|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Second Scene (p. 346 - 351).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clotaldo not reveal at this point?
(a) That he knows the whereabouts of Segismundo's mother.
(b) That he allowed Segismundo visitors regularly.
(c) That he is really Segismundo's father.
(d) That he is Rosaura's father.
2. What is a predominant characteristic of Rosuara?
3. What does Rosaura claim that Astolfo did to her?
(a) Ravished her.
(b) Kept her as a servant.
(c) Promised her a fortune.
(d) Whipped her for insolence.
4. Why does Basilio desire to abdicate the throne?
(a) He wants to marry a commoner.
(b) He is old and tired.
(c) He has no desire to abdicate.
(d) He has been caught in corruption.
5. When Rosaura speaks at length about honor, how does Clotaldo respond?
(a) A banal trestise on the need for loyalty to one's superiors.
(b) He slaps Rosaura for being so pig-headed.
(c) He is confounded by her brilliance.
(d) Total agreement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could be said of Rosaura by her statements at the end of this scene?
2. Who begs the king to intervene in the riots?
3. What was Basilio's belief about his son Segismundo?
4. Where does Act 1, Second Scene take place?
5. What does Clotaldo urge Rosaura to do?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)