b) Rosaura's gloves.
(c) Rosaura's sword.
(d) Rosaura's boot knife.
9. By whom is Rosaura accompanied?
(b) No one.
10. Of whom is Estrella the daughter?
(c) The Duchess of Muscovy.
11. How does Rosaura feel about Segismundo's revelations?
(a) Pity and astonishment.
12. When Rosaura refuses to drop the matter of her rape, what does Clotaldo do?
(a) Locks her in Segismundo's tower.
(b) Tells her he can do nothing.
(c) Offers his assistance.
(d) Threatens her with lashes.
13. Who enters on stage next?
(c) Basilio again.
14. Who faces each off in a hallway in the palace?
(a) Clotaldo and Rosaura.
(b) Rosaura and Clarnn.
(c) Astolfo and Estrella.
(d) Basilio and Clotaldo.
15. Who does Clotaldo bring before Basilio?
(a) A rusted knight's sword.
(b) Two thieves caught in Muscovy.
(c) A message from the King of England.
(d) Rosaura and Clarnn.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Segismundo behaves badly what will happen?
2. How does Segismundo respond to what Clotaldo tells him?
3. How does Segismundo treat Asolfo?
4. How does Basilio likely feel about his treatment of Segismundo?
5. What alias is Rosaura using?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)