Act 1, First Scene (p. 293-303)
1. Who does Rosaura pursue to Poland?
2. Why does Rosaura chase the person who is the answer to question #1?
(a) To find her kidnapped son.
(b) To retrieve a locket.
(c) To kill him for revenge.
(d) To hope he'll marry her.
3. What does Astolfo hope to claim?
(a) The reward for killing the dragon.
(b) The Duchy of Westminister.
(c) The throne to Poland.
(d) The sword of truth.
4. Who might Astolfo marry?
5. What is the relationship of the answer to question #4 to Astolfo?
(a) Aunt and nephew.
6. Who is the son of the current elderly king of Poland?
7. What is the current king of Poland re-considering?
(a) Whether he will allow Segismundo to ascend the throne.
(b) Whether he should allow Astolfo to retain his dukedom.
(c) Whether he should abdicate.
(d) If Astolfo should marry.
8. How might Segismundo's behavior be characterized?
This section contains 4,755 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)