|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Second Scene (p. 346 - 351).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two characters discussing?
(a) The rebellious riots.
(b) The drought and ruined crops.
(c) The sad situation of Segismundo.
(d) The retirement of the king.
2. What does Basilio want to do?
(a) Marry again.
(c) Go to Great Britian for a state visit.
(d) Start a war with Muscovy.
3. How does Clotoldo attempt to compromise with Rosaura?
(a) Offers her one thousand gold coins.
(b) Tells her he will name her his heir.
(c) Tells her he'll find her a husband that won't care if she's a virgin.
(d) Tells her that if she doesn't stop talking about this situation, she'll have to return home.
4. What lesson does Clotaldo offer for what happens in Segismundo's "dream"?
(a) That Segismundo should not get so drunk that he dreams such nonsense.
(b) That dreams are reflections of real life.
(c) That a dream tells you who you really are.
(d) That even when something is a dream, you should still do the right thing in the dream.
5. How does Segismundo act about being in the tower and the palace scene being all a dream?
(a) Segismundo is not in the tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosaura claim that Astolfo did to her?
2. By allowing Caltaldo to leave, what does Segismundo demonstrate?
3. What is Astolfo's suggestion to Estrella?
4. What does Clotaldo tell the king?
5. In what is Clotaldo particularly interested?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)