|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Second Scene (p. 346 - 351).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Astolfo's suggestion to Estrella?
(a) That she go join a nunnery.
(b) That she should become his mistress.
(c) That they marry.
(d) That she is in love with Segismundo.
2. Who does Clotaldo bring before Basilio?
(a) Two thieves caught in Muscovy.
(b) A rusted knight's sword.
(c) A message from the King of England.
(d) Rosaura and Clarnn.
3. How does Clotaldo respond to Segismundo?
(a) Says Segismundo will still be king.
(b) Says Segismundo will be executed for murdering the servant.
(c) Says Segismundo never left his cell.
(d) Says Rosuara is his daughter and Clotaldo wants to duel Segismundo for her honor.
4. How does Segismundo act about being in the tower and the palace scene being all a dream?
(b) Segismundo is not in the tower.
5. What does Rosaura claim that Astolfo did to her?
(a) Whipped her for insolence.
(b) Promised her a fortune.
(c) Kept her as a servant.
(d) Ravished her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting at the opening of this scene?
2. What do Astolfo and Estrella each desire?
3. Who in the play so far has the clearest grasp of what honor really entails?
4. Who faces each off in a hallway in the palace?
5. What will happen if Segismundo fails in the task set before him?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)