|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Second Scene (p. 303-313).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Basilio do to Rosaura and Clarnn?
(a) Sends them to the dungeon.
(b) Embraces them as his cousins.
(c) Has them hanged.
(d) Releases them.
2. What does Basilio decide to do about Segismundo.
(a) Marry him to Clarnn.
(b) Exile him to Russia.
(c) Give him one chance to redeem himself.
(d) Have him executed.
3. How does Basilio likely feel about his treatment of Segismundo?
4. Who is the son of the current elderly king of Poland?
5. What does Clotaldo urge Rosaura to do?
(a) Drop the matter of her honor and go home.
(b) Secretly poison Astolfo.
(c) Seek a champion to duel Astolfo for her honor.
(d) Use her sword and duel Astolfo herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosaura reply to Clotaldo's question about the item in #26?
2. What was Basilio's belief about his son Segismundo?
3. What did Clotaldo leave with Violante?
4. In what is Clotaldo particularly interested?
5. Who does Clotaldo bring before Basilio?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)