|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Second Scene (p. 346 - 351).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosaura claim that Astolfo did to her?
(a) Ravished her.
(b) Whipped her for insolence.
(c) Promised her a fortune.
(d) Kept her as a servant.
2. How does Clotoldo attempt to compromise with Rosaura?
(a) Offers her one thousand gold coins.
(b) Tells her that if she doesn't stop talking about this situation, she'll have to return home.
(c) Tells her he will name her his heir.
(d) Tells her he'll find her a husband that won't care if she's a virgin.
3. At what is Basilio very skilled?
(b) Sword fighting.
(c) Waging war.
4. Who in the play so far has the clearest grasp of what honor really entails?
5. Who asks Segismundo for mercy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the son of the current elderly king of Poland?
2. What may be foreshadowed about Segismundo's future behavior in this scene?
3. What is the setting at the opening of this act?
4. Why is Clotaldo torn about helping Rosaura?
5. What is likely to happen given that the story is incomplete and the foreshadowing that has taken place up to this point?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)