|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Second Scene (p. 346 - 351).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Clarnn a security threat to the kingdom?
(a) He is an accomplished assassin.
(b) He knows the secret of the tower.
(c) He is actually an illegetimate son of Basilio.
(d) He is a spy for the king of Great Britian.
2. What characteristic of Rosaura's might prove a weakness?
(a) Her timidity.
(b) Her charisma.
(c) Her single mindedness.
(d) Her disloyalty.
3. Of whom is Astolfo the son?
4. What could be said of Rosaura by her statements at the end of this scene?
(a) That she is so discouraged, she's leaving for Muscovy immediately.
(b) That she realizes that she was wrong to be so concerned with her honor.
(c) That she blames everyone for not helping her.
(d) That she is taking charge of her own destiny.
5. What does Clotaldo tell the king?
(a) That Rosaura is his daughter.
(b) That Clarnn escaped from the tower.
(c) News of Segismundo's escape and rebellious plans.
(d) That Segismund is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Basilio confide to Clotaldo?
2. When Rosaura speaks at length about honor, how does Clotaldo respond?
3. How did they get Segismundo back to his cell in the tower?
4. What lesson does Clotaldo offer for what happens in Segismundo's "dream"?
5. What seems to be a predominant characteristic of Clotaldo?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)