|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom is Astolfo the son?
2. What does Clotaldo urge Rosaura to do?
(a) Secretly poison Astolfo.
(b) Use her sword and duel Astolfo herself.
(c) Seek a champion to duel Astolfo for her honor.
(d) Drop the matter of her honor and go home.
3. What is Astolfo's suggestion to Estrella?
(a) That they marry.
(b) That she should become his mistress.
(c) That she go join a nunnery.
(d) That she is in love with Segismundo.
4. What does Basilio do to Rosaura and Clarnn?
(a) Releases them.
(b) Sends them to the dungeon.
(c) Embraces them as his cousins.
(d) Has them hanged.
5. Who comes onto the scene and what does he do?
(a) Estrella who proposes marriage to Segismundo.
(b) Basilio who embraces his son.
(c) Astolfo who makes pays his respects to the new prince.
(d) Rosaura who accosts Clotoldo.
6. Who was Clotaldo's long-ago sexual partner?
7. What do Segismundo's guards wear?
(a) Plumed hats.
(b) Black armor.
(d) Hip-high boots.
8. What is Segismundo doing at this time?
(a) Dueling with Astolfo.
(b) In a deathlike sleep.
(c) Sleeping with Clarnn.
(d) Flirting with Rosaura.
9. What is the relationship of the answer to question #4 to Astolfo?
(a) Aunt and nephew.
10. What was Basilio's belief about his son Segismundo?
(a) That he is not really his son.
(b) That he would be a cruel tryant.
(c) That he died at birth.
(d) That he was kidnapped at birth.
11. If he is returned to the tower, what will Clotaldo tell him?
(a) That his experience was real, but he behaved too badly to live out of the tower.
(b) That he is a monster and will die the next day.
(c) That his father is the king and has rejected Segismundo.
(d) That his experience in the palace was a dream.
12. What is Clotaldo's social status?
(a) A bonded servant.
(b) A tradesman.
(c) He is a nobleman.
(d) A serf.
13. Who does Clotaldo bring before Basilio?
(a) Two thieves caught in Muscovy.
(b) Rosaura and Clarnn.
(c) A rusted knight's sword.
(d) A message from the King of England.
14. How serious is the dishonor which Astolfo has done to Rosaura?
(a) He turns out not to be the cause of her dishonor.
(d) He can easily pay out a few gold pieces to take care of it.
15. How does Rosaura feel about Segismundo's revelations?
(a) Pity and astonishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Basilio want to do?
2. Who might Astolfo marry?
3. What do the guards do when they discover Rosaura and Clarnn?
4. How might Segismundo's behavior be characterized?
5. Of what is Segismundo ignorant?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)