|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Second Scene (p. 346 - 351).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Recisunda and Clorilene related?
(a) Aunt and niece.
(c) They are sisters.
(d) They are not related.
2. What was Basilio's belief about his son Segismundo?
(a) That he is not really his son.
(b) That he would be a cruel tryant.
(c) That he died at birth.
(d) That he was kidnapped at birth.
3. Where does Act 1, Second Scene take place?
(a) A hallway in the Royal palace.
(b) At Clotaldo's home.
(c) In an inn in Warsaw.
(d) In the tower.
4. What does Clotaldo tell the king?
(a) News of Segismundo's escape and rebellious plans.
(b) That Rosaura is his daughter.
(c) That Segismund is dead.
(d) That Clarnn escaped from the tower.
5. What could be said of Rosaura by her statements at the end of this scene?
(a) That she is taking charge of her own destiny.
(b) That she is so discouraged, she's leaving for Muscovy immediately.
(c) That she realizes that she was wrong to be so concerned with her honor.
(d) That she blames everyone for not helping her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Segismundo decide after his conversation with Clotaldo and Clotaldo's advice about doing right in a dream?
2. What is likely to happen given that the story is incomplete and the foreshadowing that has taken place up to this point?
3. Of whom is Astolfo the son?
4. What in this scene is a possible theme of this work?
5. Who is the man who has dishonored Rosaura?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)