|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Third Scene (351 - end).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man who has dishonored Rosaura?
(b) No one.
2. In what is Clotaldo particularly interested?
(a) A book in Rosaura's pack.
(b) Rosaura's sword.
(c) Rosaura's gloves.
(d) Rosaura's boot knife.
3. What two characters are talking together?
(a) Basilio and Astolfo.
(b) Clotaldo and Basilio.
(c) Clarnn and Rosaura.
(d) Estrella and Astrea.
4. What does Clotaldo tell Segismundo?
(a) That he is the Duke of Muscovy.
(b) That Segismundo should enjoy himself since he will return to the tower the next day.
(c) That he is Clotaldo's son.
(d) That he is heir apparent.
5. What is ironic about Clotaldo's counsel to Segismundo?
(a) Clotaldo is secretly embezzeling money from the royal treasury.
(b) Clotaldo's behavior has not been that honorable as regards his daughter Rosaura.
(c) There not really anything ironic since Clataldo is above reproach.
(d) Caltaldo often dreams and in the dreams behaviors in a very cruel way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to be a predominant characteristic of Clotaldo?
2. What is likely to be Clotaldo's true feelings when he pronounces Astolfo as vile?
3. Of whom is Astolfo the son?
4. How does Segismundo respond to what Clotaldo tells him?
5. Who asks Segismundo for mercy?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)