|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Second Scene (p. 303-313).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Astolfo and Estrella each desire?
(a) To marry each other.
(b) The death of Rosaura.
(c) The treasure of Muscovy.
(d) To be named heir to the throne of Poland.
2. At what is Basilio very skilled?
(a) Waging war.
(c) Sword fighting.
3. What is likely to be Segismundo's performance as a king?
(a) Quite good because he had a private tutor for many years and knows a lot.
(b) Horrid and beastly.
(c) His father would never consider making Segismundo king.
(d) No worse than his father.
4. How is Rosaura dressed?
(a) Like a man.
(b) In fine silk dresses.
(c) In flowing white robes.
(d) Like a peasant woman.
5. Who is the man who has dishonored Rosaura?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Basilio's belief about his son Segismundo?
2. Who asks Segismundo for mercy?
3. What does the person in question #10 declare after victory?
4. By whom is Rosaura accompanied?
5. Who was Clotaldo's long-ago sexual partner?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)