|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, First Scene (p. 340 - 346).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives and learns of Segismundo's murder and what does he do?
(a) Rosaura who tells Segismundo to take her.
(b) Violente who cries.
(c) Basilio who demands Segismundo behave better.
(d) Astrea who stabs Segismundo.
2. How serious is the dishonor which Astolfo has done to Rosaura?
(b) He turns out not to be the cause of her dishonor.
(c) He can easily pay out a few gold pieces to take care of it.
3. Who might Astolfo marry?
4. What does Segismundo threaten when he hears someone?
(a) To ask his father to imprison the person.
(b) To murder any who comes within his grasp.
(c) To induct the person into his army.
(d) To fine the person ten ducats.
5. To whom is Clotaldo ever loyal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another thing that Segismundo demonstrates by allowing Caltaldo to leave?
2. What does Rosaura's horse do?
3. With what does the rebellion against the king begin?
4. What do the mountainous Polish countryside partially obscure?
5. Who was Clotaldo's long-ago sexual partner?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)